Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews?
Jul 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #31 of 181
Quote:
So u dont think this LP is worth $100? in term of sound quality.

Now this is just my opinion and I don't usually go around ripping on cans but for $100 there are many better options than the LP. Even VModa's own M80 puts it to shame and can be had for not much more.
It all depends on what you're looking for in a can. What music you listen to, sound signature, portability, open or closed, around, over, or on ear, budget etc.etc. Once you figure that out then you can narrow it down.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #32 of 181
all i care is about sound quality and the bass quality. Yea i know the M-80 is better compare to the LP, but how is the bass compare to the M-80? I heard ppl say the M-80 doesn't have that much bass like the punch. I know the M-100 has really good bass but it's $300 compare to $140 on amazon for M-80.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #33 of 181
all i care is about sound quality and the bass quality. Yea i know the M-80 is better compare to the LP, but how is the bass compare to the M-80? I heard ppl say the M-80 doesn't have that much bass like the punch. I know the M-100 has really good bass but it's $300 compare to $140 on amazon for M-80.
Just a quick recommendation, try the M-Audio Q40 its been recently discontinued and can be found on eBay for less than $100. It might just fit the bill for what your looking for.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #34 of 181
http://www.head-fi.org/t/275459/m-audio-q40-impressions-long-w-pics/1140

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #36 of 181
Quote:
Yea, i usually dont buy discontinued product. I'm looking at the DT 990 Pro and the Vmoda LP right now. Trying to see which one is better.

Your loss.

IMHO get the Beyers.

Done here.

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #39 of 181
Quote:
So in your opinion, the LP sounds better than the 990 Pro? I always thought Beyer headphones have better sound quality than these Vmodas.

Nope IMO get both if you can, the Beyers need an definitely need an amp so you would have to add that in as well. But the Vmoda dosen't ^^ Actually why don't you try the Beyer COP I believe you don't need an amp for those...... ^^ 

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #40 of 181
I already tried out the COP a while ago. It sounds good, but it doesn't have that clarity as in the 990 Pro. I mean the bass was pretty good with the slider thing. Oh I already have a soundcard that has an amp built in.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #41 of 181
Quote:
I already tried out the COP a while ago. It sounds good, but it doesn't have that clarity as in the 990 Pro. I mean the bass was pretty good with the slider thing. Oh I already have a soundcard that has an amp built in.

Its not enough to power the 250ohms......(Im guessing :p)  Btw how are you going to use it? home or portable? If its just home, get the DT990+an external amp ^^

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #42 of 181
Yea mainly for home, I don't really care about the portable feature when Im buying a headphone. I know portable closed headphones are for on the go. But when I look at headphones, Im just looking for which one sounds better for the price. Like is it worth the price to buy it or not. Like let say those Beats by Dr. Dre, they're def not worth the price that they're selling at.

Um I think the Asus Xonar Essence STX and the new Sound Blaster ZxR sound cards can power 250ohm headphones fine. Maybe not enough for 600ohm ones.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #43 of 181
Quote:
Yea mainly for home, I don't really care about the portable feature when Im buying a headphone. I know portable closed headphones are for on the go. But when I look at headphones, Im just looking for which one sounds better for the price. Like is it worth the price to buy it or not. Like let say those Beats by Dr. Dre, they're def not worth the price that they're selling at.

Um I think the Asus Xonar Essence STX and the new Sound Blaster ZxR sound cards can power 250ohm headphones fine. Maybe not enough for 600ohm ones.

Well the Crossfades can be bought for around 80 dollars and the DT990 pro is double that..... Just go for the DT990 pro if your just using it at home and buy an amp if you feel that your sound card can't power it 
wink.gif
 But the Xonar Essence STX should be fine...... ^^

Jul 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #44 of 181
Hi, uhh... I'm no expert when it comes to headphones, so I was wondering if I could get some help from someone. I've had one pair of headphones before, that is my plantronics 7.1 (or something close to that) gaming headset, and those are fantastic! The only problem with them is that thet use a usb cord, so I wouldnt be able to use them with anything else but my computer. I am looking for a pair of headphones to use with my mp3 player, and I had a couple of questions to see if this is what im looking for. First off, do these also use a usb? Because if so, the, I don't need to bother with them anymore (which would suck, because I like these). Second, what is this "burning" thing, is that just using them? Like, wearing them in, or something? Finally,do they sound alright without the extra amp? Also, what is that amp? Is it like a subwoofer for headphones? Thanx for the help, and sorry if I bothered you.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #45 of 181
Quote:
Hi, uhh... I'm no expert when it comes to headphones, so I was wondering if I could get some help from someone. I've had one pair of headphones before, that is my plantronics 7.1 (or something close to that) gaming headset, and those are fantastic! The only problem with them is that thet use a usb cord, so I wouldnt be able to use them with anything else but my computer. I am looking for a pair of headphones to use with my mp3 player, and I had a couple of questions to see if this is what im looking for. First off, do these also use a usb? Because if so, the, I don't need to bother with them anymore (which would suck, because I like these). Second, what is this "burning" thing, is that just using them? Like, wearing them in, or something? Finally,do they sound alright without the extra amp? Also, what is that amp? Is it like a subwoofer for headphones? Thanx for the help, and sorry if I bothered you.

No a headphone usually has a 3.5 mm plug or an 6.5mm plug (I think 6.5) 

An amp is short for amplifier which adds more juice to the headphone. 

Burn in is just wearing in the drivers (kind of like running in a brand new car.....)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back