VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #7,636 of 7,982

interesting. I really liked the soundstage for VSD5, and if it's more 2D than that, then i might not like the GR07. I listen to music while traveling a lot, so isolation is a must for me. I think the best bet right now would be MA750 then, heard a lot about it's soundstage and isolation as well. Build is tricky, but 3 years warranty should help.

Isolation with the GR07 is above average, it's just that the tips that come with it don't vacuum seal due to their material. The MA750 is a very different sounding iem that is far from flat or neutral. IMO you can't go wrong with the GR07 as far as sound is concerned, it's considered a classic for a reason. The only thing i would consider after owning 3 different pairs is the cable. I would only get a pair with detachable cables, so the GR07x is a no go for me.

May 7, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #7,637 of 7,982
Got a pair of the Gr07X for sale currently if anyone wants to give it a shot. Bought em for my wife because she liked mine and now she got some Bluetooth headphones and never wants to go back. Mint condition. Check em out.

May 11, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #7,641 of 7,982
So I just got the latest version of the GR07 bass, the ones where the actual phones are detachable, and I absolutely love them.
I have one question though: Does anybody have an idea where I can purchase a replacement cable with a three button remote that works on Android? I wouldn't even need a microphone, just the buttons.
Any help would be terribly appreciated.
Cheers.

May 12, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #7,642 of 7,982
So I just got the latest version of the GR07 bass, the ones where the actual phones are detachable, and I absolutely love them.
I have one question though: Does anybody have an idea where I can purchase a replacement cable with a three button remote that works on Android? I wouldn't even need a microphone, just the buttons.
Any help would be terribly appreciated.
Cheers.

Check on Amazon for mmcx cables. There are a few.
Or, better, checkout Null Audio. Keep in mind their lowest priced cable is ~$50 USD (with remote). They make nice gear.

May 13, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #7,643 of 7,982
I've had my VSonic GR07 Classic's for a few months now and I really enjoy the overall sound of this IEM. The only thing that I have a slight issue with is the bumped treble, which I can find a bit hot, peaky and sibilant after long listening sessions. As a result, I find the VSonic GR07 quite fatiguing and can really only listen to them for 2-3 hours before I feel I have to take them off to give my ears a rest. I guess I have two questions:
  1. Which eartips are the best to try and reduce this treble peak?
  2. Are there any similar sounding IEMs around the same price that have a slightly warmer, more laid back, less fatiguing sound? Hopefully something that sounds very similar to the GR07, but just a bit easier on the ears?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

May 13, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #7,644 of 7,982
May 15, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #7,647 of 7,982
Can anyone out there comment on the differences or similarities between the newer gr07 (or gr07be) with detachable cables and their fixed-cable predecessors?
I'm wondering if build quality, cable quality (suppleness), and most importantly sound signatures have changed, and to what extent.

May 30, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #7,648 of 7,982
Just picked up the GR07 classic. Can't believe how good this iem sound. No doubt it sounded way better than most iems even with customs many times more expensive. (Think JH..)
GR07 is a proof that excellent sound doesn't need to be expensive. The only advantage customs have is isolation but this thing is no slouch on isolation to begin with. Also cranking the volume up, the GR07 still maintain the same excellent sound without loosing control or increase perceived distortion. So at the end of the day it's a moot point.

Another plus I can see about the GR07 is that it is not as source sensitive than most iems. It does not have a ridiculously low impedance (where most iems are trending now), very efficient and sensitive, it has virtually flat impedance curve not like the common dynamic driver or multi-driver BAs which have wild impedance swings across the audible range. Which means it will sound excellent from a good old ipod to your shiny AKxx or any modern DAPs. In fact, I might find a reason to use my old iPod classic more since I am getting frustrated with all DAPs (except AK) I tried when it comes to software experience. Still nothing beats the iPod in this department. (Not to mention, rockbox is equally enjoyable alternative).

The design and comfort is not like most iems. In fact the only reason I don't normally pay attention to uiems is because the common design is just not comfortable for me and/or unstable that usually pops out of my ear every few minutes or so which affects the overall sound, especially the bass. This thing just sit in my ears and never moved at all and feels like it just disappear only hearing sound from thin air.

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #7,650 of 7,982
I had no idea Vsonic releasd so many IEM's or that the GR07 got an update

I've had them for 2 years, and in that time, I've had them recabled 4 TIMES.
If you use these for everyday carry, they WILL short in the connections to the driver, no matter how nicely you treat them.
I absolutely love them, and mine are sadly probably on their last repair before having to be trashed.

The GR07 detachable is exactly what I've been waiting for, and should solve the durability issue. I know there's many more iem options, but I just cannot give these earbuds up, they can compete with my many planars at times, and I've never heard another iem that has stood a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back