VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #1,426 of 7,982
I currently am using Brainwavz B2's/w comply eartips P trimmed.  Has anyone tried the comply T130 eartips installed backwards on the GR07's.  This makes them similar to the P tips trimmed to the plastic core.  I had good luck with the T130 tips installed backwards on my Phonack Audeo earphones.  This gave me good isolation, low bass, and very good treble response.  I just ordered the GR07's off Ebay, the auction that was posted a few pages back.  I am concerned about fit, and I want to have some tips handy to try.  I really like the foam tips on the B2's and the Phonack PFE's for seal and comfort.  I would really like to hear if anyone else has tried the T130 tips installed backwards.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #1,427 of 7,982

Quote:
Just purchased through the same seller I posted earlier, which happens to be the least expensive one currently on eBay. Only 2 left in stock (as I type this), in case anyone is on the fence.

Between the GR07, and my EX600's, what more could one possibly ask for? Unless of course, a miracle is headed my way (pun intended). 
biggrin.gif

In your opinion, how does the EX600 compare to the GR07? How will you describe it?

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #1,428 of 7,982
It's been a while since I've had the GR07's, since I sold my original pair a while back, to a very dear friend I might add. Hence I'd hate to base anything off of memory. Once the new pair arrives, I'll A/B the two and let you know my friend. 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #1,430 of 7,982
Heh, not in everyway IMO. If anything I think they're pretty much on par technically wise, but personal preferences will make you swing one way or another. The EX600 sounds bigger and is more dynamic, but it's apparent weakness in the lower treble makes it potentially less enjoyable. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #1,431 of 7,982
Yea it's just IMO Inks, I can understand why people would like them, but for me, it just didn't work. - it was one of those hyped IEM'S you WANT to like but your ears just won't let you :cool:

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #1,432 of 7,982
More preference than not, as I don't see the EX600 as hype, much like how the GR07 is anything but hype. Gotta give credit where it's due, and the EX600 is just as equally deserving as the GR07 IMO. In the same sense, while the CK10 wasn't to my liking, I can't say it's any less technically proficient because of it. Just my humble opinion. 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,433 of 7,982

Quote:
It's been a while since I've had the GR07's, since I sold my original pair a while back, to a very dear friend I might add. Hence I'd hate to base anything off of memory. Once the new pair arrives, I'll A/B the two and let you know my friend. 
smile.gif

That would be me and I'm Loving them big time Thaks I2 I figured you may purchase again. I may get a back up
darthsmile.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #1,434 of 7,982
Glad to see you active again my dear friend! The only reason I ever considered parting with them in the first place was because I was happy to know whose hands they'd be in, and was more than confident you'd find them to your liking. 
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #1,435 of 7,982
Yea that's what I'm saying, I can understand why people do like them but for ME, I couldn't follow along with all the praise they were receiving - from what I've read on the appreciation thread they seem a bit like marmite, people either love them or hate them, if you get the right seal and your ears become accustomed to the (what I felt) harsh sibilance then the detail and presentation is unbelievable; I think the GR07's are a bit more likeable to boot, regarding the fit and out of the box sound presentation.

This is all my personal opinion and what my ears heard, not fact, I am definitely not disregarding the EX600's from being a bad IEM, far from that :xf_eek:

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #1,437 of 7,982
For those who bought from lendmeurears, how long did it take to receive your shipment? I'm in the US. Their website doesn't allow tracking. I ordered Sunday, and I have no tracking yet.

Also do people think the new version with all the accessories is worth the extra $? I ordered the old version and was going to ordered the Sony hybrid tips which is only $8 on Amazon. Also kind of nice that the old one comes with a hard case vs pouch in the new one.

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #1,438 of 7,982
You likely won't get any tracking number.  It'll take between one and two weeks based on the info from everyone else in this thread.

As for myself...I've also just had my left headphone split like mentioned in the past few pages.  A little dab of superglue, and all is well.  No biggie, but kind of disconcerting since the headphones are only used at home and are only a few months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back