VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #6,287 of 7,982
  Had my Classic for 2.5 months and a few days ago I got a maroon Classic as complement/backup. Slightly different tone, most likely due to production variation, but they might change slightly from break in. However they were less sibilant out of the box than my 400+ hrs 1st pair.

That picture BTW is literally the earphones on a dinner plate in front of a window. Fancy stuff. :)

that might just be due to brain burn in proving that burn in(of earphones) is just a myth.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #6,288 of 7,982
Unfortunately after only 1.5 years my right earbud has gone dead. Sad cause I really liked my GR07's and I babied them. I've contacted VSONIC about two weeks ago and again several days ago but no reply.

Anyone have any luck with getting VSONIC to reply about replacing my broken GR07? Build quality was very misleading, I thought these things would last much longer :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #6,289 of 7,982
  Unfortunately after only 1.5 years my right earbud has gone dead. Sad cause I really liked my GR07's and I babied them. I've contacted VSONIC about two weeks ago and again several days ago but no reply.

Anyone have any luck with getting VSONIC to reply about replacing my broken GR07? Build quality was very misleading, I thought these things would last much longer :frowning2:

warranty is only for 1 year so u are just wasting ur time buddy

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #6,290 of 7,982
Please share with us the tone difference in your new GR07 Classic that you just received. I'm also thinking of getting a backup pair so I'll keep this in mind. Hope the tone difference will disappear after burn in

Somehow I missed your post.

Not too big differences. The new pair seems about 1 dB or so louder (relatively) in the 20Hz - 1 KHz and around the mid area. And the 6.5KHz peak is slightly less prominent, maybe 1 dB or so.

They are still textured pretty much identically, just a slight difference in frequency response. Drivers are very well matched aswell with virtually no left/right differences across the spectrum.

Also this is only relative to my pair, your pair might be slightly different from both my pairs.

They both sound fantastic. I really cannot get enough of the texture and liveliness of the GR07.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #6,291 of 7,982

Not too big differences. The new pair seems about 1 dB or so louder (relatively) in the 20Hz - 1 KHz and around the mid area. And the 6.5KHz peak is slightly less prominent, maybe 1 dB or so.

They are still textured pretty much identically, just a slight difference in frequency response. Drivers are very well matched aswell with virtually no left/right differences across the spectrum.

Also this is only relative to my pair, your pair might be slightly different from both my pairs.

They both sound fantastic. I really cannot get enough of the texture and liveliness of the GR07.

oh man...........these are awesome for drums and timbre,,,,fantastic i would say.
if only isolation was any better,,,,damn

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #6,292 of 7,982

oh man...........these are awesome for drums and timbre,,,,fantastic i would say.
if only isolation was any better,,,,damn

For some situations I can see a bit more isolation being nice. Honestly I love the open feel of them. I cannot really stand longer periods with isolating IEMs, they feel so shut off and sometimes create a sucking vacuum feel. Plus the open sound the GR07s get really makes sure the dynamics aren't held back, and the bass sounds unrestricted and not "stuffy" as if air is trapped and woofing between your eardrum and the IEM.

And yeah, their drum and guitar presentation is incredible. They have this frissy quality to them that is colored-sounding, but what a sound.

This album sounds incredibly textured on the GR07: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juAxlXSvA5A

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #6,293 of 7,982

For some situations I can see a bit more isolation being nice. Honestly I love the open feel of them. I cannot really stand longer periods with isolating IEMs, they feel so shut off and sometimes create a sucking vacuum feel. Plus the open sound the GR07s get really makes sure the dynamics aren't held back, and the bass sounds unrestricted and not "stuffy" as if air is trapped and woofing between your eardrum and the IEM.

And yeah, their drum and guitar presentation is incredible. They have this frissy quality to them that is colored-sounding, but what a sound.

This album sounds incredibly textured on the GR07: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juAxlXSvA5A

i know u may probably hate the song but just hear the drums in this..........damn

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #6,294 of 7,982

on the isolation i think it depends,,,,if u have to travel or go to noisy places then isolation is a must,its the only reason i keep the monster pro.
otherwise i would have sold them long back,if not for good number of tips and incredible isolation

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #6,296 of 7,982

Thanks for the info Airlight, looks like nothing much has changed which is good news. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #6,297 of 7,982

i know u may probably hate the song but just hear the drums in this..........damn

I remember this album sounding pretty amazing on GR07 MK2. 

(free) Get it in FLAC: http://kalyascintilla.bandcamp.com/album/dance-the-spiral-never-ending-2

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #6,298 of 7,982

I remember this album sounding pretty amazing on GR07 MK2. 

(free) Get it in FLAC: http://kalyascintilla.bandcamp.com/album/dance-the-spiral-never-ending-2

That album is so well recorded and mastered (for a modern day recording that is, we are not talking 'Dark Side Of The Moon' well mastered), it would sound good on a Heinz beans tin to be fair 
biggrin.gif

It sounds really, really good in FLAC from the right source DAP/DAC and with the GR07. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #6,299 of 7,982

That album is so well recorded and mastered (for a modern day recording that is, we are not talking 'Dark Side Of The Moon' well mastered), it would sound good on a Heinz beans tin to be fair 
biggrin.gif

It sounds really, really good in FLAC from the right source DAP/DAC and with the GR07. 

this album is the pinnacle of progressive rock,,,,beats even dark side of the moon which is a feat in itself.

although my favourite progressive is this one.....one hell of a live performance it is

Jul 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #6,300 of 7,982
I've got one for you guys: Danger Mouse - Rome. That is my test album for technical proficiency. Its basically perfect.

Love Kalya Scintilla. You guys should check out Bluetech, he does a really goOd remix of a KS track and his album Rainforest Reverberations has excellent production values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back