VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,856 of 7,982

That my friend, is for you to decide. 
smile.gif

I have burned in my GR07 for another 50 hours. I still believe that whatever harshness was there in the treble pretty much disappeared within the first two days of use. However, it seems that the resolution has gotten better. And I am getting used to the sound signature too. They are still a bit bright for my tastes, but I'm not so bothered now, especially when listening at moderate volumes. I may even be falling in love with the GR07!
Thanks for your advices, guys :)

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #6,859 of 7,982
  So I'm in the search of IEMs.

I have it narrowed down to these several IEMs but would like recommendations/advice!

VSonic GR07 || ~100 USD ebay
VSonic GR07BE || ~130 USD ebay
VSonic VSD5 || ~70 USD ebay
Hifiman RE-400 || ~80 USD amazon

Looking to just go for the VSD5s. I'm upgrading from an MEElectronics A151p because one side is dead. ~1.5 years old.

Thanks.

If you read my post directly above yours, you'll see my suggestion to avoid the VS series. The quality and reliability is just too low and there's a high risk of them failing quickly. I'd strongly suggest getting the GR07 if you want something that'll last 8-12 months at least, especially since the cost isn't that much higher. If you like bass then the BE is the way to go, but if you're considering the RE-400 then the standard GR07 has more bass than that anyway so you'll be happy with the $100 version.

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #6,860 of 7,982

If you read my post directly above yours, you'll see my suggestion to avoid the VS series. The quality and reliability is just too low and there's a high risk of them failing quickly. I'd strongly suggest getting the GR07 if you want something that'll last 8-12 months at least, especially since the cost isn't that much higher. If you like bass then the BE is the way to go, but if you're considering the RE-400 then the standard GR07 has more bass than that anyway so you'll be happy with the $100 version.

Oh wow ouch... I was looking for a pair of IEMs for daily use at work/on the go that would last at least a year. I don't necessarily beat up my IEMs, but for example like I said my MEElectronics A151p only lasted 1.5 years. The other side isn't 100% dead, but it plays at a lower volume and I pretty much only use the right side, which is annoying but eh.

I've heard from other people the these other IEMs are good.

DUNU Titan1 || ~100 USD
Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA || ~100 USD
T-Peos Altone200 || ~150 USD

the Altone200 is pushing it but how do those 3 compare to the VSD5, GR07 MkII?

I didn't know there were so many IEMs that are great within this price range. :\

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #6,861 of 7,982
Oh wow ouch... I was looking for a pair of IEMs for daily use at work/on the go that would last at least a year. I don't necessarily beat up my IEMs, but for example like I said my MEElectronics A151p only lasted 1.5 years. The other side isn't 100% dead, but it plays at a lower volume and I pretty much only use the right side, which is annoying but eh.

I've heard from other people the these other IEMs are good.

DUNU Titan1 || ~100 USD
Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA || ~100 USD
T-Peos Altone200 || ~150 USD

the Altone200 is pushing it but how do those 3 compare to the VSD5, GR07 MkII?

I didn't know there were so many IEMs that are great within this price range. :\

thats actually quite long for the a151p at least based on others comments

if you or anyone else is interested i have uploaded a first impression video comparing the vsd5 with the vsd3s( which is somewhat similar to the gr07's tuning) (both great options for those on a budget)

hope you enjoy it!

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12bvXt2bR4[/VIDEO]

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #6,862 of 7,982

Oh wow. How long did your VS series IEMs last?

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #6,863 of 7,982
Oh wow. How long did your VS series IEMs last?

question was not intended for me but, i've had my vsd3s since its release date (i think i was part of the first preorder for the red and green pair)

btw mines are the detachable versions as well.

still serving me well today, but i always tuck them away in their case after i'm finished using them. (i'm using the hard shell brainwavz red and black case to protect these guys)

and roll them up neatly as well, if that helps

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #6,864 of 7,982

A151p(2 nd gen ) is out and by reviews has improved on bass too.

A deal

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/meelectronics-a151-iem?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional%3A%20Drop%20Request%20Launched&mode=guest_open

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #6,865 of 7,982
Guys, 

I'm really disappointed in these headphones. They sound tin-like, thin and treble -y.  What am I doing wrong? Do I have a fake pair? My only source is Iphone, Itunes and Spotify. Seriously, my iphone earbuds sound better than these. I'm sad. these are the bass edition too and I hear almost no bass. Am I wearing them wrong? Do I need a smaller ear bud? What is the problem? Help. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #6,866 of 7,982
  Guys, 

I'm really disappointed in these headphones. The sound tin-like, thin and treble -y.  What am I doing wrong? Do I have a fake pair? My only source is Iphone, Itunes and Spotify. Seriously, my iphone earbuds sound better than these. I'm sad. Am I wearing them wrong? Do I need a smaller ear bud? What is the problem? Help. 

Please keep burn it.

After 150 hours, probably it can be the good things. And try to use FLAC songs. Please don't forget to fit it properly

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #6,867 of 7,982
  Please keep burn it.

After 150 hours, probably it can be the good things. And try to use FLAC songs. Please don't forget to fit it properly

Burn in isn't going to change the overall sound like that. You either have a bad seal or you need time to adjust to the sound. Are you using any EQ? That could be a problem also. It could also be you just don't like bright and detailed headphones. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #6,869 of 7,982
  Zap, I find that if I press them in harder into my ear, they sound a lot better. Is this the issue you're talking about? What can I use to EQ from my iphone? Thanks

Sounds like more of a fit issue than anything else. Keep trying some different tips till you get a more satisfying sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back