VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #1,006 of 7,982

Quote:

case sounds the same (actually very practical case it is too)

mine came with one pair of biflange tips - no idea of size - but I'd guess around medium or so - they're the ones I'm ussing currently

3 pairs of rubber ones of different sizes (s, m, l)

and one pair of natural coloured foams - athough they were rubbish as one of them stopped "expanding" after 3rd use !!

have to say I'm very prone/aware of siblence - normally drives me mad - and I'm not hearing any at all on my GR07s - only got about 20 hrs on them so far

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #1,007 of 7,982
      Quote:
So was it the new packaging, with more tips?

Not sure whether it is the new packaging but less tips compared to my 1st purchase about one and half months ago. For my 1st purchase, it comes with two pairs of biflange (one pair larger than the other). For my second purchase, only the smaller biflange is included.

The rest is the same as described by Buckster below

Quote:

mine came with one pair of biflange tips - no idea of size - but I'd guess around medium or so - they're the ones I'm ussing currently

and one pair of natural coloured foams - athough they were rubbish as one of them stopped "expanding" after 3rd use !!

Hi thanks for your inputs. I would say my 2nd pair comes with less siblance prior to burn-in. Now going about 10 -15 hrs, still a bit sharp though.

Tips wise, I actually prefer the larger biflange. It gives a slightly better sound in my opinion. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #1,008 of 7,982
Since I'm Jamaican, I figured I might as well Reggae-fy head-fi lol. This sounds great through the GR07 too

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #1,009 of 7,982

Same here I purchased from lendmeurears and the box was sealed.  Not sure what was going on with your first pair sci00099

Quote:

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #1,010 of 7,982
Is it possible to replace the cable with one that would have an inline mic? And if so, could someone point me in the direction of Android-compatible ones?

Also, the product picture on lendmeurears' eBay listing is silver, other pictures I've seen are black--which colour do they come in?

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #1,011 of 7,982

Quote:
Is it possible to replace the cable with one that would have an inline mic? And if so, could someone point me in the direction of Android-compatible ones?

Also, the product picture on lendmeurears' eBay listing is silver, other pictures I've seen are black--which colour do they come in?

Unless you want to take them apart and solder a new cable in, no, you can't replace it.

And they originally came only in black, but I think there are a few new colours coming out soon.  They'll probably give you a choice if they have any other colours right now.

Sep 4, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #1,014 of 7,982

Quote:
Since I'm Jamaican, I figured I might as well Reggae-fy head-fi lol. This sounds great through the GR07 too

Good stuff
beerchug.gif

And everyone else who's been posting music to try out with these too. I just don't know how to/if you can multi-quote across pages.

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #1,015 of 7,982

was looking around for these and i came across a site that has them. check out their description lol.
http://www.buymania.org/vsonic-gr07-r07-pro-dynamic-noise-isolation-earphones/

sorry if your head explodes...

from the site...

Product Description

Top into the dynamic R07-ear headphones. For your more comfortable to wear, the sound reduction is more perfect, VSONIC acoustic R & D team after three years and three months of constantly improving the storm finally overcome the layers of the market.R07 series version of HI-END-ear headphones the sound quality of the mainrequirements for the higher HI-FI group designed a stylish and beautiful Neckband earheadphones, the ID concept design of the tank shape strong CCAW high dynamic drive unit. The release of top model VS-R07, with a world-class ultra-high-density fiber diaphragm biological materials, high technology will be one hundred layers of composite biological material financial diaphragm as thin as onion skin of the ear!

Sep 5, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #1,016 of 7,982

Quote:

was looking around for these and i came across a site that has them. check out their description lol.

from the site...

Product Description

Top into the dynamic R07-ear headphones. For your more comfortable to wear, the sound reduction is more perfect, VSONIC acoustic R & D team after three years and three months of constantly improving the storm finally overcome the layers of the market.R07 series version of HI-END-ear headphones the sound quality of the mainrequirements for the higher HI-FI group designed a stylish and beautiful Neckband earheadphones, the ID concept design of the tank shape strong CCAW high dynamic drive unit. The release of top model VS-R07, with a world-class ultra-high-density fiber diaphragm biological materials, high technology will be one hundred layers of composite biological material financial diaphragm as thin as onion skin of the ear!

Wha...the......arrrrghhh.....*splat* 
confused.gif

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #1,017 of 7,982

Quote:

from the site...

Product Description

LOL!! These people have truly mastered the art of Engrish

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #1,020 of 7,982
I am trying to figure out the best sound and eq settings for the GR-07 on my Rockboxed Fuze V2.

I have saved 6 different customized eq's so far but after switching and trying them for different genres I understand that I am doing

something wrong (also Crossfeed does not seem to do a good job on the Fuze V2 rockbox firmware. So I have disabled crossfeed).

Can Rockboxed Fuze users share their sound and EQ settings?

The best settings for me so far:

Bass: 8
Treble: 0
Stereo Width: %100
Crossfeed: No
Dithering: No
Timestretch: No
Compressor: -3dB
Makeup Gain: Auto
Ratio:  4:1
Knee: Soft Knee
Release Time: 500 ms