VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Aug 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #1,246 of 2,697
Quote:
Hey everyone, after doing extensive amounts of research I've decided that the Gr07 BE's are the right iems for me. However, the only concern I still have before officially purchasing these is its build quality, as they don't look like they are made out of premium materials. The cables don't look very strong, like they would wear out on me in less than a year, even with care. So in your honest opinions, how would you guys describe the build quality on these? Is it good? bad? And are the cables anything to worry about at all? Have the cables worn out on you from your experiences? 
Thanks in advance.

The GR07's build quality is solid, the iem is not pretty but well made. The cable itself is thicker than 90% of other iems I own, strong enough to withstand abuse. The sheathing material is TPU which is known for its physical properties. From personal experience I expect these to last longer than the XBA-40.

Also the new GR07 Classic will be released after Mk2 and BE become discontinued, priced at $97. Probably worth to wait.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #1,247 of 2,697
Quote:

The GR07's build quality is solid, the iem is not pretty but well made. The cable itself is thicker than 90% of other iems I own, strong enough to withstand abuse. The sheathing material is TPU which is known for its physical properties. From personal experience I expect these to last longer than the XBA-40.

Also the new GR07 Classic will be released after Mk2 and BE become discontinued, priced at $97. Probably worth to wait.

Hi, GR07classics whether the driver of the sony bio-cellulose?
Lend Me UR Ears:  Hi we are not so sure yet.

Most likely they will refuse drivers in gr07 mk2/BE sony bio-cellulose and will put its own production, because the price is very low 98$ compared to 180$. I hope the sound will not be worse.

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,248 of 2,697
Quote:

I hope the Classic still comes in black, but the bronze/brown and blue colors look pretty nice.  I may have to pick up a pair for the misses...I was thinking of getting her some RE-400, but she likes my BE so that may be a better choice 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,249 of 2,697
Quote:
Hi, GR07classics whether the driver of the sony bio-cellulose?
Lend Me UR Ears:  Hi we are not so sure yet.

Most likely they will refuse drivers in gr07 mk2/BE sony bio-cellulose and will put its own production, because the price is very low 98$ compared to 180$. I hope the sound will not be worse.

I doubt they will change the driver much at all beyond slight tweaks in the tuning, plus they are the ones that are producing the drivers as far as I've read.  I've read in the past that Vsonic was an OEM for a few other companies like Sony, and while Sony designed the bio-cellulose based drivers, I believe Vsonic was always producing them (I could be wrong).  Anyway, I don't think they could alter the driver itself without altering the sound greatly.

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1,250 of 2,697

That's true, but I would bet that the classic would be more flat-sounding than the BE's (that is why I choose the BE's over the mk2) And like others have said, the sound quality may be not as good, considering its significantly lower price

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,254 of 2,697
Quote:
I doubt they will change the driver much at all beyond slight tweaks in the tuning, plus they are the ones that are producing the drivers as far as I've read.  I've read in the past that Vsonic was an OEM for a few other companies like Sony, and while Sony designed the bio-cellulose based drivers, I believe Vsonic was always producing them (I could be wrong).  Anyway, I don't think they could alter the driver itself without altering the sound greatly.

I think they'll stop using bio-cellulose drivers, because they are Sony licensed and Sony is japanese company.

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #1,255 of 2,697
Quote:
Hey everyone, after doing extensive amounts of research I've decided that the Gr07 BE's are the right iems for me. However, the only concern I still have before officially purchasing these is its build quality, as they don't look like they are made out of premium materials. The cables don't look very strong, like they would wear out on me in less than a year, even with care. So in your honest opinions, how would you guys describe the build quality on these? Is it good? bad? And are the cables anything to worry about at all? Have the cables worn out on you from your experiences? 
Thanks in advance.

Build quality is fantastic.  The original GR07s had an issue where the flange around where the cable went into the headphone would come loose, but a little super glue would solve that.  The BEs have no such issue.  They have been fantastic in the five months I've owned them and I have yet to find any sign of wear or strain at all.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,257 of 2,697
Do you guys think I should get the BE's now, or should I wait for the GR07 classic? I think that the classic's signature will resemble the mk2 more than the BE, sounding more neutral. But I want the slightly enhanced bass of the BE, so I can listen to something like hip hop or dubstep. I think it's mainly the 98$ price tag that's tempting me to wait. Any help is appreciated.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,258 of 2,697
Why wait if you want the BE? It's a ridiculously good headphone and the enjoyment you'll get from them in the time it takes for the classic to come out they will have paid for themselves. Pull the trigger.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #1,259 of 2,697
Why wait if you want the BE? It's a ridiculously good headphone and the enjoyment you'll get from them in the time it takes for the classic to come out they will have paid for themselves. Pull the trigger.

+1 for peer pressure!

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,260 of 2,697
You're right, man. These iems are already fantastic for what I need, at an already great price. Thanks for convincing me to get the BE's instead of waiting for the gr07 classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back