VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Nov 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #1,756 of 2,697
GR07 is hard to upgrade from I've found (so far anyway) and everything is going to be more of a side-grade, which is fine by me...different flavors for different genres.  The EPH-100 is my most recent acquisition and it's definitely not any better or worse depending on what you're after and what you're listening to, but another nice presentation variation...a bit more musical overall but they definitely don't make the GR07 sound small.  You'd really have to make a big commitment and go cIEM to truly upgrade IMO.  Also, everyone's impressions are very subjective so it's hard to gauge what is better or not...just trust your ears! 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #1,757 of 2,697
  One concern I have is that the driver is made out of biocellulose. Does that imply it will dry up in a few years and stop working, or degrade over time?

Some insight on Bio-Cellulose technology.........from a fellow H-fi'er.

"http://www.head-fi.org/t/568694/biocellulose-and-its-use-in-headphones-earphones-referring-the-recent-iem-example-vsonic-gr-07-r07"

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #1,758 of 2,697

"http://www.head-fi.org/t/568694/biocellulose-and-its-use-in-headphones-earphones-referring-the-recent-iem-example-vsonic-gr-07-r07"

This is a great write-up...I read it a while back when first researching the GR07.  I encourage everyone to check it out as well!

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #1,759 of 2,697

Yea ive read this before, but i dont remember it addressing the durability of the membrane created or whether it will degrade over time or dry up

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #1,760 of 2,697
  GR07 is hard to upgrade from I've found (so far anyway) and everything is going to be more of a side-grade, which is fine by me...different flavors for different genres.  The EPH-100 is my most recent acquisition and it's definitely not any better or worse depending on what you're after and what you're listening to, but another nice presentation variation...a bit more musical overall but they definitely don't make the GR07 sound small.  You'd really have to make a big commitment and go cIEM to truly upgrade IMO.  Also, everyone's impressions are very subjective so it's hard to gauge what is better or not...just trust your ears! 
wink.gif

Yeah pretty much my findings too modulor 
Nothing I've heard has blew the GR07 away yet hmmm

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #1,761 of 2,697
Nov 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #1,762 of 2,697
I've seen Brian's recabled GR07s before (I can also confirm his work is excellent) but I don't think it's possible to add detachable cables.  If you learn otherwise though, definitely let us know!

**Edit** After looking at the pictures over on BTG Audio again, the sockets seem pretty small so I think it may be possible to fit them in the strain relief.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #1,763 of 2,697
  I just found out that GR07 can be re-cabled and have the cables detachable. Here's the thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/688869/broken-vsonic-gr07-recommendations#post_10013903

It can't be.......Brian just re-cabeled with OFC or copper plated(silver?) cable in the below picture.

Gr07.jpg

edit> So only Brian has the answer, whether he can make removable cabling as well,now,by removing the strain relief and using that diameter to perfectly fit-in a female 2 pin socket. I guess  he can't use tf10,Senny IE8,Westone sockets/pin combinations as they are non-circular but Shure.
Again for that to use,he need to reserve some space to install the female socket which is totally a mess-up in GR07's sound signature. so.................just recabling is just OK, so the above picture predicts what Brian can.

Any thoughts pls........

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #1,764 of 2,697
Hi everybody, I am interested in buying my first iem and after reading alot i found that the gr07 BE fits almost all my needs.
The music i usually listen is EDM, DubStep,electronic, music so bass is important to me.
The only think is setting me back is that I don't have much experience with headphones, I own px100 and iphone earphones, I really like the sound of the px100 but they are starting to die and i want an iem, I got a chance to listen to AKG q350 today, and I was very disappointed with the bass, it was very flat even the iphone earphones sounds better to me, so i am afraid the gr07 BE will sound the same to me, flat and boring.
I don't know if i can call my self a bass head again because I don't know exactly where is the boundary  in being a bass or not but i do like the bass of the px100 and i really expect my new iem's be at the same area of the px100 bass wise..
Can someone please give some reference to the gr07 BE compared to px100 ?  or some advice? 

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,765 of 2,697
  Hi everybody, I am interested in buying my first iem and after reading alot i found that the gr07 BE fits almost all my needs.
The music i usually listen is EDM, DubStep,electronic, music so bass is important to me.
The only think is setting me back is that I don't have much experience with headphones, I own px100 and iphone earphones, I really like the sound of the px100 but they are starting to die and i want an iem, I got a chance to listen to AKG q350 today, and I was very disappointed with the bass, it was very flat even the iphone earphones sounds better to me, so i am afraid the gr07 BE will sound the same to me, flat and boring.
I don't know if i can call my self a bass head again because I don't know exactly where is the boundary  in being a bass or not but i do like the bass of the px100 and i really expect my new iem's be at the same area of the px100 bass wise..
Can someone please give some reference to the gr07 BE compared to px100 ?  or some advice? 

Hey bud,
Youve come from low isolation audio devices, so this will really be a step up. The bass will hit harder, im sure, but more importantly will reach much deeper and be much more textured. Mids and highs will be far more detailed and will be more enjoyable. Just burn them in at least 50 hours before passing opinion -- all the frequences after this point start becoming much more defined and accurate imo. And in case it sounds boring, u can always turn on the eq and turn up bass -- the o7s eq really well. I love edm, dubstep, and electronic and these earbuds are absolutely fantastic for that. especially because electronic music focuses not just on big bass but on very accurate bass, ull enjoy the 07s. And highs and mids will sound great too --- important elements of electronic music. Finally, electronic music focuses on a lot of frequency levels accross the spectrum, and thus youll need an earbud with the speed to handle all ur beats while not having highs lag behind lows, or vice versa. I think the gr07bes are great at this. Finally, for me the 07s made genres like classical much more enjoyable to me, so much so that I opened myself to a whole new world of music; so buy earbuds that arent just focused on bass, but are rather balanced to apoint because i think ull be able to enjoy more genres and discover new appreciations as time moves on.
So yea go for it if u want to buy the 07s -- and get them from lendmeurears for lowest price :)
Nusho

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #1,766 of 2,697

You will be delighted and rewarded on your GR07BE.Wait for the holiday season deals to get even cheaper than now and hit your luck, go for it, even no deal offered coming season, LMUE is there.....last resort for cheap.It's kinda all-rounder in all departments not only genres but the way of presenting them,SS,depth,imaging etc.......worthy investment on just one IEM,look no further..

edit> One Good thing though, you made up your mind more than 100% on GR07BE!

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #1,767 of 2,697
Can anybody tell me if it's possible to order replacements for the little rubber guys that hold the cable behind your ears?  I lost one while running to catch a plane the other day and now the left one will not stay behind my ear for the life of me.  I don't understand how people use these without them, I literally have to stay completely still or the cable doesn't stay put.  If Vsonic doesn't sell replacements, maybe someone knows of a DIY method or another company that makes something similar that is compatible?  I tried the Vsonic website but some sort of error message in Chinese is all that appears, and the only English says "Microsoft" so I'm assuming the site only works on PC.

On an unrelated note, I've only been using these headphones for a couple weeks now but they are kind of unbelievable.  I haven't touched any of my full size sets since getting them.

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #1,768 of 2,697
  Can anybody tell me if it's possible to order replacements for the little rubber guys that hold the cable behind your ears? 

You can order here "http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=170"
OR
their ebay business shop name "bigbargainonline"

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #1,769 of 2,697
Thank you guys for commenting, I guess i will buy them soon, I am still waiting to see blackfriday deals if there is something better or cheaper,
though for the gr07 BE i don't believe that there price will get any cheaper than 130$..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back