VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 10, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,116 of 2,697
  hi
i'm desapointed and lost
i ordered from amazon a gr0 7mk2 and the shop about 1 month cause i live in france ! sent me the wrong item a gr07 bass edition ,i 'm very angry cause it 's a an expensive present for my familily and all are very desapointed but less than me:frowning2:
but i have a big interrogation i have an ibasso dx50 flac studiomasters i listen a most of hard rock metal albums,a littel electro like daft punk and classical music but no hip hop rap dance et rnb music!
do you think the BE could give good result ,it's very difficult to send to china the wrong item and i'm not sure there still the mk2 on stock (may be is a conscient mistake:frowning2:from us).
so i'need some advice to make the good choice cause if i decided to sent to china i can't try it before by opening the box, i ahve a philips fidelio L1 and i 'm an audiophile:wink:

thanx for your...quick advice

I tested BE shortly with Windows laptop source, stock card, no amp/dac.
First, stream of some house music. The bass is big for when you are in your electro groove this is certain.
But I wanted to post because I then listened to some classical. First a stream which was OK, not sure of the bitrate.
However, I then went for some organ music(good for testing the lower end in classical), m4a lossless(we hope) and I think you will be fine with the result from BE for classical.
I do not listen to hard rock but given my impression of the quality, any genre will be good.
Note, this pair was not burned in.
So, do not fret too much about it though I understand your frustration. Not that I have tried the MKII but I will just guess that BE are no worse for anything since the bass is controlled and does not pop up unnecessarily. Your Daft Punk will slam but Chopin will not.

Bon chance

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2,117 of 2,697
I tested BE shortly with Windows laptop source, stock card, no amp/dac.
First, stream of some house music. The bass is big for when you are in your electro groove this is certain.
But I wanted to post because I then listened to some classical. First a stream which was OK, not sure of the bitrate.
However, I then went for some organ music(good for testing the lower end in classical), m4a lossless(we hope) and I think you will be fine with the result from BE for classical.
I do not listen to hard rock but given my impression of the quality, any genre will be good.
Note, this pair was not burned in.
So, do not fret too much about it though I understand your frustration. Not that I have tried the MKII but I will just guess that BE are no worse for anything since the bass is controlled and does not pop up unnecessarily. Your Daft Punk will slam but Chopin will not.

Bon chance

hi
i'm desapointed and lost
i ordered from amazon a gr0 7mk2 and the shop about 1 month cause i live in france ! sent me the wrong item a gr07 bass edition ,i 'm very angry cause it 's a an expensive present for my familily and all are very desapointed but less than me:frowning2:
but i have a big interrogation i have an ibasso dx50 flac studiomasters i listen a most of hard rock metal albums,a littel electro like daft punk and classical music but no hip hop rap dance et rnb music!
do you think the BE could give good result ,it's very difficult to send to china the wrong item and i'm not sure there still the mk2 on stock (may be is a conscient mistake:frowning2:from us).
so i'need some advice to make the good choice cause if i decided to sent to china i can't try it before by opening the box, i ahve a philips fidelio L1 and i 'm an audiophile:wink:

thanx for your...quick advice

As was said above, give these around 50 hours and you will see some huge improvements, everything will will come to where it was tuned. I've had my GR07be for over a year and are still by far my favorite.

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2,118 of 2,697
nuno91,

You bought it directly from China? How much did it cost you? Generally LMUE (http://www.lendmeurears.com/) has the cheapest GR07's.

There is not much difference between the MK2 and BE. Where the MK2 has better soundstage, the BE makes up for it by having better quality bass.

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #2,119 of 2,697
thanx for your quick answers:)

in fact i've just received a mail from esther interntional amazon market place,and tells me after appologise them,they could send me in exchange the mk2 in blue color  is the new model withoutthe bio cellulose isn't it?
what can i do i think the sony bio cellulose is better on paper but in the fact?

ty

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #2,120 of 2,697
I m affraid to get a monster beat boom boom sound:wink: who absorb mids and high ,your advice made me the more going to keep the BE Edition for the moment .
For your help my main listen are:
Dream theater and other metal prog bands; hard rock like extrem, europe, mr big ect...guitar instrumentals satriani, vai, timmons....blues rock:gary moore, joe bonamassa.., some electro daft punk, kavinsky..classical smooth music and movies music euh. I think that s all lol!!

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #2,121 of 2,697
The BEs are not that bassy IMO, but has enough bass to sound great with bass centric music and everything else

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,123 of 2,697
I m affraid to get a monster beat boom boom sound:wink: who absorb mids and high ,your advice made me the more going to keep the BE Edition for the moment .
For your help my main listen are:
Dream theater and other metal prog bands; hard rock like extrem, europe, mr big ect...guitar instrumentals satriani, vai, timmons....blues rock:gary moore, joe bonamassa.., some electro daft punk, kavinsky..classical smooth music and movies music euh. I think that s all lol!!

Sorry to go a bit OT, but you might want to look into the Tpeos H200's. Apparently they are great for metal (personally, I like them for anything). This is from d marc0, a self-certified metal head:
I truly feel that the H-200 is the best IEM (that I have heard) for heavy metal. As a metal head, I value fast bass response with short decay and forward mids to highlight guitar crunches and shreds - and that's what the H-200 does best! 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694003/d-marc0s-journal-my-head-fi-journey-new-ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10pro-mini-review#post_10044512

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,124 of 2,697
thanx "waynes' world" ,but my choice is only between the classic color and the bass edition?
wink_face.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #2,125 of 2,697
  thanx "waynes' world" ,but my choice is only between the classic color and the bass edition?
wink_face.gif

No worries. It's been a while since I had my BE's, but they are fantastic, so you can't go wrong there :)

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,126 of 2,697
The bio cellulose drivers do sound fantastic. I can't get anough of my GR07 BEs and TH600s which also use the same material in their drivers. I think it makes the can sound very alive and coloured in a very good way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back