VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #2,461 of 7,982

Quote:
I have the same problem.  I am using the large Sony Hybrids...and as Freefallr4545 mentioned, I do get best results by making sure that the tips aren't pushed on too far.
These are the best I have found (and I have tried many)...but I still wish I could try a little larger.  I think Sony EX-600 and EX-1000 come with an XL (or LL) tip that would probably be perfect.  The problem is, I haven't found any way to purchase it separately.  It doesn't come in the normal Sony Hybrid retail package.  

Anyone know how to get this tip?   (Or maybe I just need to go ahead and get the EX-600 
wink.gif

Rapid, we must have the same size ears. I kept wishing I could get something a little larger than the L sony's. Could never find them. The Jay's large work real well for me. And for even larger, that stay well are the Phonacs large grey round ones, or for the big  ones Head direct Large Double flange..... I have no idea how this happened but after several months (Also Comply large work too) I went back to try the original Stock large ones, and they stayed in place and sounded great. I still have to tweak a little, but the extra work for these phones was well worth it to me

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #2,464 of 7,982

Quote:
I have the same problem.  I am using the large Sony Hybrids...and as Freefallr4545 mentioned, I do get best results by making sure that the tips aren't pushed on too far.
These are the best I have found (and I have tried many)...but I still wish I could try a little larger.  I think Sony EX-600 and EX-1000 come with an XL (or LL) tip that would probably be perfect.  The problem is, I haven't found any way to purchase it separately.  It doesn't come in the normal Sony Hybrid retail package.  

Anyone know how to get this tip?   (Or maybe I just need to go ahead and get the EX-600 
wink.gif

I just got my Sony Hybrids today and tested them.  They looked perfectly identical to my M2 large silicone ones.  They fit a tad better, but like you, I wish there was a tiny size bigger.  I'll try Freefall's recommendation on the Jays.  Should let me know if you order them to see if they fit since we have similar ear sizes.

Edit:  Where can I buy the jays silicone?  Only place I can find them is on ebay from Sweden.

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,465 of 7,982
Glad to know I am not the only freak 
biggrin.gif

I've got a drawer full of completely useless tips....including that Monster sampler pack.  Not a single one fit right.

I am currently using a Phonak large grey in right ear and large sony hybrid in left (right ear must be a little bigger...and it helps me tell right from left in dim lighting).   I do get a good enough seal to hear that great GR07 sub-bass, but just doesn't feel that secure. 

I wouldn't mind trying the jays either.  But really, I would rather have the xtra large sony hybrid.  Wish they would include it in the retail package!

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2,466 of 7,982
Feb 10, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #2,470 of 7,982
Yikes! Luckily, I have an experienced headphone guy here in Saigon who I'm sure can fix this for me if need be. They should be here any day now...I can't wait to get them...too much anticipation going on in my head.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2,471 of 7,982

Quote:
Yikes! Luckily, I have an experienced headphone guy here in Saigon who I'm sure can fix this for me if need be. They should be here any day now...I can't wait to get them...too much anticipation going on in my head.

I feel the same, but there are strikes now in my country and the post offices aren't functioning. The earphones are 500 meters from my home, but I can't get them.

One question to the owners : how good is the GR07 for movies, audiobooks...
Sure it's not their main purpose, but I wish to use them for everything not only music.
thanks

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #2,472 of 7,982

Quote:

I feel the same, but there are strikes now in my country and the post offices aren't functioning. The earphones are 500 meters from my home, but I can't get them.

One question to the owners : how good is the GR07 for movies, audiobooks...
Sure it's not their main purpose, but I wish to use them for everything not only music.
thanks

They will work well for pretty much anything.  Games, movies, music...haven't run into anything they don't do well.

And seriously, what's with the postal services and strikes?  The same thing happened in Canada not long ago...

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #2,473 of 7,982

Quote:

The newer ones seem to have reduced this problem.  I treat mine fairly well, but they've still been stuffed into my pocket more than a few times (and have several hundred hours on them at this point) with no signs of damage to the cable or strain relief.  Cable's still silver too - hasn't started turning green on me yet.

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #2,474 of 7,982
Just thought I'd mention a possible GR07/RE252 step up.   Ijoker did  recent custom review of the Cleartune Monitor CTM-200 and gave it a 9.6SQ rating!   When I asked him what universals would the sound signature be a step up from, he responded:

"If anything, these are blend of the RE252 and GR07 with a BA flavor - wide headstage, very balanced signature, neutral tone, punchy bass, etc."

(Unfortunately for me I tried customs and realized plastic is too hard for my ears, even w/perfect fit, so I'll be stuck with silicone and shallow insertion at that but I absolutely love my GR07's, stock small tips, best SQ with Studio V)

Feb 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2,475 of 7,982
My GR07's arrived Thursday and I've been putting them through their paces ever since. I seemed to have gotten the original version, (silver cable black housings) from Lendmeurears on eBay. So far,  I have barely heard any sibilance which I though I would hear some.?. Anyway I have been burning them in during 8 hour sessions and playing them for at least 5~6 hours a day. I have yet to notice a difference from burn in. I do like them, they are the first set that made me feel like my Sansa's eq isn't necessary. 

I have not noticed any difference at all yet with 32 hours burn in. I do like them but I am hoping for a little bit more out of them, I'm not disappointed, but neither am I impressed yet. They seem to more or less do nothing wrong, more so than do anything phenomenal. But I'll hold off on my real opinions until I hit the 180~200 hour mark. So just an initial impression (grain of salt required).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back