Vsonic GR06 Review
Sep 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #331 of 385
They are great little phones!
Amazing sounding vocals and the detail is very good but for electronic music its not the right sound so I had to get the Basso's and now the Meelec EDM Universe. Basso dont have as good detail as the GR06s but they are more fun sounding.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #333 of 385

Works well and is, like the rest of the IEM, very nicely put together, but I did get mine about half a year ago, so it's not exactly recent.

thanks for the reply! i can't believe they are already being discontinued?! from the sounds of things... i'm sorta waiting for my klipsch s4 to break! these seem the midcentric sound i've been waiting for!

but on the other hand from people's accounts its more a dry sounding mids
i love the liquid mids of the klipsch x7i mannn i decisions

any websites you guys recommend getting them from (gr06 i mean) i'm always wary of chinese websites, (often fake) even though i'm chinese myself hahaha

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #335 of 385
amazon.ca seems to have a pair altough they are charging almost double what mine cost 14 months ago.

In all honesty, warranties are void unless bought from a VSonic Authorized Dealer, so you're better off looking for one of those - although if they are discontinued (as I suspect and as is hinted at by VSonics website) then it may not matter haha.

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #336 of 385
I have recently purchased this and did burn-in with my personal music for about 40 hours. I have to say that with all these fabulous reviews and how excellent GR06 is, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of clarity and a little muddiness. The question I want to ask is how much improvement will there be from burn-in process of 40 hours to maybe 100 hours? Anyone who have used this for many months, could you please reply about the improvement? Thanks!

Sep 6, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #339 of 385
not being a spammer but i need a few advice. i have my gr06 for about a month now. i cant seem to appreciate it. it is good sounding, i know that. but for me the mids are too forward and loud that it covers up the highs. turning the volume down will make me try to find the highs more. is it the genre im listening to? my music taste is pretty main stream, mumford & sons, adele, the beatles, i listen to some classical pieces, and i can say they are great for piano pieces, but thats all i can give them. im not saying they sound bad, its just i think i can get better sound for the same price. can you help me appreciate it? i know it sounds stupid but, you know, i want to enjoy it
smile.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #340 of 385
I'd try passing it through an eq (try boosting thr 14KHz region), or a portable amp, like the  FiiO E6 to see if that helps tighten it up. I could never describe them as muddy though, infact I found them to be more on the analytical side.

Sep 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #341 of 385
I'd try passing it through an eq (try boosting thr 14KHz region), or a portable amp, like the  FiiO E6
to see if that helps tighten it up. I could never
describe them as muddy though, infact I
found them to be more on the analytical side.

What setting did u use on the e6 to "remedy this problem" ?

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #343 of 385
okay decision time,

so i heard vsonic is revamping their lineup,

does anyone know if the gr06 is getting revamped?

i'm debating right now if i should just pull the trigger on the gr06 right now, i never had a midcentric sound signature iem before, really intrigued me

but thing is 
i bought the re400 around july-august the 
bought the monster turbines (original) late september (used) but still

i dun really want to spend money if i can help it.

if their revamping the gr06 and anyone knows roughly when it be appreciated

ALSO second question: should i just pull the trigger on it right now? the look of it looks so classy and professional- stage monitor plus the pivoting eartip, and the HUGE ASSORTMENT OF EARTIPS and earguide too.

okayyy back down to earth

should i get em? or wait for the new ones? their 59$ on ebay right now from bigbargainstore(ssold like 700 of em think their pretty good but let me know where you got urs

thx guys

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #344 of 385
I got my gr07 be from Www.lendmeurears.com and they have gr06 from what I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back