VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #7,502 of 7,982
Hello

Is it necessary to have a dac to have a very good quality? Or most people use it directly on the PC / Phone and have a great audio quality?

Is there a great difference in listening with MP3 V0 and Flac with VSonic GR07?

I thought of taking them on "x" but I saw that some had the MK II, the MK II is the "bass edition"?

I can not find the MK II anywhere

What is the best choice between the bass edition and the normal edition?

Thank you

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #7,503 of 7,982
  Hello

Is it necessary to have a dac to have a very good quality? Or most people use it directly on the PC / Phone and have a great audio quality?

I thought of taking them on "x" but I saw that some had the MK II, the MK II is the "bass edition"?

Thank you

Hey there.

In my experience the Gr07 will get punchier with better amplification. But it sounds great from a Galaxy S3 or any phone with a decent dac/amp.

The difference in general between higher bitrate MP3 and FLAC isn't that big. You shouldn't have any problems regarding that I'd reckon.

The MK2 is an older version, currently 3 versions exist of the GR07: "New Classic Edition", "New Bass Edition" and GR07X.

Bass Edition is just a bit bassier, while Classic version is slightly less so. Either would probably suit you. If you know that you have a specific preference for the bass range in music, get the Bass. Otherwise the Classic tends to be a bit less expensive.

A good retailer I've used is LendMeUrEars in Singapore: 

http://www.lendmeurears.com/new-vsonic-gr07-classic/
http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsonic-gr07-bass-2017-edition/

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #7,504 of 7,982
Hey there.

In my experience the Gr07 will get punchier with better amplification. But it sounds great from a Galaxy S3 or any phone with a decent dac/amp.

The difference in general between higher bitrate MP3 and FLAC isn't that big. You shouldn't have any problems regarding that I'd reckon.

The MK2 is an older version, currently 3 versions exist of the GR07: "New Classic Edition", "New Bass Edition" and GR07X.

Bass Edition is just a bit bassier, while Classic version is slightly less so. Either would probably suit you. If you know that you have a specific preference for the bass range in music, get the Bass. Otherwise the Classic tends to be a bit less expensive.

Thank you for your answer

I don't listen techno or something like this,i love London Grammar vocals, Birdy...

For this use what is better ?

Thank you so much for the links

So without dac, VSonic GR07 are great ?
MP3 V0 Sound great on VSonic GR07 ?

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #7,505 of 7,982

Hey there.

Yes, GR07 with an good amplifier or dac/amp combo is much better than direct from smartphones

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #7,506 of 7,982
A decent DAC would certainly make a difference though to me, it is not night and day. Most importantly is amplification. Luckily, for Vsonic GR07 series, it is not difficult to drive. Therefore, like what others said here, your smartphone should be good enough.

Also, what is your listening habit? If you are using it on the go, you won't be critically noticing any difference.

Hello

Thank you

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #7,507 of 7,982
In my experience the DAC matters more than the amp and that's mainly because the GR07 is a pretty transparent iem. It doesn't need a lot of power to shine though, there was little difference between my Nexus 5 and my xonar -> magni combo. The Nexus had a relatively flat but weak output.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #7,508 of 7,982
  In my experience the DAC matters more than the amp and that's mainly because the GR07 is a pretty transparent iem. It doesn't need a lot of power to shine though, there was little difference between my Nexus 5 and my xonar -> magni combo. The Nexus had a relatively flat but weak output.

The Xonar DX ?

You got FLAC or MP3 on your Nexus ?

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #7,511 of 7,982
These are the new versions being released this month - VSD3Si (vsd3s with mic), VSD5Si (vsd5s with mic), NEW GR07BASS i (the new version of gr07be with mic), NEW GR07 BASS with detachable cable, NEW GR07 CLASSIC i (the new version of gr07 classic with mic), NEW GR07 CLASSIC with detachable cables. The new version of VSD2Si or the so-called NEW VSD2Si was released last month and the same goes for the already released NEW VSD1Si

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #7,512 of 7,982
These are the new versions being released this month - VSD3Si (vsd3s with mic), VSD5Si (vsd5s with mic), NEW GR07BASS i (the new version of gr07be with mic), NEW GR07 BASS with detachable cable, NEW GR07 CLASSIC i (the new version of gr07 classic with mic), NEW GR07 CLASSIC with detachable cables. The new version of VSD2Si or the so-called NEW VSD2Si was released last month and the same goes for the already released NEW VSD1Si

NEW GR07 BE and NEW GR07 CLASSIC are the ones Im waiting for......

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #7,515 of 7,982
This month,as kova says.......

Sorry, i want mean where

So the prices changes ?
confused_face_2.gif

VSonic GR07 BE is actually $107, new editions come $107 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back