Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #76 of 873
I received my unit last week and will look to compare it to my RSA Intruder.  My non SQ impressions for the time being:

-Purchasing this online was a breeze.  Vorzuge has an introductory discount of 5% off.  It arrived 40 hours after I made the purchase online.  The 7 day refund guarantee was also a great selling point.

-The Pure II has a tiny footprint.  Its a tad shorter than the AK120.  On the other hand, the Intruder is slightly taller than the AK120.  The Intruder is also noticeably sturdier and a bit heavier.  Hence, as a stack with the AK120, the Pure II feels more comfortable in my jacket pocket than it is with the Intruder.  But, the Intruder does have balanced input/output and USB input, so I can see why it is  bigger

-The quality of the finish seems to be better on the Intruder, although I'm not complaining about the finish of the Pure II.  My black version looks very sleek

-I love the fact that the Pure II can be charged via micro USB!

-I have experience interference when my cell phone is within a foot or so around the Pure II.  The RF entry key for my building also interferes with the Pure II when its placed close by, but only when the RF key is communicating (pure guess).  Not sure if this happens with anyone else?  I have not experienced the same with the Intruder, so potentially the Intruder have more shielding than the Pure II

-Having said the above, the Intruder is more expensive than the Pure II, so it may not be fair to compare the two on the build quality directly

-Sound quality wise, I'm letting the Pure II burn in a bit more first, but the sound is great already! 

(my account does not seem to allow me to post pictures, oh well)

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #77 of 873
Can other users with the Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II confirm this "interference"?

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #79 of 873
frown.gif
  Well there no free lunches....

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #81 of 873

yes, there is cell phone "interference" at times

I use an iPod/CLAS with mine, so no interference.  But strangely, I had my portable RSA amp powered on a couple of inches from the Pure II and one of the channels was cutting out. Turned the RSA off, cut out was gone!  Ultimately, I'm loving this amp more and more, and it does, IMO, benefit from burn in.  Wasn't overly impressed in the first 5 or 6 hours, but it has been developing texture and detail as I play on.  And it is quiet, wow!

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #82 of 873

It's really not that bad though! Don't let that small factor deter you from trying this outstanding amp.

And its the small factor and its outstanding performance that got me interested in.

Problem is I'm planning my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 as my universal media player (Video, Music, Streaming etc).

Kind me worried there (interference).

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #83 of 873
Ok will give a try when my Mentors and Geek Out comes with in this month. Thanks!

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #84 of 873
I'm full on in love with mine now!

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #86 of 873
  FiascoGarcia,  what IEMs/Cans are you using at current stage? At what position is the gain switch offering you best results.

I'm using the Parterre's I purchased from you with low gain. I don't play very high volume, usually the 8 to 10 o'clock position.  Only other phone I've used so far is the HD600 at medium gain played at around 10 to 11 o'clock.  You can turn the volume pot very low and retain clarity with no imbalance.  My ears just can't take high volumes any more.

Mar 11, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #87 of 873
In their reply just before my purchase about this possible humming of their pure 2, i was told that now the pure 2 is RF/wifi immunity - I guess the techincal term means it is ok now.
never mind, just received my vorzuge pure 2 yesterday. was always sure their amplifyer will be good, only a bit concern about the RF dinggy.
The music is perfect with DAC of mine, tested quite vigorously using the wifi / rf (you tube, heavy video movies ).... believe me it is clear with no inteferences.
They must have tweaked it after knowing the comments. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #88 of 873
Thanks for the update. Now I'm really tempted .... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #89 of 873
In their reply just before my purchase about this possible humming of their pure 2, i was told that now the pure 2 is RF/wifi immunity - I guess the techincal term means it is ok now.
never mind, just received my vorzuge pure 2 yesterday. was always sure their amplifyer will be good, only a bit concern about the RF dinggy.
The music is perfect with DAC of mine, tested quite vigorously using the wifi / rf (you tube, heavy video movies ).... believe me it is clear with no inteferences.
They must have tweaked it after knowing the comments. 

That's great news, I've only purchase mine 2 weeks ago and I do confirm now there's no shortage of interferences after I've been carry it around with me. MIT interferes with my cell phone (I notice every time I receive a whatsapp), with my iPad 4G, and with my building's RF key fob. I've now gave up using it with me on the go, and is only using it at home, which I've yet to get any interference with wifi.

Maybe I got an old batch and I will speak to their customer service about it. What a pity because mine is just starting to sound really good after about a hundred hours. Tight and control bass, it's indeed very pure!

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #90 of 873
That's great news, I've only purchase mine 2 weeks ago and I do confirm now there's no shortage of interferences after I've been carry it around with me. MIT interferes with my cell phone (I notice every time I receive a whatsapp), with my iPad 4G, and with my building's RF key fob. I've now gave up using it with me on the go, and is only using it at home, which I've yet to get any interference with wifi.

Maybe I got an old batch and I will speak to their customer service about it. What a pity because mine is just starting to sound really good after about a hundred hours. Tight and control bass, it's indeed very pure!

i can understand how it feels not having the puRe2 with you.
they response fast though, perhaps ask for some kind of help...who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back