Vsonic GR06 Review
Oct 15, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #286 of 385
Quote:
Got mine in yesterday, and holy tips Batman. Anyone have a convenient guide describing the difference between the tips? There are a lot of them, some awfully similar in size.

the key thing is getting the best fit and then going from there.  as a rule, foam things add bass, diminish treble. otherwise just paly about with them and see what works for your ears.

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #288 of 385
mine arrived today and i concur that they are disappointing without burn in. im sure they will get much better as mark has pointed out

and of galactical importance... mine has a chin slider. im still trying to figure out what it means

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #289 of 385
You are the chosen one.

We're not worthy, we're not worthy :)

Mine have chin slider too. 

Don't listen to them, just burn in for as long as you can. Mine are much, much improved. Bass quality is better, but still a bit lumpy for my liking. Although the type of bass I like costs a lot of money generally.

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #290 of 385
Quote:
You are the chosen one.

We're not worthy, we're not worthy :)

Mine have chin slider too. 

Don't listen to them, just burn in for as long as you can. Mine are much, much improved. Bass quality is better, but still a bit lumpy for my liking. Although the type of bass I like costs a lot of money generally.

yeah, its burning right now.
im the chosen one? does that mean im gonna be darth vader soon? :p

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #291 of 385
Hifiman bi flanges make a huge, positive difference in SQ for me; it's incredible how different certain tips make the 06's sound. They're also (surprisingly) more comfortable than the included larger tips and bi flanges, even if they seat a bit deeper.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #292 of 385
Quote:
Hifiman bi flanges make a huge, positive difference in SQ for me; it's incredible how different certain tips make the 06's sound. They're also (surprisingly) more comfortable than the included larger tips and bi flanges, even if they seat a bit deeper.

thanks for the info ^^

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #293 of 385
I was wondering if anyone else's GR06 cable seemed to have a mind of its own. The cable leading to the right earpiece doesn't seem to enjoy staying behind my ear.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #294 of 385
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone else's GR06 cable seemed to have a mind of its own. The cable leading to the right earpiece doesn't seem to enjoy staying behind my ear.

have the exact same problem with the left ear

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #296 of 385
I'm having issues with getting a good fit on my left earbud. I keep adjusting the nozzle but I can't find that sweet spot. As for my right ear, somehow it's perfect since I bought it. Totally disappears after I wear it.

Any advice? My left ear is kinda uncomfortable now after continually putting and removing the earpiece.

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #300 of 385
Has anybody else encountered problems with these earphones?

I first noticed that the sound level through the right ear piece varied significantly, sometimes it was much lower than through the left one, sometimes there was no sound at all and sometimes the sound was fine. This did not appear to be a cabling issue, as moving the cable had no effect. 

I returned the earphones and got a replacement set.

After only five weeks, the second set have the same problem. The sound through the right ear piece is much lower than through the left one. I have tried different music sources, holding the ear pieces against the opposite ears, just to make sure it wasn’t my hearing, but the problem is still there. 

It’s even more apparent when the volume is turned up to higher levels than I would normally use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back