VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Nov 21, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #2,461 of 2,697
One of our forumer here - Crazy3rdgen bought his 3rd pair of GR07be.His cable broke on his 2nd set also.

My goodness,he wld've tried himself recabling....the challenge is opening the shells and soldering is easy as abc.....where exactly the cable die on the gr07s / most of the failures happen?....

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2,462 of 2,697
Just got this, i like them more than my hd650's  
deadhorse.gif
 im in love, at start a missed a the mids but 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #2,463 of 2,697
I'm having a moment of weakness and considering getting the GR07 CLASSICs from lendmeurears for $76.70US.

I owned the BE's for a few months and I never could get a good seal, which resulted in a rather 2 dimensional, thin type of  sound, plus some sibilance in the higher dimensions that occasionally gave me grief. So I sold them.

But that was a while ago. I am more mature and sophisticated now lol, and I have more spare tips lying around to try, and the price of these classics are something that I'm willing to spend.

So, should I do it? I think the sale is only on for the rest of the evening, so please speak your minds!

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2,464 of 2,697
  I'm having a moment of weakness and considering getting the GR07 CLASSICs from lendmeurears for $76.70US.

I owned the BE's for a few months and I never could get a good seal, which resulted in a rather 2 dimensional, thin type of  sound, plus some sibilance in the higher dimensions that occasionally gave me grief. So I sold them.

But that was a while ago. I am more mature and sophisticated now lol, and I have more spare tips lying around to try, and the price of these classics are something that I'm willing to spend.

So, should I do it? I think the sale is only on for the rest of the evening, so please speak your minds!

^
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-impressions-thread/6705#post_11090189

YOU ARE WELCOME!!! : P

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #2,465 of 2,697
ok back to my original question, zero tenore or vsonic gr07 be? cheerio

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #2,466 of 2,697

Owning both Tenores and GR07 classics, I's say in general if you want something smooth and inoffensive, go with the Tenore. If you want something with more contrast and bite, go with the GR07.

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #2,467 of 2,697

IMO the gr07 be has a better soundstage with a bit laid back mids, but for me it was sibilant with most of the songs, and it becomes annoying.

the tenore has a smaller soundstage with forward mids but its not sibilant at all, so i ended up prefering it.

Those are the biggest differences for me.

but i think if your ear can take the amount of sibilance of gr07 be , it would be the better contender.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #2,468 of 2,697
Unfortunately after 1.5 years my GR07BE start to die... I hear some crackling since yesterday.... it's a cable issue - when I move or touch the cable, the crackling becomes more obvious. I'm a bit disappointed as I really took care of them and didn't do any bad things to them. Anyway, that's the life of an IEM.

It's just that from all the IEMs I heard I love these the most. They are amazing from my point of view, I simply love their sound and their details. They are good for any type of music. Any suggestion if a recabling is possible? I've seen a few pages back someone did this, but I don't know where I can find someone to do this.
I'm also thinking of buying new IEMs, but I'm affraid I will want to turn back to the GR07BE sound... :)

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #2,469 of 2,697
Unfortunately after 1.5 years my GR07BE start to die... I hear some crackling since yesterday.... it's a cable issue - when I move or touch the cable, the crackling becomes more obvious. I'm a bit disappointed as I really took care of them and didn't do any bad things to them. Anyway, that's the life of an IEM.

It's just that from all the IEMs I heard I love these the most. They are amazing from my point of view, I simply love their sound and their details. They are good for any type of music. Any suggestion if a recabling is possible? I've seen a few pages back someone did this, but I don't know where I can find someone to do this.
I'm also thinking of buying new IEMs, but I'm affraid I will want to turn back to the GR07BE sound... :)

try btg audio......but it involves 80-85% cost of current BE price,roughlt?.....:rolleyes:

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #2,470 of 2,697
And BTG is a small outfit, It usually takes this guy up to a few months to complete this. I would hold onto them and buy another one from lendmeurears for 110.00$ US. Ive had mine for about 2 years and so far so good.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,471 of 2,697

Owning both Tenores and GR07 classics, I's say in general if you want something smooth and inoffensive, go with the Tenore. If you want something with more contrast and bite, go with the GR07.

IMO the gr07 be has a better soundstage with a bit laid back mids, but for me it was sibilant with most of the songs, and it becomes annoying.

the tenore has a smaller soundstage with forward mids but its not sibilant at all, so i ended up prefering it.

Those are the biggest differences for me.

but i think if your ear can take the amount of sibilance of gr07 be , it would be the better contender.

thanks, lachlan apparently bought himself tenores, so going to look forward to his review.

i've seen on ebay these gr07 be on auction, i wanted to buy them to see if i can fix it but wan't willing to pay for how much it actually sold so i figured no point buying broken earphones. so i guess it's a common thing. is it the cable gets diconnected from speaker at the point of soldering? or the cable itself gets broken, like wire in cable breaks? wouldn't it be easy to open it along the ling of where they are put together and resolder them and glue them back together? there are only two wires in each. may be it would be difficult opening it and putting back together, and may be recable them at the same time.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #2,472 of 2,697
And BTG is a small outfit, It usually takes this guy up to a few months to complete this. I would hold onto them and buy another one from lendmeurears for 110.00$ US. Ive had mine for about 2 years and so far so good.

Exactly I wld do the same.....but very very few prefers to re-cable ignoring the cost and wait time involved tho and reason being they fear to re-cable self as not to damage the drivers or the shells and mainly the sound they love very much from gr07s- The GENUINE Reason- .....many wld've done themselves which we might not be known,reason? They know atleast a little to solder the wires which that spirit/eager builds a little confident to crack (smart) open the shells and glue them properly when soldering done with the drivers......:D Again dont anyone just try on your own IF you dont have ENOUGH confident in you, both to open and solder.......:wink:

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #2,474 of 2,697
mikell I am in the same situation as you! This is my 14th month with the gr07bes, and the cable is cutting short in my left ear. Is the BTG recabling worth it? Or should I just invest in re400s or something like that?

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #2,475 of 2,697
mikell I am in the same situation as you! This is my 14th month with the gr07bes, and the cable is cutting short in my left ear. Is the BTG recabling worth it? Or should I just invest in re400s or something like that?

RE400 owner here. I haven't used the GR07, but the build quality of the 400 is the cheapest I've seen. My Apple EarPods feel more durable. If you want an IEM that would last, get something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back