VOTE: Headphones or earphones?
May 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 44
What in particular you want to know? They serve different people with different purpose, though I am kind of a IEM-guy
regular_smile .gif

May 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 44
headphones make me sweat; they are heavy, uncomfortable......

May 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 44
IEM for me. Even though headphones sound staging is better, IEMs are so light, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything, which makes the illusion more realistic. Sold off my HD650 after a year not because they sounded bad. They were one of the most comfortable headphones I've tried, but still heavy.

May 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by BangOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can I make a vote?

You could have started this thread with a poll...

May 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 44
i think the answer should be pretty obvious since the majority of the people who visit this subforums uses iem's.

May 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 44
If you ask at this IEM subforum, probably everyone will tell you IEM is better. If you ask this at headphone subforum, probably everyone will tell you headphone is better.

May 4, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #12 of 44
???

I don't really think it's sensible to claim headphones or earphones are generally better. That's probably why no one's made a thread about it before. Each has unique purposes. Also, a good set of headphones is typically cheaper than earphones of comparable quality. At the top-end of audio, headphones dominate reference audio gear. Musicians need the small-profile and obscurity IEMs provide. A producer working primarily with string instruments might pick an electrostatic over anything else.

IMO, ear buds are the best
biggrin.gif
Portable, comfortable, have less markup. Yuin PK3s are the best you can get at $40 without modding.

May 5, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 44
Personally, I would pick earphones. I listen to music a lot outside of my home and having my music with me wherever I go is a must. Sometimes I wish that I owned a pair of full sized cans for comfort reasons and ease of use while at home but I'm alright with IEMs.

May 5, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #14 of 44
Earphones. Portability and not looking ridiculous in public is a huge plus..

of course this poll is ridiculous because you're just asking us to vote on unrelated stuff for no reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back