Vsonic GR06 Review
May 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #151 of 385
Haha, good to be back indeed, esp. when it's time to get another IEM! The GR06 sounds good and after the PA's and what we both thought of the XSR's, there's no reason not to trust you :)
Almost time to cash that Vsonic check lol. Only need to wait till frogbeats have it back in stock.

This is what I want to know too. And are they fast? How do they hold up when listening to rock songs, how well does the GR06 holds it composure during busy tracks?

Yeah bit unlucky with timing really, they used to be £32 @ Frogbeats but supply and demand and all that!
Rock is really their 'thing', as said vocals and guitars sound lush and full, they hold up great when it gets busy....they have better seperation than the PA's so it's easier to pick out instruments and the soundtage is more '3D'.

Im in the UK! How do you fancy trying out the crystals? I will be reviewing the GR06s if i can loan them but will not be ready for a couple of weeks as i am reviewing some TF10s that i have on loan. Sorry if you think i am being picky ahaha.

I would really appreciate it though !

Yeah I could be up for that, was interested in the crystals a while back. PM me and we can go from there.

May 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #152 of 385
Quote:
seriously!!!!  

CABLE CINCH DIY

small size cable tie.  attatch to desired size.  remove excess.  i can assure you this works just as well as any other tie i have had.

I use the guides for training in both triathlon and muay thai.   I would say they are more stable with them.  Very comfy phones for such a use with the right tips.

Simple and brilliant.

May 9, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #153 of 385
Quote:
Yeah bit unlucky with timing really, they used to be £32 @ Frogbeats but supply and demand and all that!
Rock is really their 'thing', as said vocals and guitars sound lush and full, they hold up great when it gets busy....they have better seperation than the PA's so it's easier to pick out instruments and the soundtage is more '3D'.

Last question about these. You already mentioned the bass, which goes deeper than the PA's. What do you think of the treble compared to the PA's? Better? Similar? I do remember Joker saying it was the weaker aspect of the PA's and could use some more sparkle.

Wow, imo the PA's already have great separation and soundstage. If these GR06 are even better, damn. Frogbeats better hurry up! But it seems most of their stuff are out of stock :/ Maybe I should look elsewhere, on eBay or something, but that would take much longer to arrive.

May 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #154 of 385
It isn't slow just slower than the ProAlpha, which seemed pretty quick to me.

A/B testing these now and I must admit my original opinion of the bass based on memory is not correct. They both extend to similiar levels, the ProAlpha presents the bass further forward though....so it's felt rather than analysed...and I actualy think the GR06 is quicker. Sorry for causing any confusion, brains been muddled from listening to GR07 constantly :p

Tiger, be aware that the signatures are quite different. The PA's are more balanced and the GR06 is mid centric, if your mainly a rock man you'll be happy but for EDM DnB etc I think the PA's are probably better suited.

May 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #155 of 385
Last question about these. You already mentioned the bass, which goes deeper than the PA's. What do you think of the treble compared to the PA's? Better? Similar? I do remember Joker saying it was the weaker aspect of the PA's and could use some more sparkle.

Wow, imo the PA's already have great separation and soundstage. If these GR06 are even better, damn. Frogbeats better hurry up! But it seems most of their stuff are out of stock :/ Maybe I should look elsewhere, on eBay or something, but that would take much longer to arrive.

Treble is better, not sure extention is any better but the way it's presented is. Retrieval and layering is excellent, I heard things in tracks I hadn't heard on the PA's.....it's not that they weren't there before it's just easier to pick out on the GR06.

Yeah speration is definately better, the overall soundstage impression isn't that much different but this is due to the forward mids, layering is better and this gives the added air.

May 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #156 of 385
Quote:
A/B testing these now and I must admit my original opinion of the bass based on memory is not correct. They both extend to similiar levels, the ProAlpha presents the bass further forward though....so it's felt rather than analysed...and I actualy think the GR06 is quicker. Sorry for causing any confusion, brains been muddled from listening to GR07 constantly
tongue.gif

Tiger, be aware that the signatures are quite different. The PA's are more balanced and the GR06 is mid centric, if your mainly a rock man you'll be happy but for EDM DnB etc I think the PA's are probably better suited.

Quote:
Treble is better, not sure extention is any better but the way it's presented is. Retrieval and layering is excellent, I heard things in tracks I hadn't heard on the PA's.....it's not that they weren't there before it's just easier to pick out on the GR06.
Yeah speration is definately better, the overall soundstage impression isn't that much different but this is due to the forward mids, layering is better and this gives the added air.

I listen to a lot of different genre's, I actually only have a couple of rock albums on my player, not much at all. But most of the time I put my player on shuffle and hated it how the Xears Resonance couldn't handle those songs. So it started from there that everytime I buy a new IEM I had to ask the same questions. Maybe i'll take your other suggestion and go straight for the GR07. I'll think about it. Thanks NF for your impressions, I really appreciate it.

May 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #157 of 385
Quote:
seriously!!!!  

CABLE CINCH DIY

small size cable tie.  attatch to desired size.  remove excess.  i can assure you this works just as well as any other tie i have had.

I use the guides for training in both triathlon and muay thai.   I would say they are more stable with them.  Very comfy phones for such a use with the right tips.

Good idea. I just used the twist tie that was wrapped around the GR06. Probably not as stable as a cable tie, but it seems to be doing the job.

May 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #159 of 385

I said screw it and ordered from ebay, frogbeats didn't even return my email

May 10, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #160 of 385
Quote:
A/B testing these now and I must admit my original opinion of the bass based on memory is not correct. They both extend to similiar levels, the ProAlpha presents the bass further forward though....so it's felt rather than analysed...and I actualy think the GR06 is quicker. Sorry for causing any confusion, brains been muddled from listening to GR07 constantly
tongue.gif

please ignore

May 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #161 of 385
Quote:

lendmeurears.com have the GR06 in stock and they are cheaper than frogbeats I think.

May 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #163 of 385
Quote:
Apart from the fact frogbeats raised the price £6 they never answered to me when it'll be available again

Most places will raise the prices as its going up in China so might reflect everywhere.
Cheapest I found for is £40 on eBay from HK seller.
Will take 10 days to come but no other choice sadly for me.

May 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #165 of 385
Quote:
another question about these...

I don't know if there is a technical term for it, but do these earphones have noise when connected & nothing is playing?

The technical term is "hiss", and it also depends on your source... but generally, Earphone with high Sensitivity will hiss more...
I don't know about GR06 though... maybe someone who own it can help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back