VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #2,101 of 2,697
The only clear upgrade to my GR07BEs are my cans

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #2,102 of 2,697
As long as Vsonic keeps making the gr07be...I will keep on buying them anytime I need an iem. By far my favorite <$200 option and I don't even have the urge to try anything that has been released in the last year since I got mine. And I'm the worst upgrade-itis guy there is. That's the sign of a fine fine headphone.

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #2,105 of 2,697
DB(or anyone else, of course), what is your usual setup with your BEs?
I am wondering about quality vs lesser iems when using a rubbish source(laptop, phone) and lower quality streams and files.
Also if anyone has a similar setup how any portable amp/dac helped or did not.
In short, is the upgrade both apparent and worth the cost when the files are not lossless, etc.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #2,106 of 2,697
I am wondering about quality vs lesser iems when using a rubbish source(laptop, phone) and lower quality streams and files.
In short, is the upgrade both apparent and worth the cost when the files are not lossless, etc.

I used to listen to the BE through my Galaxy Nexus and crappy laptop output, 320/128 kbps MP3s, and it's still very good to be honest. I'd still listen that way if I didn't need a more powerful source for my Beyer headphone. Before the 07be I had Vsonic GR02be and VSD1. If you're coming from around that range then you'll notice a definite increase in sound quality

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #2,107 of 2,697
I use mine a bunch of different ways.

For the gym I put them in either my 7th gen Nano or my Moto G (my extra phone)

At home...out of my iPad Mini Retina via the JDS C5D or from my MacBook Air via the C5D as we'll.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2,109 of 2,697

I use my BEs with my AK100 with all FLAC almost exclusively now that I have it.  That said, before I had one I primarily listened from my Android phone using Poweramp with V0 MP3s.  There is definitely a noticeable difference between the two, but I thoroughly enjoyed listening to my lossy library out of my phone before I had means to do otherwise.

I guess it depends on what 'lower quality' means.  If you're listening to <128kbps, you will notice a significant improvement by going to 320 or FLAC.  Phones (I'm only really familiar with Android) can actually make for pretty decent sources.  The Poweramp app I linked above made a noticeable difference in how my MP3s sounded.

All-in-all, if you have the funds to get a dedicated source with a nice DAC/Amp, I would recommend doing so and start swapping your MP3s for FLAC.  :wink:

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #2,110 of 2,697
  I use my BEs with my AK100 with all FLAC almost exclusively now that I have it.  That said, before I had one I primarily listened from my Android phone using Poweramp with V0 MP3s.  There is definitely a noticeable difference between the two, but I thoroughly enjoyed listening to my lossy library out of my phone before I had means to do otherwise.

I guess it depends on what 'lower quality' means.  If you're listening to <128kbps, you will notice a significant improvement by going to 320 or FLAC.  Phones (I'm only really familiar with Android) can actually make for pretty decent sources.  The Poweramp app I linked above made a noticeable difference in how my MP3s sounded.

All-in-all, if you have the funds to get a dedicated source with a nice DAC/Amp, I would recommend doing so and start swapping your MP3s for FLAC.  :wink:

Basically, if you have poor source and low quality files or stream, how great is the difference between BE and whatever lesser iem.
Then same with some portable amp/dac. And again with better source and better files. Will 
Cannot go to higher quality files or streams. I wish I could snap my fingers and make it so.And there will only be so much improvement possible for the source. It is a performance under less than excellent circumstances as the issue.
I just wanted any thoughts from others as a control against my own.

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #2,111 of 2,697
hi
i'm desapointed and lost
i ordered from amazon a gr0 7mk2 and the shop about 1 month cause i live in france ! sent me the wrong item a gr07 bass edition ,i 'm very angry cause it 's a an expensive present for my familily and all are very desapointed but less than me:frowning2:
but i have a big interrogation i have an ibasso dx50 flac studiomasters i listen a most of hard rock metal albums,a littel electro like daft punk and classical music but no hip hop rap dance et rnb music!
do you think the BE could give good result ,it's very difficult to send to china the wrong item and i'm not sure there still the mk2 on stock (may be is a conscient mistake:frowning2:from us).
so i'need some advice to make the good choice cause if i decided to sent to china i can't try it before by opening the box, i ahve a philips fidelio L1 and i 'm an audiophile:wink:

thanx for your...quick advice

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #2,112 of 2,697
The bass edition is only slightly different from the standard gr07mkii IMO. It has only a slight tilt in the sub bass and still very much an audiophile iem. I don't think that there is any gr07mkii left, as it is discontinued, while there is still some stock left on the bass edition. 

Hope this helps. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #2,113 of 2,697
I think the BE is actually better for your music taste. As Matt said, it only adds a little sub bass, and everything else is the same. Just give your BE some burn in (~100 hours) if time permits and see if you like its bass. Some people find the MK2 doesn't have enough bass so they wish to get the BE instead, but some find it good enough. So it all comes down to preferences.

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #2,114 of 2,697
  I think the BE is actually better for your music taste. As Matt said, it only adds a little sub bass, and everything else is the same. Just give your BE some burn in (~100 hours) if time permits and see if you like its bass. Some people find the MK2 doesn't have enough bass so they wish to get the BE instead, but some find it good enough. So it all comes down to preferences.

The burn in is critical, just as z7nz says. I forgot to mention that. This iem responds to burn more than any other iem or regular hp that I've ever owned. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #2,115 of 2,697

I agree, the BE is not really heavy on bass, I think actually is a better choice for your music taste.

There is a new GR07 product, the classic, I think these are similar to the MKII, even when they use a different technology.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back