VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #5,881 of 7,982
update

after 60 hours burn in---------------sibilance is 99% gone,trebles have almost completely mellowed and bass is soo soooooooooo good!!!  my brainwavz m3 had a tiny soundstage compared to these monsters

sibilance is noticed in only 1 out of 20 tracks and i think it will be gone by the time i hit another 10 hours
wink_face.gif

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #5,882 of 7,982

it actually bothers me that even some youtube reviewers make statements like "they don't isolate that well, but if you bump up the volume, you won't hear anything outside anyway" no duh, but you wreck you hearing..... there needs to be some advertisements for hearing loss 

The masses...mostly stupid...and very soon, deaf.   
blink.gif

Gotta love them.

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #5,884 of 7,982
  update

after 60 hours burn in---------------sibilance is 99% gone,trebles have almost completely mellowed and bass is soo soooooooooo good!!!  my brainwavz m3 had a tiny soundstage compared to these monsters

sibilance is noticed in only 1 out of 20 tracks and i think it will be gone by the time i hit another 10 hours
wink_face.gif

i'm not so sure, i have my gr07 be for about a month now they were used before i'm not sure how long they were used prior but i probably logged about 50-100 hours or so. but i still notice the siblance in the treble.

its very minor imo doesn't detract me from enjoying it much, but compare to the more smoother and delicate treble of the re400. its very audible.

i'm beginning to learn to adapt to it, the rest of the sound is fantastic from the bass to the mids even right after the siblant peak there, the rest of the treble extension is fantastic, and the soundstage and the the sheer speed and clarity is very impressive

of course i may need to burn them in a bit more just to be sure, ( but i'll probably just listen to them normally) and report my findings if they change.

but imo this iem is the complete package

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #5,885 of 7,982
  i'm not so sure, i have my gr07 be for about a month now they were used before i'm not sure how long they were used prior but i probably logged about 50-100 hours or so. but i still notice the siblance in the treble.

its very minor imo doesn't detract me from enjoying it much, but compare to the more smoother and delicate treble of the re400. its very audible.

i'm beginning to learn to adapt to it, the rest of the sound is fantastic from the bass to the mids even right after the siblant peak there, the rest of the treble extension is fantastic, and the soundstage and the the sheer speed and clarity is very impressive

of course i may need to burn them in a bit more just to be sure, ( but i'll probably just listen to them normally) and report my findings if they change.

exactly

but out of the box they were just unbearable to my ears.i couldn't tolerate them for 10 minutes,not anymore.
sibilance may never go completely but its pretty low now,,,the rest of the deal is fantastic,,,mostly the super awesome bass!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #5,886 of 7,982

can u compare it to re 400??

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #5,888 of 7,982

can u compare it to re 400??

hope this is not rude but this was my response about 10 pages back i think

i have both well the be edition for the gr07

i find the be gr07 is better all rounder, the bass is fast and punchy from what i'm reading here the sheer speed and fast decay is the same just the amount of impact is different for the bass (be obviously having more) i think its better for more modern music, edm, pop, rock etc

the midrange i felt is not really that recessed at all, compare the the bass

comparing the midrange to the re400 well, without the bass boost it made the vocals more clear and actually with the delicate treble response made the depth and height of the soundstage spectacular

the gr07 be had a little siblance in the treble compare the smooth and delicate treble of the re400. i got use to it so its not really a bother but if you a/b them its quite obvious.  but if you listen to a lot of rock (it can get a bit harsh fast). the re400 to me is better for vocal music and slower to medium tracks. 

the soundstage on the gr07 be is rather wide, it would be a lot airier without the bass boost i imagine the mk II would be more like that. but does not have much vertical height or layering to me 

if you want thumping bass neither is good for that. but both can reach very low and very high quite effortlessly. the re400 to me has better detail, easier for you to pick it out various aspects with listening. while the gr07 is kind of in a sense pushing it to your face (this is very minor, the klipsch s4 does this to a whole another degree, makes it very splashy, and indistinct)

i think the 30$ if anything would go toward the cable, the y connector and adjustable nozzle and the supreme amount of eartip sizes and ear guides. both are easily fitted but i think the gr07 would appeal to more (the cable is much nicer and sturdier) the nozzle will basically fit anyone of all different ear canal shapes

the re400 has a very nice j shape jack. very sturdy but i honestly think the cable should be replaced. but for 99$ thats such a small quibble considering how much sound quality you get for that price

mind you i use both over ear so microphonics is low for both its no bother

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #5,889 of 7,982
nice

I got mk2 for 135 so no regrets here

and sibilance is there for very very few tracks like in the whole eminem album recovery only not afraid is sibilant,rest all are just fine

similarly pink floyd,porcupine tree are totally sibilance free

local indian bollywood stuff,local rock totally sibilance free

so all in all I am happy

the only thing preventing me from getting re 400 is poor build quality

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #5,890 of 7,982
Sibilance can (and usually is) inherent to certain recordings that exaggerate it themselves by default, so you may not eliminate it completely in every track...but it certainly does improve after some time with the Vsonics.  They still have a tendency to emphasize that area of the FR though not to as great an extent.  Sometimes poorer recordings and low bitrate source files can also be the culprit (as I've found out before) so just keep that in mind too.  I have albums that pretty much require either the EPH-100 or RE-400 just because of poor recording quality that has sibilance and other treble harshness very apparent, but I also may be more sensitive to treble than others 
tongue.gif
  I wonder if it's possible to add an acoustic filter (Knowles Dampers for example, if they even fit the nozzle) to the GR07 or if anyone has tried this yet?

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #5,891 of 7,982
  Sibilance can (and usually is) inherent to certain recordings that exaggerate it themselves by default, so you may not eliminate it completely in every track...but it certainly does improve after some time with the Vsonics.  They still have a tendency to emphasize that area of the FR though not to as great an extent.  Sometimes poorer recordings and low bitrate source files can also be the culprit (as I've found out before) so just keep that in mind too.  I have albums that pretty much require either the EPH-100 or RE-400 just because of poor recording quality that has sibilance and other treble harshness very apparent, but I also may be more sensitive to treble than others 
tongue.gif
  I wonder if it's possible to add an acoustic filter (Knowles Dampers for example, if they even fit the nozzle) to the GR07 or if anyone has tried this yet?

i was asking the same question in my local forum!!!just before u posted this,haha

i guess we can equalize based on the treble peak we see on the graph??

has anyone at least tried that??

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #5,892 of 7,982
also my older clip+ with 20 gb of flac files was stolen so right now i am using only 320kbps.maybe using flac will decrease the harsh treble a bit

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #5,893 of 7,982
Possibly, but I think there are some limitations of the DAC chip in the Clip+ (while it does sound very good for it's price, it's not the most technical unit) and I personally have found .flac to be overkill compared to well-encoded higher bitrate .mp3, .aac or .ogg.  Just my two cents 
tongue.gif
 but you certainly can do some EQ-ing.  If the Clip+ has rockbox (that is if you got a new one), you'll have alot of options.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #5,895 of 7,982
  Possibly, but I think there are some limitations of the DAC chip in the Clip+ (while it does sound very good for it's price, it's not the most technical unit) and I personally have found .flac to be overkill compared to well-encoded higher bitrate .mp3, .aac or .ogg.  Just my two cents 
tongue.gif
 but you certainly can do some EQ-ing.  If the Clip+ has rockbox (that is if you got a new one), you'll have alot of options.

Personally, I can't tell the difference between lossless and Lame encoded V0 mp3. Frankly, I've hard time distinguishing 192kb mp3s from lossless but my hearing is not the greatest either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back