VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #6,931 of 7,982
At first glance the olives look like they will never fit the GR07's but once you poke something into the cores and stretch them a bit, they do come on.  And they stay there!  (They don't get stuck in your ear when you take out the IEMs.)  Fantastic isolation.

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #6,932 of 7,982
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
  At first glance the olives look like they will never fit the GR07's but once you poke something into the cores and stretch them a bit, they do come on.  And they stay there!  (They don't get stuck in your ear when you take out the IEMs.)  Fantastic isolation.

Good to know it works!

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #6,933 of 7,982

oh man that'd be a nightmare. to take out your iem and the tip is stuck inside the ear canal O_O

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #6,935 of 7,982
I've been inactive for a couple years because I was satisfied with my GR07s, but now the left earbud is starting to give out. Definitely a cable issue. Has this been a problem for anyone? Is there any recourse? The price is now like half of what I originally paid so I won't be heartbroken if I have to buy a new pair, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #6,938 of 7,982
Does anyone else have this issue I am having with my maroon classic edition gr07: the ear guides are the most frustrating thing to use. They slide around and come off so easily and are so frustrating to use you just use them over the ear without any ear guides. I tried using electric tape and it worked but eventually the tape comes off...

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #6,939 of 7,982
Does anyone else have this issue I am having with my maroon classic edition gr07: the ear guides are the most frustrating thing to use. They slide around and come off so easily and are so frustrating to use you just use them over the ear without any ear guides. I tried using electric tape and it worked but eventually the tape comes off...

I just use the chin slider. Not a fan of the ear guides either.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #6,940 of 7,982
  I've been inactive for a couple years because I was satisfied with my GR07s, but now the left earbud is starting to give out. Definitely a cable issue. Has this been a problem for anyone? Is there any recourse? The price is now like half of what I originally paid so I won't be heartbroken if I have to buy a new pair, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

If you decide to pry them apart as others have suggested, I would be very careful in doing so. Working on a lot of Gr-07's, I've seen a lot of the drivers actually come apart (Ie. membrane pulling away from the magnet). So when you're pulling them apart, you should keep pressure on the back of the magnet, to make sure you don't toast your driver.

Just a few hints for the DIY'er.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #6,942 of 7,982

i don't use the earguides, I go commando with my gr07BE,

works fine and doesn't flop around!

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #6,943 of 7,982

If you decide to pry them apart as others have suggested, I would be very careful in doing so. Working on a lot of Gr-07's, I've seen a lot of the drivers actually come apart (Ie. membrane pulling away from the magnet). So when you're pulling them apart, you should keep pressure on the back of the magnet, to make sure you don't toast your driver.

Just a few hints for the DIY'er.

Yeah, I did that to a pair way back when... This is actually the second pair. What I ended up doing was pulling out the strain relief and resoldering where the break was without opening the casing. It's all nice and heat-shrinked, but now I'm trying how to replace the strain relief...

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #6,944 of 7,982
Rather ironically, after giving you the link and advise, the right side on mine is starting to go so looks like I'll be doing this as well! Not too surprised as mine are the originals and most of the cable is now green!
Planning on buying a pre made shure cable from eBay and using that as the replacement

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #6,945 of 7,982

agreed these guides  are terrible  the older ones were so much  better 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back