VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #6,076 of 7,982
  Hello all,
I ordered my pair GR07 bass edition on Jan 13th and got a email from lendmeurears on Jan 15th, saying it's shipped already. I still haven't got anything until today, it might be the weather but it's taking way TOO long. Did anybody ordered from lendmeurears around same time got their pairs. I'm starting to worried. BTW, I'm in Philly.

Mine took a little more than 2 weeks to get them, but it was around October 2013. 
I don't think you need to worry.

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #6,078 of 7,982
Just wanted to say I did manage to stretch the phonak comply tips onto my vsonics. Took a bit of wiggling to get them started but after that it wasn't that bad sliding the rest of the way. Maybe I'll need to cut them off when they're done
biggrin.gif
. The comply foam is much softer and doesn't expand as quick, so they fit me much better. Don't seem quite as bassy either.
Still no word on why I never got any hybrids tho.....
Cheers

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #6,079 of 7,982
I bought a Fiio E11 to amp up my GR07 BE yesterday and it's now even better than before! I am finally getting my bass needs! Btw, for anyone who is also using E11, are you using the high or low "gain"?

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #6,080 of 7,982

If you can hunt down a set of Sony MH1c, their stock tips are the best I've used on the GR07.

Oooh, those look perfect! Don't really wanna spend $60 on tips though. :frowning2:

I bought a Fiio E11 to amp up my GR07 BE yesterday and it's now even better than before! I am finally getting my bass needs! Btw, for anyone who is also using E11, are you using the high or low "gain"?

What were you using to drive them before? They sound fine out of my Galaxy Note 2?

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #6,081 of 7,982

Oooh, those look perfect! Don't really wanna spend $60 on tips though. :frowning2:

You can actually get the same tips with the MH1 which can still be had on Amazon for $20 (you get two complete sets in different colors) - only issue is the IEM is made for Sony Ericson phones so you have to depress the 'call' button on the remote to use them.  Alternatively, I have an extra complete set of tips if you're interested...just shoot me a PM 
redface.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #6,084 of 7,982
My denko/Arbified GR07

[url=http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/rpc_herrera/xperia%20z1/DSC_0313_zpskqoztvze.JPG%5B/img]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/rpc_herrera/xperia%20z1/DSC_0313_zpskqoztvze.JPG[/img[/url]]

[img][url=http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/rpc_herrera/xperia%20z1/1390197090916_zps4pyvhryi.jpg%5B/img]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/rpc_herrera/xperia%20z1/1390197090916_zps4pyvhryi.jpg[/img[/url]]
[/quote]

Nice looking cable..who did it,btg? Btw you waited almost a year and half to post ur very first posting with nice pix......:D

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #6,086 of 7,982
Does anyone here have experience with the Phonak Audeo 112's?  How would you compare them to the GR07's?  I've been looking to buy another pair of earphones, but I don't know if these are an upgrade or a sidegrade.  Opinions, please! 

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #6,087 of 7,982
  Finally got mine after almost 3 weeks of waiting.
Looks great but build quality is non-existing!

Happy you got it.
What do you mean by build quality is non existing?
It might not have metal parts but I think its really well thought HP, the swiveling nozzle is genius IMO, 
the cable quality is really good soft flexible, non microphonic almost tangle free, the red candy strips might not be that good looking but its growing on you after a while...
The form factor is awesome you can sleep with it (for me  its a really important feature in IEMs).

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #6,088 of 7,982
  Happy you got it.
What do you mean by build quality is non existing?
It might not have metal parts but I think its really well thought HP, the swiveling nozzle is genius IMO, 
the cable quality is really good soft flexible, non microphonic almost tangle free, the red candy strips might not be that good looking but its growing on you after a while...
The form factor is awesome you can sleep with it (for me  its a really important feature in IEMs).

wow i wouldn't actually sleep on them tbh, they are too valuable for me to sleep with (being discontinued an all)

but yes i agree the build is really good for the price! and the sound is incredible, i'm actually a fan of the candy strips, but i actually dun like the shade of the colours, it needs to be brighter and if the other colour is white (it would look like the bose earphones, which the cable looks really nice and iconic)

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #6,089 of 7,982
  Does anyone here have experience with the Phonak Audeo 112's?  How would you compare them to the GR07's?  I've been looking to buy another pair of earphones, but I don't know if these are an upgrade or a sidegrade.  Opinions, please! 

Got the pfe111s. Same thing no controls. It is freakishly comfy, but lacks some of the bass authority of the 07s (just got a pair of BEs last week). The phonak does have decent enough extension, but doesn't quite match the vsonics (probably an inherent characteristic of BA phones). The phonaks do have a much smoother high end though. My vsonics do have a sibilance issue and can be a little "ringy" in the high freqs, which is almost non exisistant in the PFEs). Overall I'd say both are good phones, and if I had to choose between the 2, I'd pick the Phonaks by a slight margin - but I've only had the 07BEs for a week so that opinion could change (plus I also have a pair of grado 125s which can fill my bass jonesing if need be).
Cheers. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #6,090 of 7,982
  Got the pfe111s. Same thing no controls. It is freakishly comfy, but lacks some of the bass authority of the 07s (just got a pair of BEs last week). The phonak does have decent enough extension, but doesn't quite match the vsonics (probably an inherent characteristic of BA phones). The phonaks do have a much smoother high end though. My vsonics do have a sibilance issue and can be a little "ringy" in the high freqs, which is almost non exisistant in the PFEs). Overall I'd say both are good phones, and if I had to choose between the 2, I'd pick the Phonaks by a slight margin - but I've only had the 07BEs for a week so that opinion could change (plus I also have a pair of grado 125s which can fill my bass jonesing if need be).
Cheers. 

stupid question since your a phonak user,

can you clean those filters? cause phonaks going out of the headphone business and i was thinking of stocking up on the filters when buying the pfe111s but (obviously the filters will run out) and i would like to know if its possible to clean it (and maybe how) 

however i'll probably get something else eventually but still something to know i love the gr07be and hope they'll be around with me for a while. but that smooth high end and the interesting filter tech is really intriguing me 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back