VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #6,886 of 7,982
Hi all,

I'd like to know which tips you're using with the GR07. I'm trying to find some comply foam tips but i don't know which one is compatible.
If you have any other proposal please let me know but keep in mind that i need a very good isolation level (using it in the subway)

May 20, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #6,887 of 7,982
  Hi all,

I'd like to know which tips you're using with the GR07. I'm trying to find some comply foam tips but i don't know which one is compatible.
If you have any other proposal please let me know but keep in mind that i need a very good isolation level (using it in the subway)

There's no exact model from Comply yet, so they (still) working on a model exclusively for GR07s.....other than that, I find RE400's bi-flanges does some justice in isolation dept....try brainwavz bi-flanges and meelec M6 'M' single flange if you cld....many also claim sony hybrids are good.

May 20, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #6,889 of 7,982
Due to design the GR07 won't have amazing isolation. Regardless of tip that I've tried the isolation is pretty average.

May 22, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6,890 of 7,982

You meant thru the (nano) vents? if so, how to drop the IPA w/o spilling around the vents outside (using syringe?)? Am I missing something here?...
edit=> or thru the nozzle grill?...

You misunderstand me. I mean cleaning the sockets with IPA..... Also I am saying about cleaner based on IPA, not pure isopropyl, so maybe I am wrong, cleaner: 10% rubber solvent petrol 90% Isopropyl.

Try IPA - India Pale Ale, not the other IPA 
beerchug.gif
.  Use internally (drink it!) next time you find a need to clean the sockets..

May 22, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #6,891 of 7,982
After listening to my GR07s again the other night I came to conclusion I simply cannot sell them. For the $120 AUD I was asking in ratio to thier sound and rarity (MK2) it's just not worth it. Only one of a few occasions I've decided something like this.

May 22, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #6,892 of 7,982

Try IPA - India Pale Ale, not the other IPA 
beerchug.gif
.  Use internally (drink it!) next time you find a need to clean the sockets..

Hope it cld be better than b***eiser....lol. btw,JD,Vo**a and Sc*** on the rocks are the reliable ones to clean my socket next day or if pitchers along with buffalo wings @ hooters
tongue_smile.gif
beerchug.gif

May 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #6,894 of 7,982
just for some constructive discussion but anyone try something similar to the gr07be but with a bit of a thicker sound? more bass and a thicker midrange?

still loving my pair so far, but as always I'm always on the look out. using the audio technica im70s, atm and while I love em for what they are, they aren't exactly or similar to the gr07be

May 25, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #6,895 of 7,982
  just for some constructive discussion but anyone try something similar to the gr07be but with a bit of a thicker sound? more bass and a thicker midrange?

still loving my pair so far, but as always I'm always on the look out. using the audio technica im70s, atm and while I love em for what they are, they aren't exactly or similar to the gr07be

CKR10? Maybe that's a bit over the student budget though. 
wink.gif

May 29, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #6,897 of 7,982
  What's currently the cheapest place to get some classic editions? 

Well, LMUE has it for $92.45 and the best place to order (as you know already).....or you might want to hunt on sparingly used/Like new ones on craigslist,ebay etc/or post in VSD2/VSD2S/AN16 thread to see if someone willing to sell theirs due to AN16's sound, to get more cheaper.......just my $.02.

Jun 7, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #6,900 of 7,982
I just realized I've never thought about wind noise with the GR07. I've been on long walks with them but never actively registered if they produce lots of noise or not.

EDIT: Also, for no reason in particular, another image of my GR07:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back