Vsonic GR06 Review
Feb 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #361 of 385

better is a subjective word yeah?  

That's an old post but yeah, technically the VSD1S is better. Now, you can't beat personal preference with technical capability, so there will always be people who will prefer iems that you don't consider that good just because they like the signature and the presentation more. The gr06 was a great iem at the time but the problem was that gr04 flagship was out at the same time and for more than half a year cost less even though it's easily the better iem. I kinda feel it's a shame that so many people got confused by the vsonic's naming and the pricing and went for the gr06 instead missing out on the $50 gr04 flagship.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #362 of 385
better is a subjective word yeah?  

Agreed but i asked joker about the same quedtion after i had the re400. I wanted something a bit more durable i can take on the go, the cable on the re400 has me concerned. But he also recommended me the vsd 1s as well. Stating it was a cheap alternative to the gr07 having tighter bass and a more extended treble while having strong but less forward mids > gr06.

But instead i saw a used gr07 be for cheap and i jumped on that ($100) great deal imo

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #363 of 385
Agreed but i asked joker about the same quedtion after i had the re400. I wanted something a bit more durable i can take on the go, the cable on the re400 has me concerned. But he also recommended me the vsd 1s as well. Stating it was a cheap alternative to the gr07 having tighter bass and a more extended treble while having strong but less forward mids > gr06.

But instead i saw a used gr07 be for cheap and i jumped on that ($100) great deal imo

so like i said, subjective

good deal on the gr07

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #364 of 385
so like i said, subjective

good deal on the gr07

Thanks but really anything we say here in terms of sound quality is subjective, except for reading the actual frequency response, but that doesnt trll u the whole picture. Both are probably really good iems in their own right but because of the tighter bass and more extended treble i would think the vsd 1s would be more friendly towards more genres. But that extended treble if its as similar tocthe gr07 be can get fatiguing after a while( this is really if ur listening to them for a long time) the smoother rolled off treble on the gr06 would be less fatiguing but yes ymmv

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #365 of 385

Vsonic GR06 Review

Thanks to Frogbeats for the sample

Microphonics:  None.  However there is no chin slider if that matters to you.

Accessories:  Full marks for the inclusion of just about every tip there is that would fit them.  What’s not full marks is the bag they give instead of a real case.  What’s worse it’s that it’s not some cheap stupid baggie it has some weird clasping thing that surely much have cost at least as much to produce.  Please Vsonic, id really much rather the little hard case back.

My GR06 arrived 4 days ago and have the chin slider, different box and 17 pairs of tips. Brought from Bigbargainonline. Also it have a pouch but not leather, more like velour.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #367 of 385
  with a drawstring?  if so maybe they have swapped to to using the one they used to give with the gr99

still, i hope you like them.

This little in ear headphones are not perfect and not in the level of my HD558 but are GREAT! it have the sound quality that i want. I think the sound quality remains the same in older and new batches. For 63 Shipped anywhere is quite a steal.

May 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #370 of 385
May 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #371 of 385
oh.

not to put you off the GR06 but....... if its that price, have you thought of looking to see if you can still find a GR04 Pro?  it was actually a step up from the 6 but due to absurd namings it basically flopped and its price dropped like a stone.  not thta 6 is bad at $60 its a great little IEM.  tbh everything that ive heard out of Vsonic has been more than good sounding and good value too.

May 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #372 of 385
oh.

not to put you off the GR06 but....... if its that price, have you thought of looking to see if you can still find a GR04 Pro?  it was actually a step up from the 6 but due to absurd namings it basically flopped and its price dropped like a stone.  not thta 6 is bad at $60 its a great little IEM.  tbh everything that ive heard out of Vsonic has been more than good sounding and good value too.

Oh I know, I have the GR 07 BE. I was just looking into getting a companion ie for every day use, and I though the GR 06 (or the NVX) would be a good choice, since I don't need such a detailed ie when I'm commuting, but I like their form factor. I also wanted something relatively easy to drive from my itouch, and I heard the GR 04 is harder to drive. I'll look into them though.

May 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #373 of 385
yeah the 4 pro with the higher impedance like a bit of power, there was a lower impedance version too but it i never tried.  supposedly they were the same bar impedance.

sound wise the 4pro is much more like the normal 7.  the 6 is a warmer sound.  not heard the BE so cant say how it compares to it so its possible the 6 may be more what your accustomed to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back