VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #7,531 of 7,982
Can anyone tell me if a detachable cable can solve the build quality issues of gr07 (2017 version) ?

I mean if it malfunctions after a warranty period can i just replace the cable and go on ?

I am new to the detachable cable world so please bare with my little knowledge.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #7,532 of 7,982
Can anyone tell me if a detachable cable can solve the build quality issues of gr07 (2017 version) ?

I mean if it malfunctions after a warranty period can i just replace the cable and go on ?

I am new to the detachable cable world so please bare with my little knowledge.

As long they either use some standard of cable connection, or vsonic supplies their own replacement cable, you should be good for any cable problems. The point where the cable detaches becomes a potential weak point though, so we will see i guess. :)

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #7,533 of 7,982
As long they either use some standard of cable connection, or vsonic supplies their own replacement cable, you should be good for any cable problems. The point where the cable detaches becomes a potential weak point though, so we will see i guess. :)

After posting this question i browsed this thread for a while and found that the driver can also be a weak point and that can't be fixed. So replacement cable is only a part of the solution but at least 2017 version provides this option.

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #7,537 of 7,982
I am not too confident in this shoulder rest idea... they should just make some killer ear-clips instead :D

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #7,538 of 7,982
So i inquired about the variants of latest stock. There are 2 versions that are currently available. One is the same old one with the new black/grey cable and other has a removable cable which is $25 expensive.

Now is it worth to spend extra for removable cable version considering that driver itself malfunction and it is not always cable fault ?

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #7,539 of 7,982
So i inquired about the variants of latest stock. There are 2 versions that are currently available. One is the same old one with the new black/grey cable and other has a removable cable which is $25 expensive.

Now is it worth to spend extra for removable cable version considering that driver itself malfunction and it is not always cable fault ?

Why not? I heard the build quality is better in the new version. And with detachable cable, you can go balanced mode, or use the cable on other iems. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #7,540 of 7,982
Lend Me UR Ears now have both GR07 and GR07 Bass listed with detachable cables.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #7,541 of 7,982

Users who are viewing this thread

Back