VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #6,046 of 7,982
  wow that makes me very glad i grabbed the be edition! 

my gr07 are the very last generation of biocellulose drivers from vsonic =) for once an impulse buy paid off! who knew

Same here! It was really odd why the classic versions would be this much cheaper. I'm glad I went for the BE as well!

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #6,048 of 7,982
Same here! It was really odd why the classic versions would be this much cheaper. I'm glad I went for the BE as well!

If say the classic edition replaces the mk2, there doesnt seem to be news about the be edition revision!

If they(rhe classic and the mk2 ) sound the same ill buy it down the road, seems like theres plenty of time for that. But for now, the be is the last of its kind. Makes me appreciate it more :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #6,050 of 7,982
They took down the post but I believe it was quoted here on head-fi, don't have the time to find it. It's not using bio-cellulose but for all we know, the new material could be just as good, I can't answer that as I can't compare the two, nor have I seen objective data comparing the two.

seriously ppl

is there no millionare among us who could buy the two just for comparisons sake and clear the air??

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #6,051 of 7,982
It's been agreed on as it's definitive, the classic version isn't bio-cellulose.

Now hearing the two and seeing if they're much different is a whole another thing

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #6,056 of 7,982
I also want someone to compare the Classic with their mk.I/mk.II; wish I could be the one to bite and get a Classic to compare with my mk.I, but I don't need another IEM. 
rolleyes.gif

popcorn.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #6,057 of 7,982
Off topic and probably been asked, really frustrated right now I lost one of the stock olive type tips with my Gr07 mkII, I have tried all other tips in the package and none of them work out at all, I have a long ear canal and most of the other tips are too short and I lose seal once I push them in, the foam tips inner plastic's scratch and hurt my ear when trying to seat them, I purchased a set of sony hybrids and they finally got here today those felt like the same things that came packaged with my Gr07's, the closest thing that works is the blue hybrids without foam, they are too fat and painful though, the hybrid greens fit great but once I seat them down in my canal my seal is fudged and my bass is gone.... I have not used these for near a month and they are just a constant source of frustration I don't know what I should do.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #6,058 of 7,982
  Off topic and probably been asked, really frustrated right now I lost one of the stock olive type tips with my Gr07 mkII, I have tried all other tips in the package and none of them work out at all, I have a long ear canal and most of the other tips are too short and I lose seal once I push them in, the foam tips inner plastic's scratch and hurt my ear when trying to seat them, I purchased a set of sony hybrids and they finally got here today those felt like the same things that came packaged with my Gr07's, the closest thing that works is the blue hybrids without foam, they are too fat and painful though, the hybrid greens fit great but once I seat them down in my canal my seal is fudged and my bass is gone.... I have not used these for near a month and they are just a constant source of frustration I don't know what I should do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-In-ear-Noise-isolating-Soft-Comfort-Eartips-for-Inner-ear-Earphones-/380648340463?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item58a068bbef

I've purchased these from this seller, and they are exactly the same as the all black tips that come with the GR07.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #6,059 of 7,982

I was wondering if by olives you mean the foam grey ones,

to be totally honest foam doesn't last you very long, i think you would have probably have to find an alternative soon anyway. have you tried the orange (small) sony hybrids?
i find the orange is a bit smaller than the bigger than the green (gr07 hybrids) but smaller than the sky blue/baby blue. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #6,060 of 7,982
after playing with some tips again i found that putting these 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread/6045#post_10181285

they look like fake sony hybrids (they have a wider opening) good to try on their own too. i got them even cheaper, they had an auction and i got for like 50 cents including shipping but even at 3 dollars its cheap to try! you can for other iems (its hard to find wider opening tips, i find)

i had put the REAL sony hybrids over these fake (wider sony hybrids) like in a previous picture i uploaded (probably the most recent one) because the real sony hybrids have a smaller opening it can fit easily over it.

now its a great in between the sky blue gr07 tip, and the purple gr07 tip. the size difference between these two is too large 

now these tips won't come off my gr07 (i won't have to worry about losing it) 

these seal even better than my previous mod ( the last one had a tendency to push out a bit after a while) one of my ears especially.

these seal perfectly! i have never found a tip for the gr07be that seal as well as this new mod. they sit perfectly in my ear and they never push out now.

the bass is even tighter now, the subbass comes through really clearly now! without the mid bass getting in the way now (i have the be edition)

im discovering new bass lines in my music again! 

the separation (between vocals instruments) is better too because of the better seal

i will now be go through my entire music library! hope my link helped! i figured most people have the sony hybrid tips already!

i don't think i can find a better tip, i highly recommend it! if i get a mk2 or another gr07 in the future this is my size!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back