VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Sep 5, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #2,626 of 2,697

Actually I ordered a  bundle(GR07 BE + VSD3S) and in this case the 5% discount code cannot be applied, according to their customer service. My order has been in "awaiting fulfillment" for about a day now, how long does it usually take for them to process and ship it out?

Its a weekend so yours shd be processed monday....sometimes we get en email about shipment notice email/order status (seen thru your LMUE account) when package is already in transit halfway. so it might've left the country already or packaged and ready for postal pickup/drop,monday.

oh btw,I've been noticing GR07BE for a long time with 2 other phones,so how did you manage to bundle w/ VSD3S and whats the bundle price?

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #2,627 of 2,697

Its a weekend so yours shd be processed monday....sometimes we get en email about shipment notice email/order status (seen thru your LMUE account) when package is already in transit halfway. so it might've left the country already or packaged and ready for postal pickup/drop,monday.

oh btw,I've been noticing GR07BE for a long time with 2 other phones,so how did you manage to bundle w/ VSD3S and whats the bundle price?

I simply asked him whether it was possible to get a bundle with VSD3S illuminated green instead of the VSD3(non-s) since they are the same price. After this, he basically made some new deals accompanying my request :) When you are on LMUE's wesite, click on "promotions". 

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2,631 of 2,697
Hey, anybody know why the brand new set I got from amazon only came with 4 sets of tips instead of 14? This is very disappointing...

Yeah it cld be newest batch (
evil_smiley.gif
why Vsonic?)....Penonaudio sells all the 3 GR07 models with 4 pairs of silicons+1 pair of foam, that's the current Vsonic stock accessories on almost all of their IEMs. BUT, lmue has the original 14 pairs!. you might want to check with the seller, to re-confirm and if possible return for full refund (I like Amazon) and order from lmue.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,632 of 2,697
  Something interesting happened today. I was cleaning the nozzle of my left gr07be earbud, and as soon as my cleaning cloth made contact with the metal part in the nozzle, I heard a bunch of static in my right earbud. Does anyone know why this could happen, or was it just dumb luck? By the way, my left earbud has been having problems with static when I put it in or take it out sometimes (which may or may not be relevant to the situation?). 

Taking in and out is driver flex.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2,633 of 2,697
Guys, absolutely love these iem's. Have Ben using them daily for the past 6 mos or so and the 3.5 mm jack is starting to lose its connection with the cable. I can send it back to Penon for a warranty fix but I ace no idea how long that'll take and I really don't want to be without them long. Any thoughts on DIY fixes?

i have a few other pairs that need the same fix so I am not afraid to invest in some tools to get the job done. One specific question I have is what are the best replacement jacks and cables to use for the repair.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,636 of 2,697
My trusty GR07's started to fray and tear at the base of their plug. I electical taped them for the longest time, but they were permanently cutting out unless I bent the base of the plug just right.

Decided today to re-plug them to repair this, and ordered this kit:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AYB3NLC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

There are oddly 4 wires in the cable, but there is no microphone, leading me to believe two of them must be grounds.

Here's what I'e narrowed it down to I believe: https://i.imgur.com/SNRnmRj.jpg

I've connected both channels to their points, and both grounds to the grounding point.
Oddly though, after testing with a multi-meter, I've discovered both of the grounds and the Right Channel all 3 have continuity... Which I am not understanding 
Because of this, left channel audio comes out of the left channel like it should BUT right channel audio is coming out of both channels.

Not sure how I can remedy this, any advice? This should be a simple fix, but this odd continuity mix is making things difficult. Anyone repair these before know what I'm doing wrong?

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #2,637 of 2,697
My trusty GR07's started to fray and tear at the base of their plug. I electical taped them for the longest time, but they were permanently cutting out unless I bent the base of the plug just right.

Decided today to re-plug them to repair this, and ordered this kit:
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AYB3NLC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

There are oddly 4 wires in the cable, but there is no microphone, leading me to believe two of them must be grounds.

Here's what I'e narrowed it down to I believe: https://i.imgur.com/SNRnmRj.jpg

I've connected both channels to their points, and both grounds to the grounding point.
Oddly though, after testing with a multi-meter, I've discovered both of the grounds and the Right Channel all 3 have continuity... Which I am not understanding 
Because of this, left channel audio comes out of the left channel like it should BUT right channel audio is coming out of both channels.

Not sure how I can remedy this, any advice? This should be a simple fix, but this odd continuity mix is making things difficult. Anyone repair these before know what I'm doing wrong?

Before soldering the 3.5mm jack,did you check the continuity test with the drivers end?......

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #2,638 of 2,697
Yes, that was the odd part

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #2,639 of 2,697
Before soldering the 3.5mm jack,did you check the continuity test with the drivers end?......

Even with just the ground soldered on, the ground had continuity with the R length of the jack. Vice-versa, with just the Right channel soldered and the ground detached completely, both the Right Channel section of the Jack, as well as the solder point of the Right channel had continuity with both of the he stripped, exposed, unsoldered grounds. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #2,640 of 2,697
Even with just the ground soldered on, the ground had continuity with the R length of the jack. Vice-versa, with just the Right channel soldered and the ground detached completely, both the Right Channel section of the Jack, as well as the solder point of the Right channel had continuity with both of the he stripped, exposed, unsoldered grounds. I'm not sure what to do about it.

I ran into same pita situation when my meelec m6 and tf10 played games on me.....I gave up on M6 and bought a new fiio cable for the tf10.

I suspect a short @ y split. W/o soldering the cable ends with the 3.5mm jack,what do you get when testing these 4 ends between them using mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back