Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
May 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #136 of 873
I use it with the TH900 and it drives it very well.  I usually have it on medium gain and using high gain, it can get to deafening levels.  Great synergy as well.  

May 1, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #138 of 873
  Cool. Thanks. Thinking of getting a portable amp to do double duty instead of a desktop amp. 

I find the Pure II to be very versatile and works well with iem's and headphones.  I've rid of all my portable amps and will be sticking only with the Pure II.  I never expected it to have the driving power it has either.  Great amp.  

May 1, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #139 of 873
  DUET I borrowed for 3-5 weeks. Amazing amp. Both are great and the sound signature, while not the same, trends to similar veins. Both drive earphones perfectly, and both have very low noise floors and great control over L/R and balance. So... do you need balanced? Do you need the longer battery life of the DUET? Do you need the compact size of the V? That should be the questions you ask first. Both are great and deserve praise.

Thanks. I do not need balanced, but as I already have the CLAS and if indeed both Duet and Pure have similar performance it would make sense for me to get the Duet. My only worry is with the SE 846 w/c is extra sensitive the Duet might hiss due to its greater power.

May 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #144 of 873
  The PURE II is a much better form factor and is easier to use. Both have great sound signatures. Both are favourites of mine.

Do you mind comparing in more detail the sound signature of Pure II vs. Duet. When  I briefly auditioned the Duet I felt its top end was a bit rolled off but not sure on this as it was just a brief session. As the Shure 846 I use is already slightly on the lush / warm side, I would not want to pair this with a warmish amp. Currently I use the neutral iqube amp w/c matches sonically with the Shure, but like to get a bit more resolution and refinement from this new generation portable amps.

May 6, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #145 of 873
Could current owners of the Pure II please confirm how many hours of burn-in time is needed before the amp settles down. I am using mine with iems and closed back headphones together with my AK120 but I cannot find any difference in sound quality between using the AK120 on it's own or with the Pure II connected. The amp only has about 30 hours running time on it so far.

May 6, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #146 of 873
AK120+Pure2+SE846

Any recommendation for 3.5mm mini to mini cable and earphone cable to improve the sweetness of female vocal?
Now using all original cable and pure2 run in only about 10 hours. Everything is fine for pop and classic.

May 6, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #147 of 873
Could current owners of the Pure II please confirm how many hours of burn-in time is needed before the amp settles down. I am using mine with iems and closed back headphones together with my AK120 but I cannot find any difference in sound quality between using the AK120 on it's own or with the Pure II connected. The amp only has about 30 hours running time on it so far.

AK120+Pure2+SE846

Any recommendation for 3.5mm mini to mini cable and earphone cable to improve the sweetness of female vocal?
Now using all original cable and pure2 run in only about 10 hours. Everything is fine for pop and classic.

I put about 100 hours in when I started getting a little more of a lush sound from the Pure II.  I came from an RSA amp, so I lean towards that type of SQ.  It also seemed to smooth and make the bass, mids , and treble more coherent.  I love the sound now (though it suited me from the start), as it provides more clarity over the RSA. I use the Pure II as an iem amp mostly.  As far as cables, I'm using an Uber cable, which does add a little spaciousness to the overall sound. It was an awfully expensive cable, so I can't say that the law of diminishing returns warrants the price, it was an impulse buy.  Still, it's a beautiful little cable.  Anyway, another cable that I'm very impressed with, at around $65, is the AudioMinor hybrid connector.  It seems to provide the warmth in vocals that you might be looking for.  Having said all this, I'm guessing I might now get flamed over my thinking that cables make a difference! 
biggrin.gif
  Keep in mind that I think cable changes provide very subtle differences in SQ overall.

May 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #149 of 873

Price is at $465, which is a whole $100 cheaper than MSRP!

Don't want to derail this thread, but any quick impressions of the Wagnus?  I just can't get over the DIY look of those. Sorry if you already posted on a Wagnus thread.

May 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #150 of 873
I'm really interested in the pure 2. Previously I owned the amp duo, it's bass authority was the best I ever heard. Is it the same as pure 2? The best point about amp duo is the 20+ hours running time.

To Shigzeo
Have you paired pure 2 with HP-A4/ZX1 > Dita The Truth / Kaede / Donguri / Heaven 6.
I want to bring my Heaven 6 to life again. Like how amp duo did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back