Vsonic GR06 Review
Nov 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #301 of 385
It's very hard to tell with the 06's because its sound is so dependent on the right fit. I've had them for a couple months now (I think?) and still have trouble with this. The hifiman biflanges are a great upgrade, but getting the right fit and seal is freakin' hard. But, they stay on me when I'm exercising and sound good enough for $55 that I don't worry much over it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #302 of 385
The drop off in sound is quite noticeable. With the volume at my normal listening level I cannot hear any sound through the right ear piece, but if I turn the volume up there is still some sound coming through.

It's not an issue with the seal, as when I hold the ear pieces against my ears, without inserting them, the difference is still noticeable.

With the first pair the problem seemed to vary, sometimes it sounded a bit lower and other times it was fine. With the second pair the level dropped off and has stayed constant.

I note that a reviewer on Amazon complained that the right ear piece went silent after about two months.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #303 of 385
  Same thing happened to mine after just 2 and a half months. Returned them for a new pair and closing in on 3 months now with no issues. The store owner has stopped selling them now and told me if it happened again, he will apply what i paid towards another product.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #304 of 385
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm just glad I bought from an authorised dealer. The dealer says that the GR06's have a very low RMA and that I've just been unlucky.

I've asked if they would consider swapping them out for the GR04's, which they're currently selling for the same price, but they haven't responded yet. I did say that I would accept another set of GR06's but, given how slow they are to respond emails, that's if they respond at all, I'm beginning to wonder if I should just ask for a refund.

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #306 of 385
Quote:
  Same thing happened to mine after just 2 and a half months. Returned them for a new pair and closing in on 3 months now with no issues. The store owner has stopped selling them now and told me if it happened again, he will apply what i paid towards another product.

Just a few days after my post, the replacement pair developed the same issue 
angry_face.gif
 and i returned them for a full refund. No more Vsonic products for this cat!

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #307 of 385
Quote:
The drop off in sound is quite noticeable. With the volume at my normal listening level I cannot hear any sound through the right ear piece, but if I turn the volume up there is still some sound coming through.

It's not an issue with the seal, as when I hold the ear pieces against my ears, without inserting them, the difference is still noticeable.

With the first pair the problem seemed to vary, sometimes it sounded a bit lower and other times it was fine. With the second pair the level dropped off and has stayed constant.

I note that a reviewer on Amazon complained that the right ear piece went silent after about two months.

Quote:

Quote:

Just a few days after my post, the replacement pair developed the same issue 
angry_face.gif
 and i returned them for a full refund. No more Vsonic products for this cat!

I've had the same issue twice this year. I cleaned the nozzle grill thoroughly then it's back to normal.

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #309 of 385
the sound

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #310 of 385
I'm having issues with getting a good fit on my left earbud. I keep adjusting the nozzle but I can't find that sweet spot. As for my right ear, somehow it's perfect since I bought it. Totally disappears after I wear it.

Any advice? My left ear is kinda uncomfortable now after continually putting and removing the earpiece.

exactly the same problem with me. no matter how much i try with different tips, i am not getting that sweet spot for my left ear piece and i always need to put a finger on it to hold in their. if remove the finger its gone and the volume level drops so much
frown.gif
. and there's always some click-click sound while adjusting them around(if by any chance could that be driver-flex or something??). though i like its sound a lot when for a fraction of time i get that sweet spot.

Has anybody else encountered problems with these earphones?

I first noticed that the sound level through the right ear piece varied significantly, sometimes it was much lower than through the left one, sometimes there was no sound at all and sometimes the sound was fine. This did not appear to be a cabling issue, as moving the cable had no effect. 

I returned the earphones and got a replacement set.

After only five weeks, the second set have the same problem. The sound through the right ear piece is much lower than through the left one. I have tried different music sources, holding the ear pieces against the opposite ears, just to make sure it wasn’t my hearing, but the problem is still there. 

It’s even more apparent when the volume is turned up to higher levels than I would normally use.

same thing with me with the left ear piece and its so annoying
angry_face.gif
 . cant return as i got it used from someone.

It's very hard to tell with the 06's because its sound is so dependent on the right fit. I've had them for a couple months now (I think?) and still have trouble with this. The hifiman biflanges are a great upgrade, but getting the right fit and seal is freakin' hard. But, they stay on me when I'm exercising and sound good enough for $55 that I don't worry much over it.

was so happy to get them after my SM E30s as they sound decently better in overall sound and i liked it a lot but i guess i have to get back to my e30s as for me gr06 is too hard to find a good fit untill i find the hifiman biflanges. hoping for those biflanges to work great if i find a pair.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #312 of 385
Quote:
was so happy to get them after my SM E30s as they sound decently better in overall sound and i liked it a lot but i guess i have to get back to my e30s as for me gr06 is too hard to find a good fit untill i find the hifiman biflanges. hoping for those biflanges to work great if i find a pair.

I haven't been listening to my gr06's as much. They sound nice, but are too difficult to get a 'good fit' quickly and for me have been more work than I'd like in an IEM. I'm not sure I'll sell mine, though. Being mid-centric and described by a few reviewers as 'warm', I'd like to compare them to other IEMs when I eventually get more.

One cable not staying over my ear very well is giving me OCD fits though.
redface.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #313 of 385
Quote:

I haven't been listening to my gr06's as much. They sound nice, but are too difficult to get a 'good fit' quickly and for me have been more work than I'd like in an IEM. I'm not sure I'll sell mine, though. Being mid-centric and described by a few reviewers as 'warm', I'd like to compare them to other IEMs when I eventually get more.

One cable not staying over my ear very well is giving me OCD fits though.
redface.gif

yeah i have to always use the cable guides or one of mine doesnt stay in place. ive heard the same for many ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back