Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews?
May 30, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #181 of 181
i know this is an older thread but i thought i'd add my thoughts. i remember reading this post years ago after using these a bit less and revisited using them. I got these cyber monday 2012 for reference. I probably have somewhere between 3000-5000 hours on them (possibly more).

These headphones were a bit bright and boomy when i first used them. i enjoyed it but i thought they were pretty colored and not that pleasant to listen to since they just seemed a touch harsh and loud. As they've wore in the highs have reduced a bit, the bass seems a bit smoother through the sub to mid bass, and the clarity actually does seem to have improved with the bass mellowing out and the highs coming down. The detail of these headphones is definitely understated. It almost makes me think the driver in these with the dual diaphragm might be why it needs a longer burn in.

These headphones truly sound awesome, especially for it's price point, they've held up amazingly (finally replacing the stock ear cushions after 7.5 years of nearly daily use). They're still really fun sounding headphones, but they're not as boomy and bright as they were when i first got them, and that has allowed the slightly recessed mids to become a bit more audible. seriously, i do think these needed a longer burn in to get the desired sound on them and they've become great, fun, detailed headphones that are built like a tank.

I'd like to check out the m-100's or m-200's but for 80$ these have been fantastic value. I don't think they deserve all the hate they get, and i recommend others to try to let these headphones burn in to give it a full judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back