VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions
Apr 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #152 of 310
hey y'all

i think i might have a twist on the classic/mkII line, which seems pretty blurry:

i just took shipment of a lightly-used pair of headphones sold as "gr07 mkiI" by an amazon seller in california. the iems i received are blue, appearing to be the classic color edition, but they came packaged with the full suite of eartips, pouch, etc. (looks like the current gr06 packaging). all the stickers, spec sheet and so on say gr07 mkII...i'm having trouble figuring out what i actually have. if it is the classic edition, i'm ok with the $140 i paid because of the extra eartips but i'm a little mad at the guy who sold them. anybody know if there was a changeover period where they shipped the blue gr07s with the complete set of eartips/pouch?

they sound great, treble is a little harsh but not on every recording. balanced sound set up kind of like my K550s, and much warmer than my HF5s, although not at all bassy.

thoughts about the packaging? anybody else seen this?

gt

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #153 of 310
  hey y'all

i think i might have a twist on the classic/mkII line, which seems pretty blurry:

i just took shipment of a lightly-used pair of headphones sold as "gr07 mkiI" by an amazon seller in california. the iems i received are blue, appearing to be the classic color edition, but they came packaged with the full suite of eartips, pouch, etc. (looks like the current gr06 packaging). all the stickers, spec sheet and so on say gr07 mkII...i'm having trouble figuring out what i actually have. if it is the classic edition, i'm ok with the $140 i paid because of the extra eartips but i'm a little mad at the guy who sold them. anybody know if there was a changeover period where they shipped the blue gr07s with the complete set of eartips/pouch?

they sound great, treble is a little harsh but not on every recording. balanced sound set up kind of like my K550s, and much warmer than my HF5s, although not at all bassy.

thoughts about the packaging? anybody else seen this?

gt

There is a note here http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=15&=89
 Note: Due to a mistake by the manufactuer, the seal as well as the warranty card states that it is the GR07 Mk2. However, please be assured that the model you are receiving is the GR07 Classic. 

When they begin to sell the Classic, it had the extras eartips.
But if you want to feel a little better: http://www.taobao.pe/product/13444490193/

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #155 of 310
What does this mean for warranty? The left earbud just stopped producing sound today in my GR07 be but if it is reported to be discontinued, will they fix it/ get me a new one? Or will they just send me a Classic instead?
I bought the earbuds 7 months ago with an authorized seller

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #157 of 310
  My understanding from they are a repackaging of the MK2s, but this is just me taking a guess with info I have read.  Nothing definitive.

I owned the original Mk. I, and I've experience with the MK. II as well, and I can say that these are definitely no a re-packing of the MK. I. They might, however, be a re-packing of the MK. II. The CE has an internally braided cable like the MK. II (The MK. I did not have this), and is far more pliable and covered with a softer rubber that is also more silver in color than the Mk. I (which was more of a silver-grey color).

Sound-wise, I don't detect any noticeable differences from either the MK. I or MK. II. They're very sharp and spitty right out of the box, and it does take quite some time but they do improve somewhat. It doesn't go away completely, but it's far less offensive; I could barely even listen to them at first, but they've improved quite a bit. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #158 of 310
What does this mean for warranty? The left earbud just stopped producing sound today in my GR07 be but if it is reported to be discontinued, will they fix it/ get me a new one? Or will they just send me a Classic instead?
I bought the earbuds 7 months ago with an authorized seller

e]

They will send the same (BE) model as they keep some in stock always.....moreover they have the BE back in prod(ltd, not sure how many pieces)due to customer demand.

May 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #160 of 310
  Does anyone know any sites or sellers which have the classic edition available in wine red color? It seems like the wine red color is sold out among the bigger sites.

I have found the same when searching for you. I did find one seller on eBay only they're asking far too much. $179. It's no wonder he still has red in stock.

Your best bet would be to contact MP4Nation and ask them when they're getting more red in stock, at least get yourself a time frame.

There is however hope some google elitist member might find them somewhere for you so don't take my answer as the final word. 

May 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #162 of 310
  I found what looks like an interesting clone of the GR07/06  for less than 100 bucks here .
Does anybody know anything about them?

They are the GR06 branded for NVX.

May 14, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #164 of 310
More to be found. :) The general consensus is that the burn-in is mental. You yourself adjust to the sound of your new equipment, not the other way around. But let's put this boring subject to rest before we invoke the wrath of the subjective/objective dillema. :wink:

That statement does not apply to me because when I used my GR07 MkII for the first few hours (less than 5 hours) I couldn't stand the lower treble (where the singer pronounces 's"). Then I  burned them in for 7 days straight (about 20 hours a day) with my ipod nano 7, and within this period of time I did not use the them at all. I only unplugged them to charge my ipod. After a week, there was clearly a difference, no change in sound signature of course, but the lower treble became a lot more tolerable. Last year, I also ABed my GR07 with a new pair of GR07s, and again there was clearly a difference. The new pair sounded a lot harsher in the lower treble. Have you tried this yourself?

So 'burn in' is not a myth in this case, and I suggest that people burn in their new pair of GR07. I don't know exactly how long it takes for the sound to settle, but probably between 100 - 200 hours.

However, I have a completely different experience with my old  PFE112. After a few hundred hours, I noticed no change in the sound at all. I was hoping that the highs would become smoother and the mids more robust, but it did not happen. Only amping could make the sound more robust.

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #165 of 310
Thanks to this forum, I've got a pair of maroon/wine coming soon. My wallet hates forums like this... I'll post my impressions when I get them. (No experience with Vsonic so far, so no comparisons from me) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back