VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Aug 13, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #1,336 of 2,697
'Been looking for a few ideas as a bit of an upgrade from my Re0's.

Nearly went down the RE-400 road this morning but spotted the GR07BE on sale and jumped in. Now I read I might have just lost 33 USD?

Should I be annoyed or just happy that such highly praised earphones are available at that price anyway? Too late now whatever.

Any idea on the lead time to the UK?

Oh and Tanj^^^,

You wouldn't know anything about a B500 '07 would you :wink:

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,337 of 2,697
UMMM YEAH and you are

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #1,339 of 2,697
Aug 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #1,340 of 2,697
Yup.
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #1,341 of 2,697
Hey all,

Unfortunately I did not have a positive experience from lendmeurears. I live in Sydney, Australia and earlier this year my GR07 mk1's went dead but it was still under the warranty. Lendmeurears offered a replacement, so I mailed it to Singapore.. 3 weeks later I receive a used product; it had dead skin/earwax in the canal if you looked closely. I was assuming it was a returned GR07 from another customer. I asked for a new one and lendmeurears agreed but again I needed to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive so it was a total of 6 weeks turnaround. The communication was slow as well, 3-4 day response from emails and the need to send emails twice to ensure communication was okay. I'm not sure how many people on head-fi.org have needed to return anything faulty to lendmeurears but my experience wasn't pleasant.

Anyway, I decided buy a GR07 BE from an Australian seller this time http://headphones.com.au/ . Markus from headphonic answered all my questions on the phone and was very familiar with in ear canalphones. Basically when I asked for something similar/better than the GR07 mk1 he went straight to the BE. Also he said a similar product from other brands were double the cost and definitely recommended I give these a shot if I was on a budget. There was a $50(AUD) saving between lendmeurears and headphonic but headphonic were much better in their service and knowledge; so for people in Australia buy from headphonic; they definitely spend time to explain the products to you.

My Review of the GR07 BE:

The GR07 BE is a step up from the GR07, there's that extra bass but the clarity is maintained. On my ipod fifth generation, I only had the stock earphones to compare. The stock earphones have a punchier bass line but the clarity is so much better in the GR07 BE. 
On my computer running Essence STX>MediaMonkey>FLAC, I could crank it right up without distortion.

I managed to burn them in for at least 250 hours playing music from classical, rock and house genres on shuffle at 75% volume until the battery on the ipod died. To be honest, I did not notice any major difference (althought some of you may disagree)

I made sure I listened to these 3 tracks on the ipod (all FLAC>WAV converted via Switch)

Zedd - Clarity
- House music is great for this canalphone especially if it has vocals. Unfortunately it was mastered and produced digitally so no matter what headphone I listen to it through.. theres a limit to how 'good' it will sound.

[Noriko Ogawa, Bergen Philharmonic] Grieg - Piano Concerto in A minor op16 Allegro molto moderato
- This piano concerto is brought to life. The soundstage can be sort of visualised with the piano on the front right and the orchestra behind. 
- In comparision to the GR07 mk1 the BE bring out the subtle components of the bass clef of this piece. I'll probably listen to a bit of Mozart and chamber music in the future to test whether it was the BE or just this particular recording.

[Itzhak Perlman; Israel Philharmonic Orchestra]  Vivaldi - The Four Seasons, Op. 8-2, RV 315, Summer -  1. Allegro non molto
- In general, EVERYBODY should listen to this track or use it as a testing track.
- The violin 'sings' in ways I can't explain.. The GR07 BE does an excellent job of maintaining the clarity of the violin. Then the bass is slightly exaggerated (compared to my old GR07 mk1) for a classical piece but it's not a problem as my ears don't mind it.

Overall, this headphone does not disapoint and it's a great addition to the V-sonic line; expeciallly those looking for a clear and accurate canalphone with slightly extra bass. I have since stopped using my GR07 mk1 as I've just gotten used to the BE.

marth 

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #1,342 of 2,697
Yeah I think I will buy from Headphonics also....

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #1,343 of 2,697
+1 for Headphonic. I bought my RE400s from them, had cut out issues, they promptly sent me new ones

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #1,344 of 2,697
Fast delivery too..sutff waiting any longer than I have to....if Jaben dont have stock...which they dont ATM...off to Headphonics and an xtra 50...but...I have the IEM's and a great net to fall back on if any probs arise....

And I am sure they would not send out used IEM's...

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #1,345 of 2,697
Fast delivery too..sutff waiting any longer than I have to....if Jaben dont have stock...which they dont ATM...off to Headphonics and an xtra 50...but...I have the IEM's and a great net to fall back on if any probs arise....

And I am sure they would not send out used IEM's...

I sent backstage phones with nothing and they sent me back a brand spanking new one sealed in the box

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,346 of 2,697
Well i was pretty satisfied with their knowledgable service. And if you ask around their forum they tend to give you the most 'honest' answer. That is, realistically what you will get out out of your purchase..
I was going to buy a $800 setup from my PC (DAC + DT770) after reading many reviews... but Markus on the forum was helpful; pretty much said the output would only be good as the input - the soundcard on my PC. So i went with a $150 sound card and a $300 AD900 and saved me a few bucks.
Their pricing may be slightly higher, but if anything ever goes wrong you'll save more on shipping your return and mostly importantly; the time you spend sorting out your return.

My two cents,
marth

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #1,347 of 2,697
So guys, I've been eyeing these for quite a while and wanted some advice.
Should I pull the trigger on these or wait for the new VSD lineup, or is there something better out there around the $200 mark?

Please pour out some suggestions :)

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,348 of 2,697
I paid full price and happily did so. The BEs have replaced my UE900s which retail for more than twice

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,350 of 2,697
Quote:
Hello guys, compare please gr07be(133$) vs yamaha eph-100(130$), music: rnb, hip hop, idm. thanks.

Search in Joker's IEM thread for the review on the EPH-100, it should be in the OP: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-293-iems-compared-etymotic-research-ety-kids-added-08-12-13-p-748 He compares it to the original GR07 throughout the review, and he also compares the original GR07 to the BE in the BE review, so you can kinda go from there.  Aside from that, I'm not sure of a direct comparison.  I think the determination is that it's still a good headphone, but I think for those genres you listed that you'd be better with the BE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back