VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Aug 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #1,426 of 2,697
Mine just came in yesterday!  I got the clearance sale at http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?products_id=54

Sure it took two weeks to get here from Singapore but it was worth it.  I paid roughly the same for these as my AT-M50s (probably 15 more for the GR07 BE) and these are in a competition for what I listen to while traveling.

I have not really owned very many quality IEMs, the Klipsch S4i being the only decent ones Ive ever owned.  I will say though that these blow the Klipschs out of the water and are less than twice as expensive. 

My main comparison is between M50s and the GR-07 BE, I would say that they are relatively similar but initially it seems as though the GR-07 BEs are winning across the board, not by much, but they have more isolation, better perceived bass response and even a more enjoyable sound stage as far as I am concerned.  The M50s are more sibliant than the GR-07 BE at least from what I can tell so far.  Comfort wise is kind of a toss up but Id probably take the IEMs. 

All of that being said...I still prefer to listen to my AKG k702 anniversary's more than either. 

I was doing all of my listening out of my Fostex HP-P1, so perhaps it is just a much better match to the GR-07 BE than the M50s...

They need burning in like you wouldn't believe. For me the GR07 BEs are bit harsh and hard to listen to at first. From what people say they need about 300 hours, I didn't really time my burn in but it sounds about right. Compared to when I first got them, they sound really really good. For me the mids have smoothed out considerably and the sibilance is gone. I'm replacing my UE900s with these and for most stuff I enjoy these more than my mad dogs

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #1,427 of 2,697
Quote:
They need burning in like you wouldn't believe. For me the GR07 BEs are bit harsh and hard to listen to at first. From what people say they need about 300 hours, I didn't really time my burn in but it sounds about right. Compared to when I first got them, they sound really really good. For me the mids have smoothed out considerably and the sibilance is gone. I'm replacing my UE900s with these and for most stuff I enjoy these more than my mad dogs

+10
I have 2 and both improved significantly after 130-150 hours of heavy burn in. The sound open up and it is become more airy, the treble tame down. It is the biggest improvement in sound from burn in I've experienced so far. Definitely burn yours GR07 hard before you judge it.
I'll keep hard hitting mines until they reach at least 300 hours.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #1,429 of 2,697
Is it weird that I'm almost beginning to prefer these to full size cans? 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,431 of 2,697
I just got these about a week ago and have probably 70-80 hours of burn in (have been leaving them overnight with pink-noise every so often) and they just continue to impress me. I purchased a Schiit M&M stack mainly for use with my Grado 325is' but these appear to pair absolutely beautifully with this stack as well. The bass is deeper and increased and extension is more substantial, the soundstage is increased a tad and the overall body of the sound has increased as well. With this combo these IEM's are quickly becoming my favorite of all time. An absolutely ideal sound signature for me.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #1,432 of 2,697
Quote:
I just got these about a week ago and have probably 70-80 hours of burn in (have been leaving them overnight with pink-noise every so often) and they just continue to impress me. I purchased a Schiit M&M stack mainly for use with my Grado 325is' but these appear to pair absolutely beautifully with this stack as well. The bass is deeper and increased and extension is more substantial, the soundstage is increased a tad and the overall body of the sound has increased as well. With this combo these IEM's are quickly becoming my favorite of all time. An absolutely ideal sound signature for me.

I have the same setup and because I have to turn the volume down so, I don't run the BE's through the stack. Are you able to litsen to them at a normal volume?

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,433 of 2,697
For sure. There is a bit of channel imbalance lower in the pot as I'm sure you're aware but I'm able to just nudge it past that point and a little bit further and it sounds great. It's what I would consider a "normal" volume for me, for some it may be slightly loud, nothing damaging however. I love the BE's with the M&M. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #1,437 of 2,697
Best iem 'ive had so far, need a looong burn in as everyone says but man do these things rock. I had the normal Mk II's before and I cant rly tell a difference between the highs for the two but the bass is so much better on the bass editions (duh :p). I just cant recommend them enough haha.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,438 of 2,697
  Best iem 'ive had so far, need a looong burn in as everyone says but man do these things rock. I had the normal Mk II's before and I cant rly tell a difference between the highs for the two but the bass is so much better on the bass editions (duh :p). I just cant recommend them enough haha.

To be honest I like the original GR07 a bit more than BE for now, but my BE still not reached 300 hours yet.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #1,440 of 2,697
Ye I know they need very long burn in and that's why I'm waiting patiently. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back