VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #392 of 2,697
Quote:
Also try merkaba , another great artist
smily_headphones1.gif

I assume that this is the correct artist? If so, then yes, awesome. Let me know if you have any more golden nugget artists like those two. Love that stuff.

Edit: I think I had the wrong merkaba artist above! They were pretty good though! I have a feeling that this merkaba is the right merkaba. Checking out the tunes now....

Edit2: I see that you just responded by saying the 1st merkaba above is the right one.  Thanks. I'm still checking out the 2nd one though (more laid back, but still sounding cool...).

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #396 of 2,697
Quote:
hey wayne, how would u compare these to mh1c? 

I'm not wayne, but I have the BE and MH1C here with me.

The BE would be the most logical upgrade to the MH1c. It has much better clarity across the spectrum, similar quantity of bass that is so much more refined and textured, mids that are to die for, and much better extended treble with better timbre that will make instruments shine.

I just took an exam today and my next one isn't until Friday, so I'll do the MKII vs BE review tonight and tomorrow. I'll include the MH1C in some places, and I'll have it up latest Wednesday.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #398 of 2,697
So I decided to take out my fxz200 and mod them by removing the fabric filter in front on the nozzle, what I did really turned out to be the best thing for it. What you get is a better balanced sound because the bass doesn't cause reverb anymore. Now I'll rate the 3rd place in my top favorite.first being the bass edition then the xb90ex .

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #399 of 2,697
Quote:
I'm not wayne,

Aren't you lucky lol!

Quote:
The BE would be the most logical upgrade to the MH1c. It has much better clarity across the spectrum, similar quantity of bass that is so much more refined and textured, mids that are to die for, and much better extended treble with better timbre that will make instruments shine.

Nailed it! The BE's provide a magical auditory elixir :)

Quote:
I just took an exam today and my next one isn't until Friday, so I'll do the MKII vs BE review tonight and tomorrow. I'll include the MH1C in some places, and I'll have it up latest Wednesday.

beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #401 of 2,697
Hmmm... any comparisons between the Audio Technica CKN70 and GR07BE? 

The CKN70 is a very capable IEM but the spectral balance is kind of harsh.  If I EQ the CKN70 and the MH1C to my taste so that they sound similar, the CKN70 is clearly much faster, clearer, and more detailed.  If the GR07BE performs like a CKN70 that's not quite so exaggerated and spiky from 3-9 kHz or deficient around 1-2.5 kHz, that would be perfect.  By that I mean with the CKN70 I can do a wide 5 dB boost at 2 kHz and carefully sculpted cuts from 3-10 kHz or so which average -4-5 dB, and the midrange sounds flat and the highs above 5 kHz still sound pretty loud when I play a sine wave sweep (but music sounds great).  So I guess I want a somewhat exaggerated high end, good strong (but quick and tight) sub bass that doesn't bloat too much into upper bass and lower mids, and a flat midrange without any huge holes or spikes.

So, does the GR07BE deliver what I'm looking for?

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #403 of 2,697
Quote:

Sweet. I'd say just let them burn in your ears.

Try the MH1C tips on them. They're the best silicone tips for the GR07, period.

Well I decided to go for a burst of intensive burner (since Tuesday), and with the prior burn-in, they are at close to 200 hours now (of intensive stuff).

And I threw back on the mh1c tips (your endorsement was in the back of my mind, and those tips seem to be the perfect tips for all of my iem's lol).

All I can say is: "GR07BE + intensive burn in + mh1c tips = WOW what a full, beautiful, engaging sound".

Edit: for full disclosure, I'm listening via my laptop + ele dac + fiio E12. Wow.

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #404 of 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All I can say is: "GR07BE + intensive burn in + mh1c tips = WOW what a full, beautiful, engaging sound".

I'm going to change the above statement to: FRIGGIN' WOW what a full, beautiful, engaging sound!

I'm not entirely sure what is going on. Before, I thought these things were great but weren't quite living up to my expectations. Now, they seem to have transformed into something very awesome and beyond my expectations. Very happy camper!

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #405 of 2,697
Quote:

I'm going to change the above statement to: FRIGGIN' WOW what a full, beautiful, engaging sound!

I'm not entirely sure what is going on. Before, I thought these things were great but weren't quite living up to my expectations. Now, they seem to have transformed into something very awesome and beyond my expectations. Very happy camper!

Damn that's great to hear WAYNE. Try not to blow up too much.
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back