VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #6,166 of 7,982
Can I use instrumental/classical music to burn in? Or is there something about vocals that make vocals essential for burn in?

What about this "pink noise" stuff?

I just read this in the sound science forum...this is the best music to us for burn in:

Mar 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #6,167 of 7,982
Well, there's a marked improvement after just ~24 hours of burn in with my normal music at the highest volume that I would consider listening to.

Sounds come through clearer. Highs are not as scratchy, though they do get suppressed by the mids. I hope the highs improve as I continue burning this in for the rest of the week. The headphones now sound a bit better than my S4i's, with more bass, but less pronounced highs.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #6,168 of 7,982
trust me buddy.after 100 hours burn in u will be willing to give ur s4 to anyone for free,no offence.

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #6,169 of 7,982
trust me buddy.after 100 hours burn in u will be willing to give ur s4 to anyone for free,no offence.

i agreee i had the same experience (had the s4, listened to the gr07be) sold my s4 immediately there was no contest.

the s4 is way over hyped

the treble is lacking control and is a lot more siblant> gr07 which is mildly so, i don't even notice it now that i'm accustomed to the sound.

the mids are more natural 

the bass is leagues leagues ahead, its not overwhelming while still punchy but very clean and superb sub bass depth

the soundstage is amazing its soo wide for an iem i feel like i'm listening to a large closed back headphone

plus its higher impedence so its you theres less variation in volume (theres smaller gaps in volume) and also that means its less variable between devices

the only thing the s4 is better is isolation because its a completely sealed design

comfort i think both are great (s4 maybe a bit better because of the oval tips and the angled nozzle) but the gr07 has a adjustable nozzle 

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #6,170 of 7,982
I think my bass edition is dying. It makes a crackling/windy sound in the right ear and loses sound a little bit. From what I've read, it's called "driver flex." Weird thing is... since this started happening over the past couple days, it seems like I can hear the instrument separation better (maybe it's in my head). I'm in the warranty period, so I am exchanging them, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them separating the instruments better since they began "breaking."

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #6,171 of 7,982
I think my bass edition is dying. It makes a crackling/windy sound in the right ear and loses sound a little bit. From what I've read, it's called "driver flex." Weird thing is... since this started happening over the past couple days, it seems like I can hear the instrument separation better (maybe it's in my head). I'm in the warranty period, so I am exchanging them, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them separating the instruments better since they began "breaking."

Im no expert but from what ive been reading, and personal exp. there should be no driver flex on the gr07. But if it makes u feel better, if i were in your position, i would take advantage of that warranty. These gr07 are discontinued now and better off getting a fresh pair while they still have it than have it die out a month or shortly after the warranty is up.

Just my two cents, i love the gr07 sound sig too much to let it slip through my fingers. Muahha

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #6,172 of 7,982
Good morning (Dutch time) music friends,

Allthough in a thread in which probably everything worth mentioning about VSonic's GR07 has been in the spotlight,
I still feel the urge of adding something in my first post in this great forum.
Hoping you will forgive me but it's kind of my way of dealing with a very big personal disappointment.....

Here I find myself sitting, my last week received VSonic GR07 Classic's in my ears, their first 50 hours past.
They present my preferred music in about every aspect the way I anticipated after reading many posts about them.

Bass: very well controlled, not overwhelming
Mids: very present, not prominent, easy to absorb
Highs: everything there, not sibillant, relaxing
Speed: nice attack, very to the point, very precise
3D: not so great so far (may become better with more hours)
Overall: neutral, everything is there, exeptional  for their price

I was secretly hoping that these baby's would help me to end my journey in finding my optimum earphones and
actually they almost do, so what more could I possibly whish for?

Well.............

They don't move me.
I don't feel like dancing, humming, not even tap a foot.
They present everything in a very well controlled, polite way, but to me no soul......

Well, of course one can't judge all aspects before actually hearing new purchases (if any) but when it appears
to be just that last touch which is missing personally for me, it's kind of disappointing
rolleyes.gif

Ah well, back to the GR10's and apparently the game is still on
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #6,173 of 7,982
Looking at the GR07 as another complement to my 2 other IEMs. Seems to get really great reviews!

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #6,174 of 7,982
If classics has bio-cellulose drivers as well,then why its cheaper to its elder brothers?so the color shells are cheaper to source? And that classics are same in every aspects they why manufacture BE and original versions AGAIN? :D

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #6,175 of 7,982
Economies of scale? They mght have streamlined their production process and able to do the same thing for cheaper. Regardless of it, LMUE has confirmed that the classics used the same bio-cellulose drivers so there is nothing to argue about here.

As for the Bass edition, it is a slightly different signature compared to the original and apparently there are a lot of people in China asking for the BE to be put back into production, so there they are. A lot of the drama behind the GR07 exist on Weibo (China's twitter) and Vsonic's CEO responds to them via Weibo too.

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #6,176 of 7,982
LMUE has confirmed that the classics used the same bio-cellulose drivers so there is nothing to argue about here.

Just in case anyone is wondering about the reference, here it is: [Facebook link]

[quote="LMUE]
Hi everyone, we have a few announcements to make regarding the GR07 Classic.

1) We have the silver back in stock but the maroon is still out of stock as the maroon colour is more difficult to manufacture.

2) There has been rumours on head-fi forum that the GR07 classic no longer uses the same kind of drivers as the previous generations of GR07. We would like clarify that this is WRONG. The GR07 classic continues to use the same kind of bio cellulose driver as the previous iterations.

The Vsonic CEO had clarified that on his weibo (China's version of twitter)

You can see the actual post here: http://www.weibo.com/p/1005051758406167/weibo?profile_ftype=1&is_ori=1#1395572749936

The actual content states: 最近国外论坛议论纷纷说GR07 CLASSIC的单元并非是旧款GR07的单元。在此澄清,GR07 CLASSIC的单元确实是使用旧款GR07的单元。请大家放心

Which roughly translates to: Recently, there had been rumours in overseas forums which suggests that the GR07 Classic do not use the same bio cellulose drivers as the older generations of GR07. I would like to clarify that the GR07 Classic uses the old GR07 bio cellulose drivers. Please be reassured.

So yes guys, the rumour has been dispelled so do grab one now!

http://goo.gl/UX03d3
[/quote]

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #6,178 of 7,982
There are not so many tips in the box of classic version it is one of the points why it is cheaper.

Yeah we all know that....but there is a $60 price difference between original GR07/BE($179) and classic($119)...so that extra hybrid tips cost that difference? Im referring to launch price of classic and lastly sold price of gr07/be, not any discounts offered on their street price in the past or current.

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #6,179 of 7,982
Yeah we all know that....but there is a $60 price difference between original GR07/BE($179) and classic($119)...so that extra hybrid tips cost that difference? Im referring to launch price of classic and lastly sold price of gr07/be, not any discounts offered on their street price in the past or current.

When we are talking about earphones they are always cheap to produce (just in the aspect of production, not the whole cycle including research, etc). So when you earn enough money to cover the cost of reseach you can reduce the price, sorry for some economic truisms. I don't think Vsonic is doing something extraordinary, it is just a question of pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back