Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Sep 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #91 of 5,715
5 pairs at a time. Wow, that's really a hard work. Thank you for the sharing. The impressions are precious. Waiting for the upcoming ones.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #92 of 5,715
And by the way, have you tried the IEM amplifier card for the 901? Heard it's gonna go well with the IEMs that requires lower gain.The balanced card should pair the best with those monster headphones.

Cheers

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #93 of 5,715
5 pairs at a time. Wow, that's really a hard work. Thank you for the sharing. The impressions are precious. Waiting for the upcoming ones.

Thanks but not so hard listening to the best iems :) Besides I am not concentrating so much...critical listening is not my things. I like to try and enjoy, otherwise it's not worth it. So my impressions could suck.

And by the way, have you tried the IEM amplifier card for the 901? Heard it's gonna go well with the IEMs that requires lower gain.The balanced card should pair the best with those monster headphones.

Cheers

Well I haven't. The balanced card sounds great with iems, and will sound even better when I get my balanced cable for SE5. However it is true that the volume steps are not adapted. It is either too loud or not loud enough.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #94 of 5,715
Thanks but not so hard listening to the best iems :) Besides I am not concentrating so much...critical listening is not my things. I like to try and enjoy, otherwise it's not worth it. So my impressions could suck.

Well I haven't. The balanced card sounds great with iems, and will sound even better when I get my balanced cable for SE5. However it is true that the volume steps are not adapted. It is either too loud or not loud enough.

Not at all. I reckon it's a wonderful mentality of being having fun and enjoy the diversities. Again, thanks for the time and sharing. Don't forget to "lubricate" your ears. To plug and unplug so many times... It's gonna hurt! :D

I am also very interested in the 90l. I gave it up because it was too bulky. Yet, considering I am now bundling the AK120 with the Intruder, the reason can't stand any more...

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #95 of 5,715
Not at all. I reckon it's a wonderful mentality of being having fun and enjoy the diversities. Again, thanks for the time and sharing. Don't forget to "lubricate" your ears. To plug and unplug so many times... It's gonna hurt! :D

I am also very interested in the 90l. I gave it up because it was too bulky. Yet, considering I am now bundling the AK120 with the Intruder, the reason can't stand any more...
The 901 sounds wonderful but the battery life sucks.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #96 of 5,715
The 901 sounds wonderful but the battery life sucks.

AK120 is no better, neither. Hardly survive 5 hours of consecutive listening. :xf_eek:

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #98 of 5,715

Reading your impression makes me regret not trying the Stage 2. 
redface.gif
 It was a good read indeed.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #100 of 5,715
I agree, taking on that many IEM in one sitting would be difficult, especially when you consider an adjustment period is required . I might break it down to single impressions for each over the demo period. Well done Mimouille.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #101 of 5,715
Really ?! Do you only listen to HD or DSD because my ak120 was closer to 10 or 12...but getting off topic.

It's odd indeed. Last time I saw the battery indication show red was after a consecutive listening of almost 5 hours. I dared not drain the battery because it's gonna hurt the battery. That's where my impression of this lousy battery life comes. I listen mainly to the red book tracks. Some DSD or HiRes at times. By the way, the indication does not give a reliable prediction of the juice remains.

Yeah, it's off the topic. I will stop the AK120 thing right here.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #102 of 5,715
I agree, taking on that many IEM in one sitting would be difficult, especially when you consider an adjustment period is required . I might break it down to single impressions for each over the demo period. Well done Mimouille.
Well I am trying this new method because my 3 week old son is not too concerned about my review time. If I have more time I will listen to each more extensively...maybe with a focus on Stage 3 and 4 as I might get one of them.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #103 of 5,715
It's odd indeed. Last time I saw the battery indication show red was after a consecutive listening of almost 5 hours. I dared not drain the battery because it's gonna hurt the battery. That's where my impression of this lousy battery life comes. I listen mainly to the red book tracks. Some DSD or HiRes at times. By the way, the indication does not give a reliable prediction of the juice remains.

Yeah, it's off the topic. I will stop the AK120 thing right here.
Get a few feedbacks from the ak120 thread.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #104 of 5,715
Thanks...but if you found Stage 4 too v shaped, stage 2 is more akin to that to my ears.

Well I didn't find the Stage 4 v-shaped at all, more like a bassy IEM to me. Have you tried the TG334 btw? The 2 should bear some resemblances with regards to low frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back