VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,382 of 7,982
Oct 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #1,384 of 7,982
Oct 2, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #1,385 of 7,982
So, I've been trying out the JAYS tips that I bought from dweaver for a few days now, and I must say, they're pretty nice!  The foam ones were pretty comfortable once I got used to them, but they seemed to attenuate the bass a bit.  They didn't have much impact on the rest of the frequency though.

On the other hand, the silicone JAYS tips (which look nearly identical to the stock VSonic ones, except the nozzles are wider at the tip) really seem to sound quite nice.  Compared to the Hybrids, the bass is kept at around the same level, but the treble seems to have opened up a little which, to me, seems to have expanded the soundstage a little.  They don't seem to have added any sibilance either.

Haven't had a chance to compare them to the stock single flanges though, so I'll have to try that out soon.

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #1,386 of 7,982
Usually epoxy offers higher performance (it may not matter in this case, but I would think you may keep the glue for other projects in the future).  And you can keep them for long time because the two parts won't dry out any time soon and hardening only happens when they are mixed together. I am not sure if you should go for cement type though.   You should use general purpose type or maybe flex type which focus on plastic.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #1,389 of 7,982
Any word on an US based authorized dealer? I'm really interested in these but a little nervous about some of the build quality issues. Ok, build quality issues may be an overstatement, but if these things were build like the Sennheisers, I'd be all over them.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #1,390 of 7,982
How are these headphones for me?

i mainly listen to pop (about 80% of my music) and techno (the rest of my music)

I'm currently using Hippo VB with Cowon J3, but i have to put the treble up cause there are too much bass (+1 on 3.0 kHz, +1 on 13 kHz, BBE=10, MP Enhance=on, and everything else off)

thanks in advance.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #1,392 of 7,982

Quote:
How are these headphones for me?

i mainly listen to pop (about 80% of my music) and techno (the rest of my music)

I'm currently using Hippo VB with Cowon J3, but i have to put the treble up cause there are too much bass (+1 on 3.0 kHz, +1 on 13 kHz, BBE=10, MP Enhance=on, and everything else off)

thanks in advance.

Then absolutely.  The GR07s are so far superior to the VBs it's almost laughable.  You'll be a lot happier with the treble and the smoothness of the bass.  You wouldn't regret it at all.

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #1,395 of 7,982
I'm really impressed by these IEMs, i haven't heard of them (I'm gonna order them today) but clieOS said they sound better than the IE8 and the TF10 technically, even ljokerl gave them a higher rating than the IE8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back