VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Aug 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #1,292 of 2,697
Yeah, I believe that message can be ignored, it's been in the listing for several months now (even when I ordered mine last Fall) but mine still came from the US Distro center via USPS and arrived in a few days.

Aug 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,293 of 2,697
Quote:
Ha no I understand the principles of supply and demand, I meant what do you like about the synergy with the X3?

I love the Fiio house sound...and the X3 is precisely that.  Warm, with a tendency to exaggerate the low end a bit.  The X3 gives you all of the control of one of their amps/dacs (e07k, e17, etc.) so it's a ton more customizable than something like an iPod (with stock software).  You can really turn the BEs into bass monsters if you want...they never skip a beat.

I haven't listened to any of the more expensive audio sources so obviously my opinion is fairly amateur, but I really like the way they sound.  More so than my full sized M100s.

Aug 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,294 of 2,697
Quote:

I love the Fiio house sound...and the X3 is precisely that.  Warm, with a tendency to exaggerate the low end a bit.  The X3 gives you all of the control of one of their amps/dacs (e07k, e17, etc.) so it's a ton more customizable than something like an iPod (with stock software).  You can really turn the BEs into bass monsters if you want...they never skip a beat.

I haven't listened to any of the more expensive audio sources so obviously my opinion is fairly amateur, but I really like the way they sound.  More so than my full sized M100s.

I'm intrigued by the X3, I'd like to hear it sometime.  My recently acquired Clip+ with Rockbox is really surprisingly good for what it cost, and will do the job while I fund my desktop setup.  Once that's done, I can look into other options. 
cool.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,295 of 2,697
Reviews of the x3 have been less than stellar, but I think people's expectation (including mine) were really high. Thinking of the BE and x3 combo though.. I've been meaning to get them for so long but my indecisive mind could never pick between the MKII and BE.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #1,297 of 2,697
Quote:
Reviews of the x3 have been less than stellar, but I think people's expectation (including mine) were really high. Thinking of the BE and x3 combo though.. I've been meaning to get them for so long but my indecisive mind could never pick between the MKII and BE.

They have?  Everyone in the X3 thread I'm participating in seems to really like it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,298 of 2,697
Just got an email saying lendmeurears will process my reimbursement right away for the difference between the full price + sale price.

Great service.

Can't wait to get my headphones too - should get them any day now I think (hope!)

EDIT: Got my headphones yesterday. So far they sound good - not blown away by them, but not that dissapointed either. Not sure if they get much better (clearer etc) after burn-in but we'll see. I think I was expecting marginally better to be honest...but might just take time for me to get used to the particular sound of the headphones. They're certainly better than my CX-300-IIs..but whether they're better enough?... 

Using them with my Samsung Galaxy S4 with the PowerAmp app.

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,299 of 2,697
Just got the GR07 BEs. Super initial impression.

They come with a lot of tips
I stuffed them in my ears with the tips that come with it from the packaging and they sounded very sibilant. The highs are nice and airy, the mids sounded congested just coming off my UE900s. The bass is not as deep as expected but good texture and deep enough for me.

I wacked on the comply foams I had on the UE900s and the sibilance went away. The mids sound slightly congested still but doesn't seem as veiled as the UE900s. The bass improved dramatically and seem more detailed and lower than the UE900s.

They sound much better over the ears. But don't stay on well unless I use the guides provided. Listening to some tracks from Daft punk RAM.

I'm excited, hoping these will open up in the mids and if they do, will sound better than my UE900s to me.

Thanks for your recommendations guys. Bought this from reading your reviews

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #1,300 of 2,697
Quote:
Just got the GR07 BEs. Super initial impression.

They come with a lot of tips
I stuffed them in my ears with the tips that come with it from the packaging and they sounded very sibilant. The highs are nice and airy, the mids sounded congested just coming off my UE900s. The bass is not as deep as expected but good texture and deep enough for me.

I wacked on the comply foams I had on the UE900s and the sibilance went away. The mids sound slightly congested still but doesn't seem as veiled as the UE900s. The bass improved dramatically and seem more detailed and lower than the UE900s.

They sound much better over the ears. But don't stay on well unless I use the guides provided. Listening to some tracks from Daft punk RAM.

I'm excited, hoping these will open up in the mids and if they do, will sound better than my UE900s to me.

Thanks for your recommendations guys. Bought this from reading your reviews

Glad you're enjoying them so far!  Now, I see the UE900 uses the 500 size Comply tips, are they loose on the BE?  I've read that either the 200 or 400 are recommended for good fitment.  I have to say that time (i.e. burn in) is good to these, so just give it a week or so and let us know your results if you notice any difference.  Also, I see that you also have a pair of RE-400.  I just picked them up today, and they should arrive on Saturday, so I'm excited to see what they're all about.  I used to have the RE-ZERO, and I was kinda missing those HiFiMan mids...how would you compare them to the BE off your initial impression?

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,301 of 2,697
Quote:
Glad you're enjoying them so far!  Now, I see the UE900 uses the 500 size Comply tips, are they loose on the BE?  I've read that either the 200 or 400 are recommended for good fitment.  I have to say that time (i.e. burn in) is good to these, so just give it a week or so and let us know your results if you notice any difference.  Also, I see that you also have a pair of RE-400.  I just picked them up today, and they should arrive on Saturday, so I'm excited to see what they're all about.  I used to have the RE-ZERO, and I was kinda missing those HiFiMan mids...how would you compare them to the BE off your initial impression?

The complys (TX500s) definitely felt tighter on the UE900s but I wouldn't say the complys on the GR07BEs are loose either. I also use to have the RE0s a few years back before the jack died on me and it deteriorated to the point I threw them away but found their mids to be the best I've ever heard (which isn't saying much since I didn't have much experience at all). This was main the reason why I went to the RE400s hoping for the magical hifiman RE series mids. From memory the RE400s mids are a bit more laid back than the RE0s but I still enjoyed the mids much more on the RE400s than on either my UE900s or GR07s at the moment. Mind you this is all from memory as my RE400s are currently on there way back to me after I sent them back to Headphonic due to the left side cutting out from cable issues at the jack. From initial impressions the mids on the RE400s are somewhat more similar to the GR07s than my UE900s in that there is completely no veil, it is very very clear and female vocals sound excellent. On some tracks I get goosebumps when I hear the RE400s, but on others they sound lackluster i.e thin sounding (or the opposite thickness of sound I get in my HE500s) so they are highly dependent on the track you listen to. So a similar experience I had when I had my RE0, the mids are still magical easpecially on female jazz vocals.

Sorry wrote this in a rush.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #1,302 of 2,697
Having some trouble with my right ear, it keeps getting hurt no matter which tips I use (bar the very small ones, which have lousy sound due to no seal), while my left ear is perfectly comfortable. I just ordered the Sony hybrid tips in the hope that those fix the problem. Really hope they do, because other than this I'm extremely satisfied with everything.

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #1,303 of 2,697
Quote:
The complys (TX500s) definitely felt tighter on the UE900s but I wouldn't say the complys on the GR07BEs are loose either. I also use to have the RE0s a few years back before the jack died on me and it deteriorated to the point I threw them away but found their mids to be the best I've ever heard (which isn't saying much since I didn't have much experience at all). This was main the reason why I went to the RE400s hoping for the magical hifiman RE series mids. From memory the RE400s mids are a bit more laid back than the RE0s but I still enjoyed the mids much more on the RE400s than on either my UE900s or GR07s at the moment. Mind you this is all from memory as my RE400s are currently on there way back to me after I sent them back to Headphonic due to the left side cutting out from cable issues at the jack. From initial impressions the mids on the RE400s are somewhat more similar to the GR07s than my UE900s in that there is completely no veil, it is very very clear and female vocals sound excellent. On some tracks I get goosebumps when I hear the RE400s, but on others they sound lackluster i.e thin sounding (or the opposite thickness of sound I get in my HE500s) so they are highly dependent on the track you listen to. So a similar experience I had when I had my RE0, the mids are still magical easpecially on female jazz vocals.

Sorry wrote this in a rush.

No worries...that makes sense though, thanks!  That's good news, I'm excited to try them.  These will not be a replacement for the BE but an alternative, slightly different presentation, plus I got an amazing deal that I couldn't pass up haha.  I suspect they will do better than the BE with vocals/acoustic and similar, much like how the MKII was with those genres when I demoed it.  That is a shame about the QC issues you had on your pair, but I know HiFiMan is pretty good in terms of customer service so that is always a plus. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back