VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #7,516 of 7,982
Sorry, i want mean where

So the prices changes ? :confused_face_2:

VSonic GR07 BE is actually $107, new editions come $107 ?

lendmeurears stock them for intl market and penon too but hope it hits the chinese mainland market first.......yeah, price may be bit more due to removable cables and improvised. but will be happy as anyone if they are tagged not > 110. :)

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #7,517 of 7,982
I think the ETA is around the middle of the month, but I guess it might take a bit more for international resellers like penon and lmue to start selling it. As far as pricing I think around 120 bucks for the detachable versions but international resellers might raise the price.

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #7,521 of 7,982

So on your phone, ~280kbps mp4 (same to MP3 V0) and on pc, FLAC ?

Well, IMO an 256kbps or better aac file made with nero or apple encoder is better than a 320 cbr mp3 but at least five years have passed since the last time i blind tested that. Anyway, i don't even use a Nexus 5 anymore, the point i was trying to make is that the GR07 is really easy to drive and thus sees less benefit from more juice.

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #7,526 of 7,982

Well, IMO an 256kbps or better aac file made with nero or apple encoder is better than a 320 cbr mp3 but at least five years have passed since the last time i blind tested that. Anyway, i don't even use a Nexus 5 anymore, the point i was trying to make is that the GR07 is really easy to drive and thus sees less benefit from more juice.

Oh thank you so much ^^

Now you don't use Nexus with GR07 ?

I'm afraid to broke my GR07 if i listen bad records (like MP3 V0)

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #7,527 of 7,982
  Oh thank you so much ^^

Now you don't use Nexus with GR07 ?

I'm afraid to broke my GR07 if i listen bad records (like MP3 V0)

No, you won't break the IEMs even if you listen to noise all day long, as long as you don't listen loud enough to blow the transducer, and you'd lose your hearing before that happens.

I think pure tone or square wave waveforms can potentially be damaging in certain situations and amplitudes, but the waveform is just a waveform, your IEM won't care what music you play. Some electronic music is nothing but square bass waves. Just because it might sound like distortion doesn't mean your transducers are in any way distorting themselves, they just play the signal that is presented to them. :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #7,528 of 7,982

No, you won't break the IEMs even if you listen to noise all day long, as long as you don't listen loud enough to blow the transducer, and you'd lose your hearing before that happens.

I think pure tone or square wave waveforms can potentially be damaging in certain situations and amplitudes, but the waveform is just a waveform, your IEM won't care what music you play. Some electronic music is nothing but square bass waves. Just because it might sound like distortion doesn't mean your transducers are in any way distorting themselves, they just play the signal that is presented to them. :)

Ooooh yeah ! As i understand, nothing (sound) can broke earphones !

Do you think they sound better than an AKG Q701 ?

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #7,529 of 7,982
For anyone interested as of today the gr07 classic and gr07be with detachable cables are in production, so hopefully soon they will be available for international customers. It seems that in China at release there will be a discount and these will cost 100 bucks, but don't know if any of the international sellers will provide such a discount or we will see prices in the $120-125 range as I expect

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #7,530 of 7,982
  For anyone interested as of today the gr07 classic and gr07be with detachable cables are in production, so hopefully soon they will be available for international customers. It seems that in China at release there will be a discount and these will cost 100 bucks, but don't know if any of the international sellers will provide such a discount or we will see prices in the $120-125 range as I expect

Thanks for these updates, they are appreciated.

I'm looking forward to Vsonic trying their hand on detachable cables again. Hopefully they've improved their initial attempts with the VSD series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back