Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Aug 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #5,282 of 5,717
Well, Phoenix is warmer to begin with. I have WM1ZM2 set to DSEE Ultimate on, DC Phase Linearizer on (Type B standard), and Vinyl Processor (turntable preset) on. Don't enable DSD Remastering and also turn off Dynamic Normalizer.

If you want a more revealing "vivid" sound presentation, LPGT Ti would be the way to go as long as you don't need streaming.
Thanks your reply :D

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #5,283 of 5,717
20220806_221322.jpg

Aug 9, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #5,285 of 5,717
According to the silver cable / Phoenix question:
Are there any experiences with the EXT and silver cables? E.g. the Thor Silver II?
I own the Thor Silver II+ and I have paired it with the EXT. I actually had the EXT on tour and so I wrote up my basic impressions at the time. Here is the extract regarding the cable:

Cable change
I had read somewhere that the EXT responded well to a silver cable. I have the EA Thor Silver II+ and so I thought I’d put this on. By this point I had listened to the EXT with stock cable for a good number of hours. The first thing I noticed was that it added a touch of brightness to the overall feel of the sound. I noticed a bit of sparkle up top and it removed some of the thickness in the mids. There also felt like a slight increase is soundstage width, and the bass felt a touch tighter. I actually thought that the EXT benefitted more from a silver cable than it did with the stock. Of course, not everyone may feel this way and so all the usual caveats are in place!

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #5,288 of 5,717
I pair the EXT with the plussound tri-silver and it’s a great pairing, it’s also very good with the Eletech project 8 Plato x Socrates (better technically than the Tri-silver but I prefer the silvers increased sound stage width and forward mids).

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #5,290 of 5,717
got the erlkonig few days, and now that it passed its 1 week extensive testing period, this experience is making me question end game status, most my previous iems that i adored were bout on the same level, with one excelling in one area over the other, now the jump from all previous iems to erklonig was really big, so the question that comes to my mind did i reach the end game as I did with susvara where i stopped buying headphones for over 1 year.

noting i did try one of orillpus iems forgot its name but it had same iem shape design as trailli and i could not get a good fit at all with it so trailli is out of question

truly vision ears created something special with erlkonig

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #5,291 of 5,717
Erlky remains one of my all time favorite iems.

I’d say that it has one of the top 2 or 3 best tunings I’ve ever heard on any iem.

The power and texture achieved in the mids solely with bas is truly amazing.

Aug 9, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #5,292 of 5,717
Erlky remains one of my all time favorite iems.

I’d say that it has one of the top 2 or 3 best tunings I’ve ever heard on any iem.

The power and texture achieved in the mids solely with bas is truly amazing.
it deserves that status definitely, really impressive

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #5,293 of 5,717
got the erlkonig few days, and now that it passed its 1 week extensive testing period, this experience is making me question end game status, most my previous iems that i adored were bout on the same level, with one excelling in one area over the other, now the jump from all previous iems to erklonig was really big, so the question that comes to my mind did i reach the end game as I did with susvara where i stopped buying headphones for over 1 year.

noting i did try one of orillpus iems forgot its name but it had same iem shape design as trailli and i could not get a good fit at all with it so trailli is out of question

truly vision ears created something special with erlkonig
Exactly!

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #5,294 of 5,717
FCB4810D-80FB-4E62-935D-3F03EE6AC465.jpeg

i tried lotoo touch titanium, it and sony wm1zm2 have many similarities. The main difference is that the Lotoo Ti is brighter than the sony wm1zm2, the lotoo Ti also provides more clarity. The Ti's sound is thinner than that of the M2, so you'll feel more air between layers. 2 dap share 1 resolution level. Soundstage and spatial depth are better on wm1zm2. The sound of the M2 is also richer and sweeter. It's hard to make a choice as to which dap is better because it's personal preference, but both daps are great. but in my opinion, Lotoo Ti is more suitable for PHOENIX.

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #5,295 of 5,717

i tried lotoo touch titanium, it and sony wm1zm2 have many similarities. The main difference is that the Lotoo Ti is brighter than the sony wm1zm2, the lotoo Ti also provides more clarity. The Ti's sound is thinner than that of the M2, so you'll feel more air between layers. 2 dap share 1 resolution level. Soundstage and spatial depth are better on wm1zm2. The sound of the M2 is also richer and sweeter. It's hard to make a choice as to which dap is better because it's personal preference, but both daps are great. but in my opinion, Lotoo Ti is more suitable for PHOENIX.
You can also try the 3.5 output of the Lotoo. It have a slightly different signature compared to 4.4. The 3.5 actually have a higher output power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back