VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
May 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,066 of 2,697
Quote:
I was just about to ask why do people get so defensive when someone dares to criticize something they own
confused.gif

Stop me if you've heard this before. We are all entitled to our opinions.

I have NO problems telling you that the 2 GTX 660's I bought and run in SLI are crap and I can't wait to get rid of them. Also, GRID 2 sucks.

Quote:
^ Whew! Glad we got it sorted out that the mid-range on my BE's is not muddied up - I was getting worried there for a moment!
wink.gif

Yeah...sorry about that. The bass overshadows the mids a little too much for my liking. But then I could see how someone might say, the mids overshadow the BASS in the MK2's. I'm just a total mid whore (grado 325i's my fav can/despise TF10).

Quote:

Personally, I'm more concerned about misinformation.

That was my fault for being ignorant. But I'm educated now. :D

May 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #1,067 of 2,697
Alright time to lay my impression on them after using about 4 months. First they look and feel sturdy which is good. Cable is nice and soft, doesnt tangle much. Now the sound: very clear with very nice sounding instruments. I use bass mode on ipod touch. Just the right amount of bass for me if i listen to something other than hip hop or dubstep. If i do listen to dubstep or hip hop then i kinda wish bass was a little bigger, but its still nice. Only problem i have with these is hissing. Its when theres "sss" in vocal and it sounds really sharp and piercing. I read u can fix it by blasting heavy bass songs in it for 200 hours, but I never had time. Maybe it will improve in time.
Also sound is very "full" like listening to mini concert in your ears, which is very nice. 
So yeah, definelty recommend them to everybody, except bassheads. 

May 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #1,068 of 2,697
Quote:
Yeah...sorry about that. The bass overshadows the mids a little too much for my liking. But then I could see how someone might say, the mids overshadow the BASS in the MK2's. I'm just a total mid whore (grado 325i's my fav can/despise TF10).

That was my fault for being ignorant. But I'm educated now. :D

No problem! It's hard to put what we are hearing into the "proper" terms.. I think I manage to do it right about 50% of the time myself lol
smile.gif

May 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #1,069 of 2,697
Quote:
I have NO problems telling you that the 2 GTX 660's I bought and run in SLI are crap and I can't wait to get rid of them. Also, GRID 2 sucks.

Right on!!! I'm all ears, buddy.

Also, I hate Call of Duty...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,070 of 2,697
Quote:
Alright time to lay my impression on them after using about 4 months. First they look and feel sturdy which is good. Cable is nice and soft, doesnt tangle much. Now the sound: very clear with very nice sounding instruments. I use bass mode on ipod touch. Just the right amount of bass for me if i listen to something other than hip hop or dubstep. If i do listen to dubstep or hip hop then i kinda wish bass was a little bigger, but its still nice. Only problem i have with these is hissing. Its when theres "sss" in vocal and it sounds really sharp and piercing. I read u can fix it by blasting heavy bass songs in it for 200 hours, but I never had time. Maybe it will improve in time.
Also sound is very "full" like listening to mini concert in your ears, which is very nice. 

I have experienced hissing on my last two vsonic iems, that's why I have asked. Has anyone also experienced it and solved by massive burn in?
Plus, you said "If i do listen to dubstep or hip hop then i kinda wish bass was a little bigger, but its still nice." - so do you think the BE will handle the necessary quantity, fullness and body of the bass so they sound "dry" for genres like metal and vocal trance?
Thanks.

May 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #1,071 of 2,697

http://www.head-fi.org/t/220770/describing-sound-a-glossary

What u are hearing is called sibilance. I also noticed it when I purchased mine. Notice it less on the BE version.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibilant

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #1,073 of 2,697
In case anyone is interested, I am letting my BE's go here. Believe me, this was not an easy decision 
frown.gif

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,074 of 2,697
No offense, but I can't see how someone would buy a pair of (nearly) 4 month old IEMs for (nearly) 70% of the price. Good luck, though.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,076 of 2,697
Quote:
No offense, but I can't see how someone would buy a pair of (nearly) 4 month old IEMs for (nearly) 70% of the price. Good luck, though.

Why? They were awesome when I got them and they sound just as awesome 4 months later. Anyway, they're sold.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,077 of 2,697
I know people that buy used items just to save 5 bucks. They figure thats enought to buy a meal and hardly ever have problems with a used product(mostly electronics). Good buying practices are used.

The value in savings per purchase varies by individual but it does accumulate over time. On the flip side, some people will pay $13,000 for a wrist watch, its function can be caried out for much less. LOL... :sob::joy::sweat_smile::laughing::neutral_face: wait, I'm on headfi. Wait, I just spend $270 on H200's. Wait, I'm looking to purchase ASG 2's.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #1,078 of 2,697
Quote:
I know people that buy used items just to save 5 bucks. They figure thats enought to buy a meal and hardly ever have problems with a used product(mostly electronics). Good buying practices are used.

The value in savings per purchase varies by individual but it does accumulate over time. On the flip side, some people will pay $13,000 for a wrist watch, its function can be caried out for much less. LOL... :sob::joy::sweat_smile::laughing::neutral_face: wait, I'm on headfi. Wait, I just spend $270 on H200's. Wait, I'm looking to purchase ASG 2's.

Lol! You are out of control aren't you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back