VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #1,218 of 7,982
Quote:
My GR07 arrived and I'm listening to the them right now with the stock tips. First reactions = sounds ok but I was expecting it to be brighter. I guess I've grown too accustomed to my overly bright FA-011 + PA2V2 and because of that haven't really noticed the sibilance.
tongue.gif
Bass is great, just the right amount for my taste.
I'll have to give these a proper burn-in and listen to them more but so far my impression is a mere meh, was expecting a little more. I'm aware though that many have had the same first impression and that these tend to grow on one. One more positive note is that they are exactly what I've been looking for in comfort and just because of that they are keepers for me. 
smile.gif

My first reaction was the same as yours. Now I love them very very much
etysmile.gif

I can advise you 5 things:

1. Give them at least 200 hours of burn-in.

2. Experiment with different kinds of tips and sizes.

3. Adjust the nozzle angle for best fit and sound (give the angle to the nozzle, my advise is to push the nozzle as far as you can -to the outer side (like flattening the iems)).

4. Adjust the fitting depth (in order to get best sound and sound-stage I do not push them fully in, I just push them very little and angle the outer part (housing) of the iem to an angle outside of the ear that it does not touch my ear).

5. Use a good quality player and recordings (especially FLAC).

PS:
After experimenting with different kinds of amps, my conclusion is that they really don't need an amp...

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #1,220 of 7,982

Quote:
Has anyone purchased a set of vsonic GR07 from the ebay seller (sound_junkie) ?

Just ordered some from him but the payment went through to some site called bargainpile.net

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vsonic-R07-GR07-Professional-IEM-Earphones-NEW-/110738222906?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item19c8832f3a#ht_2566wt_1144

Never seen that before. Seems to have decent feedback, I guess you'll just have to wait and see! He is shipping the old GR07 packaging though, so I would assume it's legit. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #1,229 of 7,982

Quote:

Oh really yeah the bigger ones should fit better I think?

Also I only have a clip+ at the moment with no amp, do the GR07's work fine with the clip?

Works beautifully, even more so with rockbox. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back