VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Sep 7, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #287 of 310
Looking for a great IEM with smaller nozzles (Comply 100 or 200) and not huge frame that can ideally be worn down. I would have already purchased soundmagic e80 if not for those restrictions.

So I'm considering upping my initial price range (to a strict $100) and going for the GR07 classic. 

Are they a big upgrade from, say, the Piston 3s? Klipsch X5,X7?

Anything else I should consider? 

Thanks

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #289 of 310
interesting model...considering picking up some of these to try out as they're on sale locally.

my first and only iems are the sony xba h1...would these sound quite a bit different?

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #290 of 310
  interesting model...considering picking up some of these to try out as they're on sale locally.

my first and only iems are the sony xba h1...would these sound quite a bit different?

well bought them....wow quite a lot of balance and details here.
at first i coudn't understand the love (bad seal).
great bang for the buck.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #293 of 310
  Thinking of getting these, are there any audible differences between the MK2 and Classic edition?

Classic is generally considered to be a bit smoother in the treble and a hair heavier in the bass, but still extremely close in overall sound. If you want to get the GR07 I believe Classic is a nice way to save a few bucks and give up some accessories but obtain essentially the same sound as MK2/MK1. Even the BE is not that different IMHO. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #296 of 310
I just got my GR07 Classic edition in the mail, I find that they sound good overall besides the mid range.  I find the mid range to be too recessed, do you guys have any recommendations on how to eq these to bring out the optimal sound?  I have tried a various combinations of tips and can confirm that the foam ones included sound the worst. By the way, I am not sure how much burn-in will actually have an effect, from what I can tell this is usually a myth among most headphones. However, it does seem that many users recommend burn-in. Should I just use white noise around mid volume for the burn-in?

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #298 of 310
  I just got my GR07 Classic edition in the mail, I find that they sound good overall besides the mid range.  I find the mid range to be too recessed, do you guys have any recommendations on how to eq these to bring out the optimal sound?  I have tried a various combinations of tips and can confirm that the foam ones included sound the worst. By the way, I am not sure how much burn-in will actually have an effect, from what I can tell this is usually a myth among most headphones. However, it does seem that many users recommend burn-in. Should I just use white noise around mid volume for the burn-in?

For EQ, I'd probably do a semi-narrow cut around 6Khz of maybe 2-3 dB. Then maybe a wide boost of around 2dB from 500hz - 3Khz. That might even out the spectrum a bit while still keeping the general proportions and timbre fairly intact.

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #299 of 310
For EQ, I'd probably do a semi-narrow cut around 6Khz of maybe 2-3 dB. Then maybe a wide boost of around 2dB from 500hz - 3Khz. That might even out the spectrum a bit while still keeping the general proportions and timbre fairly intact.

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. I've noticed some subtle differences after around 50 hours of burn-in. Mids seem to be getting a bit clearer and less muddy overall. Not sure if I'm just getting used to the sound of these as time goes on lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back