VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #1,144 of 7,982
I got my Phonac tips in Yesterday and I'm very impressed with everything about them. They are a little tough to get on snug fit. When I get my camera back I'll take some pics. They are nice and big, more like short and fat. I like them better than the Sony hybrids for sure. When using the Hybrids, I would sometimes increase the mids, but with the phonacs, I have a near perfect balance across the spectrum. I appreciate you guys suggesting these. Listening to Weather report now and Jacos bass sounds absolutely amazing (of course), I can;t even go back to the stock tips, but mostly as all sizes are too small for me. I have the Hi Fi man bi flanges coming later this week and I shall rate all three, but for now the Phonacs are top notch. Also they were 10 bucks for 3 pair free shipping, First Class. Oh and these are giving me the best isolation also

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #1,145 of 7,982
Still stuck in air travel :frowning2: 

Hoping these will complement my B2's well. How well do these match the detail and speed of the DBA02/B2? 

I enjoy maybe 90% of the songs I've listened to with the B2, but some hip-hop and alternative tracks can be a little bright. 

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #1,147 of 7,982

Quote:
Will olive tips fit GR07? If not, then which foam tips will?

The olive tips will not fit the GR07 without being modded. I believe a good few pages back someone explains that they modded them with a soldering iron to allow the plastic to expand over the GR07's. However he also said the treble gets lost with them. 

The jays foam tips seem to be the ones that fit, but don't take my word for it.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #1,149 of 7,982
question please - when using the ear "clips" - to stop the cable pulling the GR07s out of your ears - you seem to have to have the distance of "bare wire" between end of the GR07 and the ear-plastic piece - about 1cm long

fine - but when they're in your ears - that piece of cable seems to be under quite a lot of stress ? will it break over a period of time ?

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #1,150 of 7,982

Quote:
question please - when using the ear "clips" - to stop the cable pulling the GR07s out of your ears - you seem to have to have the distance of "bare wire" between end of the GR07 and the ear-plastic piece - about 1cm long

Yes

Quote:
fine - but when they're in your ears - that piece of cable seems to be under quite a lot of stress ? will it break over a period of time ?

No

wink.gif

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #1,151 of 7,982

Quote:

Interesting.  I had reported some early "fitment" issues with the GR07s, and part of it was due to that distance between the end of the ear guide and the top of the IEM itself.  I found that about 1/4" distance was good, but it would change slightly as I adjusted the cable -- especially if I had it around the back of my head.

Anyhow, I eventually stopped using the ear guide(s) altogether, and things have worked out much better for me :)

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #1,152 of 7,982
Good to see others liking the stock tips too. I felt the real sony hybrids affected the mids and the lower treble a bit too much also; compressed the soundstage too. But, different ears so...

Quote:
Still stuck in air travel :frowning2: 

Hoping these will complement my B2's well. How well do these match the detail and speed of the DBA02/B2? 

I enjoy maybe 90% of the songs I've listened to with the B2, but some hip-hop and alternative tracks can be a little bright. 

They will most likely complement just fine. I personally don't even reach for my B2's anymore because I find them very congested in comparison and I can't enjoy their speed and clarity as much as I would like as a result. Maybe I was just getting a bad fit though.

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #1,153 of 7,982
Seems to me that the "new" GR07 ships with various tips, including Sony hybrids. Or are they just imitations? Also will my Clip and Clix 2 be able to power the GR07 or do I need to carry my E7 with me?

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #1,154 of 7,982

Quote:
Seems to me that the "new" GR07 ships with various tips, including Sony hybrids. Or are they just imitations? Also will my Clip and Clix 2 be able to power the GR07 or do I need to carry my E7 with me?

I believe they are imitation of the hybrids (identical ones) and they also ship with the old tips as well.

Your clip will be able to deal with the GR07 just fine. The GR07 sounds lovely without an amp, however an amp does allow it to reach full potential - just like most high-end IEMs.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #1,155 of 7,982
Quote:
I believe they are imitation of the hybrids (identical ones) and they also ship with the old tips as well.

Your clip will be able to deal with the GR07 just fine. The GR07 sounds lovely without an amp, however an amp does allow it to reach full potential - just like most high-end IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back