Vsonic GR06 Review
May 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #166 of 385
Quote:
another question about these...

I don't know if there is a technical term for it, but do these earphones have noise when connected & nothing is playing?

I didn't experience it from my iPhone 4 or Fiio E10.

May 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #169 of 385
ph34r.gif

May 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #170 of 385
Quote:
i got some from ebay seller in HK and had 100% feedback and sold 115 according to ebay but got them today and there was no seal, the inner box was upside down. Could it be a used set?

No, my guess you bought them from BigBarginsonline?  if so all his sets come that way, He checks them all before shipping. I've bought 3 sets off him and they all came upside down...LOL

May 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #172 of 385
I think there's driver flex on my GR06. I hear crinkling/popping noises every time I insert them into my ear. I thought it was the silicone tips at first, but I hear the same sounds with foams. Anyone else experience the same thing?

May 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #173 of 385
I did buy from him yes.
Oh ok thats ok then.
thanks
Im disappointed about lack of bass compared to Mele M6.

If you wanted a bass heavy IEM then I'm sorry you purchased the wrong set....they are mid centric. I wouldn't call them bass light but bass is not the emphasis.

May 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #174 of 385
mid centric for sure, and as you say definetley not  lacking in bass.  I have the meelec m6 and thes completley destroy them in every area i can think of.  No if i want thumping bass i use the jvc xx and for most other music my gr06 have replaced my pfe112 (which i think speaks volume for them.)

May 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #176 of 385
Quote:
I dont think the M6s are classed as bass heavy. So I am comparing it to them.
I know they wont have as much bass as Monster Turbines or sennheiser.

Do they need burning in?

The M6 is bass heavy, the turbines are bass heavier.

When I had the GR06 it definitely had a good bit of bass. Maybe you're not getting a good seal.

May 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #177 of 385
Quote:

The M6 is bass heavy, the turbines are bass heavier.

When I had the GR06 it definitely had a good bit of bass. Maybe you're not getting a good seal.

Ah ok.
When I asked in my thread on best headphones under $100 for electronic music I was told by most people to get the GR06.
I do notice better soundstage and detail on them. I will try some of the other sized tips to see if bass improves.
I dont want just heavy bass, I prefer bass but with clarity and detail. 

May 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #179 of 385
No other headphones in this category touch the soundstage of the gr06's.If you are into electronic or anything which benefits from a wide stage though these are great.   But it's true, the bass can leave a little to be desired depending upon what type of music you listen to.  Also, I have not found a headphone in this class that doesn't distort at high volumes. This one does not. I would recommend them big time

May 21, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #180 of 385
Ah ok.
When I asked in my thread on best headphones under $100 for electronic music I was told by most people to get the GR06.
I do notice better soundstage and detail on them. I will try some of the other sized tips to see if bass improves.
I dont want just heavy bass, I prefer bass but with clarity and detail. 

As much as I love the GR06, and I do, I'm not sure I would have advised them for EDM. Having said that is depends on the content....if there are vocals in the track the GR06 will shine, but if not I believe other IEM's would be better suited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back