VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #5,852 of 7,982
  How would these be for movies? Am I better off with the bass edition?

i highly recommend the bass edition (be), i haven't tested the mkii

but i do own the re400 which has suppposedly less bass than the mkii and the bass edition obviously have more bass> mkii

i much prefer watching transformer on the be than with the re400. 

theres just not enough bass on the re400. the bass edition was enough, for movies (i would imagine bass being paramount and the lower mids for conversations) i would imagine there being better options out there but in terms of music listening both are amazing

i use the gr07be for faster pace pop music, its fast enough that complex music (dubstep) doesn't get messy

the re400 is for slower pop/ ballads and acoustic/ vocal based music

but both can work interchangeable but i just feel they work better as i separated them above

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #5,853 of 7,982
  i highly recommend the bass edition (be), i haven't tested the mkii

but i do own the re400 which has suppposedly less bass than the mkii and the bass edition obviously have more bass> mkii

i much prefer watching transformer on the be than with the re400. 

theres just not enough bass on the re400. the bass edition was enough, for movies (i would imagine bass being paramount and the lower mids for conversations) i would imagine there being better options out there but in terms of music listening both are amazing

i use the gr07be for faster pace pop music, its fast enough that complex music (dubstep) doesn't get messy

the re400 is for slower pop/ ballads and acoustic/ vocal based music

but both can work interchangeable but i just feel they work better as i separated them above

i have had mk2 for i day now,burned them for 20 hours approx and i think the bass is pretty good,good as u can enjoy any genre without worrying at all.but yes u must also listen to both before buying to be sure.

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #5,855 of 7,982
after 25-30 hours burn in the treble has def settled down but they are still tiring for my ears.

vocals are pretty sharp too

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #5,856 of 7,982
  after 25-30 hours burn in the treble has def settled down but they are still tiring for my ears.

vocals are pretty sharp too

Keep going, nothing much changed on my pair for a good 100 hours, I honestly thought I was wasting my time. It's a long long process, you'll feel somewhat a slave some of the time. Take it one step at a time, one day, one week. They will settle....

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #5,857 of 7,982

Keep going, nothing much changed on my pair for a good 100 hours, I honestly thought I was wasting my time. It's a long long process, you'll feel somewhat a slave some of the time. Take it one step at a time, one day, one week. They will settle....

yup i am having similar thoughts too!!

but how can we be sure that its the burning that actually works after 100 hours??
it may just be our subjective feeling!!
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #5,859 of 7,982

yup i am having similar thoughts too!!

but how can we be sure that its the burning that actually works after 100 hours??
it may just be our subjective feeling!!
confused_face_2.gif

You don't really know, but the sibilance and treble should calm, you should notice less Shhhh Chhh after a good 150 hours. Keep it sane, take them up to 150 - 200 then just to the rest manually. Try not to keep them beating away for days at a time, let them have a break now and then (rest period) I just left mine going over night and used them through the day. Alternate the music playing every 4 hours or so. Most all enjoy the ride!

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #5,860 of 7,982

You don't really know, but the sibilance and treble should calm, you should notice less Shhhh Chhh after a good 150 hours. Keep it sane, take them up to 150 - 200 then just to the rest manually. Try not to keep them beating away for days at a time, let them have a break now and then (rest period) I just left mine going over night and used them through the day. Alternate the music playing every 4 hours or so. Most all enjoy the ride!

i am not even giving a proper burn in with diff noises

i have just put them on my clip+ and pushed the play button??

i would appreciate help in proper burn in technique!!if that exists

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,861 of 7,982

i am not even giving a proper burn in with diff noises

i have just put them on my clip+ and pushed the play button??

i would appreciate help in proper burn in technique!!if that exists

You need to have them at a fairly high volume for anything to happen. Put them on, listen, and lift the volume to a level you're slightly uncomfortable with, keeping in mind you do not want any distortion (that is very bad) then leave them cranking away in a pair of socks or similar to muffle the noise and not distract you. Think just above '3/4' of the Clip+ volume.

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #5,862 of 7,982
guys i have some depressing news, i brought my gr07 be edition to a christmas party, had 3 of my friends try them out.

NO BODY COULD PUT THEM IN PROPERLY, stuffed them in cable down

1 friend was indifferent to their sound incomparison to their skullcandy ink'd that he used to listen to a song earlier

1 friend barely listened to it and decided to listen through speakers

my last friend listened to it a little more extensively, saying that they sound like his beats tours (the old one), and my reply was "do they not sound clearer or faster?" What do you mean faster?"

and opt to take them off after 1 song and put on my friends pair of beats studios (2010) and was enjoying it and was like "you can just relax in this comfy chair and listen to dem beats all day " thats that life!" 

later than night all my friends were like "was planning to get some beats for xmas, dunno which one" i said don't get them man, theres better options if your dropping that much cash" "He's a hater, dun listen to him" <-- in a joking manner but still

i even went as far as to show them the design of the sony mdr1r, sennheiser momentums, the bose qc15 they said they were alright but they dun have the "b"

i don't understand anymore, it could be the fact that the eartips don't fit them but i just dunno anymore. if these people can't tell the difference between sound signatures and quality, why drop that much cash $300 (assuming everyones mentioning the studios which is probably the case, cause their the iconic beats headphone)

i guess beats has perfected the marketing formula of marketing= endorsement + massive advertising= sales (even if their products are vastly overpriced and made of a middle tier materials ( seriously for 300$ your using this weak plastic, while the momentums are mostly metal, and the kef m500s are mostly metal as well)

i dunno what to think anymore have you guys encountered this response from others?

Dec 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #5,863 of 7,982
  guys i have some depressing news, i brought my gr07 be edition to a christmas party, had 3 of my friends try them out.

NO BODY COULD PUT THEM IN PROPERLY, stuffed them in cable down

1 friend was indifferent to their sound incomparison to their skullcandy ink'd that he used to listen to a song earlier

1 friend barely listened to it and decided to listen through speakers

my last friend listened to it a little more extensively, saying that they sound like his beats tours (the old one), and my reply was "do they not sound clearer or faster?" What do you mean faster?"

and opt to take them off after 1 song and put on my friends pair of beats studios (2010) and was enjoying it and was like "you can just relax in this comfy chair and listen to dem beats all day " thats that life!" 

later than night all my friends were like "was planning to get some beats for xmas, dunno which one" i said don't get them man, theres better options if your dropping that much cash" "He's a hater, dun listen to him" <-- in a joking manner but still

i even went as far as to show them the design of the sony mdr1r, sennheiser momentums, the bose qc15 they said they were alright but they dun have the "b"

i don't understand anymore, it could be the fact that the eartips don't fit them but i just dunno anymore. if these people can't tell the difference between sound signatures and quality, why drop that much cash $300 (assuming everyones mentioning the studios which is probably the case, cause their the iconic beats headphone)

i guess beats has perfected the marketing formula of marketing= endorsement + massive advertising= sales (even if their products are vastly overpriced and made of a middle tier materials ( seriously for 300$ your using this weak plastic, while the momentums are mostly metal, and the kef m500s are mostly metal as well)

i dunno what to think anymore have you guys encountered this response from others?

who cares man

its for u to decide,not ur friends.

i had a similar experience with brainwavz m3 and chepo skullcandy.my friend just loved those skullcandys!!lol
in general ppl don't give a s hit about clarity and prefer booming bass,thats a sad truth

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #5,864 of 7,982

who cares man

its for u to decide,not ur friends.

i had a similar experience with brainwavz m3 and chepo skullcandy.my friend just loved those skullcandys!!lol
in general ppl don't give a s hit about clarity and prefer booming bass,thats a sad truth

seems the case man, i agree its for me to decide but its nice to enjoy stuff with friends but it even when listening to my buddys skull candy ink'd yes there was bass a lot of midbass punch but the mids were so recessed and the treble roll off was very quick after the mid range

and then listening to the gr07be  immediately (well i guess for me only) the sound was day and night. guess it wasnt for him...

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #5,865 of 7,982
  seems the case man, i agree its for me to decide but its nice to enjoy stuff with friends but it even when listening to my buddys skull candy ink'd yes there was bass a lot of midbass punch but the mids were so recessed and the treble roll off was very quick after the mid range

and then listening to the gr07be  immediately (well i guess for me only) the sound was day and night. guess it wasnt for him...

there is a diff for sure.its not like we like spending money for nothing.
i would say even sony has been concentrating on bass for a long time.

i would give u a clue.put ur friend on gr07 for a vocal centric song or predominantly instrumental song.stay away from pop and rap and then take his opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back