VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #6,061 of 7,982
  after playing with some tips again i found that putting these 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread/6045#post_10181285

they look like fake sony hybrids (they have a wider opening) good to try on their own too. i got them even cheaper, they had an auction and i got for like 50 cents including shipping but even at 3 dollars its cheap to try! you can for other iems (its hard to find wider opening tips, i find)

i had put the REAL sony hybrids over these fake (wider sony hybrids) like in a previous picture i uploaded (probably the most recent one) because the real sony hybrids have a smaller opening it can fit easily over it.

now its a great in between the sky blue gr07 tip, and the purple gr07 tip. the size difference between these two is too large 

now these tips won't come off my gr07 (i won't have to worry about losing it) 

these seal even better than my previous mod ( the last one had a tendency to push out a bit after a while) one of my ears especially.

these seal perfectly! i have never found a tip for the gr07be that seal as well as this new mod. they sit perfectly in my ear and they never push out now.

the bass is even tighter now, the subbass comes through really clearly now! without the mid bass getting in the way now (i have the be edition)

im discovering new bass lines in my music again! 

the separation (between vocals instruments) is better too because of the better seal

i will now be go through my entire music library! hope my link helped! i figured most people have the sony hybrid tips already!

i don't think i can find a better tip, i highly recommend it! if i get a mk2 or another gr07 in the future this is my size!!

Could you please put up pictures again :p I want to try it out as well since I have just received my GR07s !!!!!

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #6,062 of 7,982
Just received my GR-07 MK2.  Pretty impressed.  I wasn't blown away though.  It could use a little more extension on the upper end.  Sibilance is not really there when using the foam tips.  I also find these a bit bass tipped but the presentation of the bass is enveloping and quite satisfying.  The mids feel a bit recessed but smooth and a bit fun.  I actually enjoy my vc-02 more in this aspect as its more clinical which I like.  I am more so impressed with the overall smoothness and effortless delivery.  Imaging is really good.  I don't own very many iem's but this has the best soundstage out of my collection.  I might try out brainwave b2's to satisfy my treble cravings.  I'm used to brighter and leaner full size headphones like AKG Q701 and DT-880 so I think those will also be really enjoyable. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #6,063 of 7,982
  Could you please put up pictures again :p I want to try it out as well since I have just received my GR07s !!!!!

sure i can upload some new pictures here, the rest you can check out in the gallery for this thread which is on the ---> you'lll see it under" recent images in this thread"

here are the older ones where i used the hifiman tips (they still work as a backup for me but i prefer the ones above (same logic you put the sony hybrid into the tips with the wider bore)
 plus the mod i used above is cheaper you use fake sony hybrid tips (so if you lose an eartip you can easily remake it, cause sony hybrids are easy to find, buy tyhe cheap 10$ sony mdrex 10 i think their called)

here is the link where i got the fake sony hybrids ( plus this also hold the eartips on the nozzle better/tighter so its less likely i will lose it)

oh wow is gone... well here is what it looks like, if you guys can find it again, i got it off ebay, but ideally it works with any wider bore tip

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #6,066 of 7,982
  sure i can upload some new pictures here, the rest you can check out in the gallery for this thread which is on the ---> you'lll see it under" recent images in this thread"

here are the older ones where i used the hifiman tips (they still work as a backup for me but i prefer the ones above (same logic you put the sony hybrid into the tips with the wider bore)
 plus the mod i used above is cheaper you use fake sony hybrid tips (so if you lose an eartip you can easily remake it, cause sony hybrids are easy to find, buy tyhe cheap 10$ sony mdrex 10 i think their called)

here is the link where i got the fake sony hybrids ( plus this also hold the eartips on the nozzle better/tighter so its less likely i will lose it)

oh wow is gone... well here is what it looks like, if you guys can find it again, i got it off ebay, but ideally it works with any wider bore tip

Thanks again for taking your time! It is greatly appreciated. I am currently trying a very similar setup, even though I don't have these fake hybrids, I did manage to combine another pair of tips with the real hybrids. The sealing is amazingly improved. The burn-in process is currently around 40 hours, but I reckon that it will take another 60 somewhat hours to get the "best quality" sound out of these IEMs? Lastly, would anyone recommend AMP with these IEMs? I am currently using it with my clip+.

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #6,067 of 7,982
Hey all. I just got a pair of GR07BE (on sale $139 cdn), and have a couple of questions. First of all, how the heck are you supposed to do the security check on vsonic.com? Google translate just confused me more. Which numbers are you supposed to enter?. Question the 2nd...My phones didn't include any of the hybrid type tips. Did Vsonic stop including them, or did I just get screwed? I'm still waiting for a response from the guys I bought them from (local Cdn retailer so I'm sure they're not ripping me off). I understand Vsonic was having some issues with Sony, and that's why the GR07BE is getting discontinued -maybe that's why no tips.
All else considered things sound good. I do find the large silicone tips from my PFE111s fit me much better than the the ones supplied by Vsonic. Still haven't tried the comply (are they actually Comply or just a knock-off) tips yet, but from my experience with the Phonaks they'll probably be my preferred ones.
Any advice on how to best adjust the nozzles? They're to stiff to move round after I get them in my ears, and trial and error is proving to take longer that I'd hope.
Sorry if the questions have been asked and answered already, but the thread is 400+pages and I'm just too damn lazy to use the search fuction
biggrin.gif
Cheers.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #6,068 of 7,982
  Thanks again for taking your time! It is greatly appreciated. I am currently trying a very similar setup, even though I don't have these fake hybrids, I did manage to combine another pair of tips with the real hybrids. The sealing is amazingly improved. The burn-in process is currently around 40 hours, but I reckon that it will take another 60 somewhat hours to get the "best quality" sound out of these IEMs? Lastly, would anyone recommend AMP with these IEMs? I am currently using it with my clip+.

to be honest i have no idea, i got my gr07 be used, i dunno how much they were listened to. But tbh all of the tips were new, just maybe 2 looked or felt "slicker" (from oils and earwax) gross i know but w/e

but i loved them the second i first used them, they are amazing. so glad i took a chance (especially for a used pair for 100$)

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #6,069 of 7,982
  Hey all. I just got a pair of GR07BE (on sale $139 cdn), and have a couple of questions. First of all, how the heck are you supposed to do the security check on vsonic.com? Google translate just confused me more. Which numbers are you supposed to enter?. Question the 2nd...My phones didn't include any of the hybrid type tips. Did Vsonic stop including them, or did I just get screwed? I'm still waiting for a response from the guys I bought them from (local Cdn retailer so I'm sure they're not ripping me off). I understand Vsonic was having some issues with Sony, and that's why the GR07BE is getting discontinued -maybe that's why no tips.
All else considered things sound good. I do find the large silicone tips from my PFE111s fit me much better than the the ones supplied by Vsonic. Still haven't tried the comply (are they actually Comply or just a knock-off) tips yet, but from my experience with the Phonaks they'll probably be my preferred ones.
Any advice on how to best adjust the nozzles? They're to stiff to move round after I get them in my ears, and trial and error is proving to take longer that I'd hope.
Sorry if the questions have been asked and answered already, but the thread is 400+pages and I'm just too damn lazy to use the search fuction
biggrin.gif
Cheers.

mines is still a bit stiff after at least 100+ hours plus whatever the person before me used it for.

i use the nozzle with it sticking straight forward but thats just me ofc your ears are not my ears =) but it takes playing around but its so worth it once you find the sweetspot.

plus don't assume both ears are the same, my left is slightly pointing upwards 

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #6,070 of 7,982

mines is still a bit stiff after at least 100+ hours plus whatever the person before me used it for.

i use the nozzle with it sticking straight forward but thats just me ofc your ears are not my ears =) but it takes playing around but its so worth it once you find the sweetspot.

plus don't assume both ears are the same, my left is slightly pointing upwards 

My nozzles weren't all that stiff <insert joke here>
wink.gif
. I know some people have said they're quite difficult to move, but on mine they aren't that bad. It would be easiest if I could just put em on & then just wiggle round to get the fit, but with the length/compliance of the tips that's just not possible. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Oddly enough I'm having the most problems with the left ear. All my other phones it's my right that give fit issues.

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #6,071 of 7,982
Tip hALLLLP!!!!

Comply did something w/ their Ts-500 and now it not only does it fall off the nozzle, but the bass is ridiculous. I ordered some Sony Hybrid's off Sony's site and those have also changed. I used the Hybrids a couple years back, but lost them. The new Hybrids are all too small for my ears.

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #6,072 of 7,982
  Tip hALLLLP!!!!

Comply did something w/ their Ts-500 and now it not only does it fall off the nozzle, but the bass is ridiculous. I ordered some Sony Hybrid's off Sony's site and those have also changed. I used the Hybrids a couple years back, but lost them. The new Hybrids are all too small for my ears.

If you can hunt down a set of Sony MH1c, their stock tips are the best I've used on the GR07.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #6,073 of 7,982
After 2.5 years of daily abuse, my GR07 is now starting to intermittently cut off.

....and by "daily abuse", I'm talking about getting plugged on and off my iPhone around 10-12 times per day during the work days. If I'm not using it, it's just balled up in my jacket pocket.

Unless something else catches my attention, time for GR07 Bass Edition
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #6,074 of 7,982
  After 2.5 years of daily abuse, my GR07 is now starting to intermittently cut off.

....and by "daily abuse", I'm talking about getting plugged on and off my iPhone around 10-12 times per day during the work days. If I'm not using it, it's just balled up in my jacket pocket.

Unless something else catches my attention, time for GR07 Bass Edition
biggrin.gif

keep them!! vsonic is discontinuing the biocellose drivers!! 

maybe one day down the road recable them! thats my plan if the my be edition dies =) 

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #6,075 of 7,982
Hello all,
I ordered my pair GR07 bass edition on Jan 13th and got a email from lendmeurears on Jan 15th, saying it's shipped already. I still haven't got anything until today, it might be the weather but it's taking way TOO long. Did anybody ordered from lendmeurears around same time got their pairs. I'm starting to worried. BTW, I'm in Philly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back