VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Nov 29, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #1,771 of 2,697
i have a got a question, i am also intrested in buying iem for my girlfriend, she listened mostly to pop and hits, she needs a microphone.. do you know how the gr07 BE compares to ue600 ? 

EDIT:

never mind guys, i think i will get her the klipsh s4, there is a really good price on them now at amazon, 40$.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,772 of 2,697
  i have a got a question, i am also intrested in buying iem for my girlfriend, she listened mostly to pop and hits, she needs a microphone.. do you know how the gr07 BE compares to ue600 ? 

EDIT:

never mind guys, i think i will get her the klipsh s4, there is a really good price on them now at amazon, 40$.

you can try steelseries flux in-ear. they are recommended by joker as the best iem with mic under 50 USD http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/#comment-938

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,773 of 2,697
  you can try steelseries flux in-ear. they are recommended by joker as the best iem with mic under 50 USD http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/#comment-938

I second the Flux...easily the best value out there regardless if you need a mic or not...but it's got one and it works with every phone.  I'm probably going to buy another if it goes on sale again 
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,774 of 2,697
thank you guys, they really do look good though the remote is problematic it only has 1 button and no volume buttons .. and she use it a lot for sport so she need the option of more control, even if there is a remote with next song and last song it would be even better, 
the only disadvantage i read a lot about the klipsch have problem with weight and the isolation of the cable when it touch the body you can hear  a lot of disturbance.. i wonder how bad is it ? :\ 
another important thing she want is for them to isolate both ways, so people won't hear her music and she won't hear them.. any suggestions?

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #1,775 of 2,697
  thank you guys, they really do look good though the remote is problematic it only has 1 button and no volume buttons .. and she use it a lot for sport so she need the option of more control, even if there is a remote with next song and last song it would be even better, 
the only disadvantage i read a lot about the klipsch have problem with weight and the isolation of the cable when it touch the body you can hear  a lot of disturbance.. i wonder how bad is it ? :\ 
another important thing she want is for them to isolate both ways, so people won't hear her music and she won't hear them.. any suggestions?

This seems to have a deep insertion:
http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-EREK-3-BLACK-EtyKids-Safe-Listening/dp/B005TOV0ME/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385760317
Its review should be in here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-303-iems-compared-noble-4s-added-11-28-13-p-813

edit: What does she use to play music? Usually you can long press/double press the volume button to skip track

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #1,776 of 2,697
300Ω impedance o_0  she like to listen to more than average volume so this one won't be good.
she use iPhone 4..

i am sorry for jumping to different topics, now i want to ask again about the gr07 BE,  i got a chance to listen today to the ATH-m50 
amazing sound quality and bass, i know they are over ear and the gr07BE are in ear, but is it possible that the bass and depth of sound of the ath-m50 will be also in the gr07BE ? 

thanks.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #1,777 of 2,697

Hey bud
I have both the s4 and the 07be. I really love the s4s inline mic btw and sound is enjoyable (colored, bloated, not heavily detailed, etc. but enjoyable). Weight is great - really light - and isolation solid. Yea, it has microphonics, but wearing them over ear solves for that. Plus, this gives better isolation.
Nusho

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #1,778 of 2,697
thank you nusho, the microphonics is heard also when hearing music or only in calls ? 
the only thing that scares me about them, she will be using then alot for walking and running.
i didn't understand why wearing them over ear solve the problem ? 

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #1,779 of 2,697
  300Ω impedance o_0  she like to listen to more than average volume so this one won't be good.

damn how could I miss that tiny info, the impedance is ridiculous.
I also agree with Nusho about wearing over ear will solve the microphonic problem (the wire stay stationary over the ear so there will be less noise), and the IEM is more secured while running. Also, the Sony MH1/MH1C get a lot of love around here.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #1,780 of 2,697
thank you nusho, the microphonics is heard also when hearing music or only in calls ? 
the only thing that scares me about them, she will be using then alot for walking and running.
i didn't understand why wearing them over ear solve the problem ? 

Yea man it stops microphonics -- I'm not too sure about the physics behind it but it works magically. You can also clip it to your shirt (comes with earbud). It stops microphonics in both calls and music, and the calls are stellar. And don't worry about impedance -- you can get the music really loud and isolation is beautiful so don't worry. If you need it fke calls, get it and sq is pretty enjoyable -- I love it's sound signature.

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,781 of 2,697
she use iPhone 4..

i am sorry for jumping to different topics, now i want to ask again about the gr07 BE,  i got a chance to listen today to the ATH-m50 
amazing sound quality and bass, i know they are over ear and the gr07BE are in ear, but is it possible that the bass and depth of sound of the ath-m50 will be also in the gr07BE ? 

thanks.

I would pick the 07be over the m50 any day -- detail, extension, and impact is lovely lol. If you like the m50 bass, you'll love the 07be -- the rumble is actually pretty great.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,782 of 2,697
Thank you guys for all your comments, for me I purchased today the gr07 BE and for my gf's i will probably get the Flux just hope they will get back in stock to amazon soon.. 
wanted to ask about the burn in process of the gr07, I have read quite a lot on this subject, just wanted to make sure I got it right about how is it done..
1) The gr07 BE burn in time is 250-300 hours  ( 7 hours at night X 40 days ? ) 
2) I should use a sound like pink noise in loop like in this site: http://simplynoise.com/, whats the difference between pink white brown ? 
3) The volume should be just a bit above my average volume sound.
4) The head phones should also rest, and so the best way to do it is just burn them all night each night and in the day just use them regularly.

any comments about 1-4 ? have I understood  it correctly ? did I miss anything ? 

Thanks.

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,783 of 2,697
  Thank you guys for all your comments, for me I purchased today the gr07 BE and for my gf's i will probably get the Flux just hope they will get back in stock to amazon soon.. 
wanted to ask about the burn in process of the gr07, I have read quite a lot on this subject, just wanted to make sure I got it right about how is it done..
1) The gr07 BE burn in time is 250-300 hours  ( 7 hours at night X 40 days ? ) 
2) I should use a sound like pink noise in loop like in this site: http://simplynoise.com/, whats the difference between pink white brown ? 
3) The volume should be just a bit above my average volume sound.
4) The head phones should also rest, and so the best way to do it is just burn them all night each night and in the day just use them regularly.

any comments about 1-4 ? have I understood  it correctly ? did I miss anything ? 

Thanks.

You shouldn't be disappointed with either...the Flux is currently on sale from the SteelSeries site: http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/flux-in-ear-headset.html I'm also waiting for them to come back in 'Prime' stock because that price is amazing 
tongue.gif
  I'd recommend letting the BE play for about 2-3 days straight beforehand, 50-75 hours should be good to start off.  You can just use music, but some prefer pink noise...I'm not sure the differences between different noise loops though.  Volume should be good a bit above average listening level.  You can just play them constantly if you want, there is no risk of damage unless the source is super loud.

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #1,784 of 2,697
  You shouldn't be disappointed with either...the Flux is currently on sale from the SteelSeries site: http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/flux-in-ear-headset.html I'm also waiting for them to come back in 'Prime' stock because that price is amazing 
tongue.gif
  I'd recommend letting the BE play for about 2-3 days straight beforehand, 50-75 hours should be good to start off.  You can just use music, but some prefer pink noise...I'm not sure the differences between different noise loops though.  Volume should be good a bit above average listening level.  You can just play them constantly if you want, there is no risk of damage unless the source is super loud.

Thanks you,  just 2 more question:
1) does it matter from what source will i use to do the burn in ? ( i have iriver ihp120, laptop, vsx 521 receiver, iPhone 4)
2) I read that the quality of the music I use during burn in is also important, does 192 bit is enough or I should use 320, flac etc.  ? and how about using something like soundcloud? 

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #1,785 of 2,697
My take is that the source doesn't really matter.

I can't comment on the bitrate though. For me, I used Adobe audition to create my burn-in file and put it on loop for the entire duration. Maybe someone else can comment on the bitrate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back