Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 8, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #556 of 5,715
You can demo VE6XC in Hörgeräteakustik Schmutzler at Reichstr. I asked them if they also have VE5, but haven't got response so far.

For me personally, i wouldn't be tempted for this 'upgrade option', if i already know what I need and which sound signature I like, i would go for it and i wouldn't settle for less.

Because of this very reason, i think i wouldn't get VE5 instead of VE6x1. But the final decision would be made of course after the demo.

thank you very much on this. Schmutzler were the ones I had contact with. they told me about the VE5 coming in may aswell as a new 1964ears because I was interested in this brand aswell. the new 1964ears are supposed to include some technology so far used only in the higher end phones by them, whatever that means.

the VE6x1 look interesting too but the price is hard to swallow. If I would sell my Alpha Prime and Hifi M8 I could afford them as my only home/outdoor headphone. for that price they should be terrific enough to make me not miss the biggies. either way, I will audition all candidates in may at Schmutzler. but I would love to read some ve6x1 impressions if you have anything to tell :)

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #557 of 5,715

thank you very much on this. Schmutzler were the ones I had contact with. they told me about the VE5 coming in may aswell as a new 1964ears because I was interested in this brand aswell. the new 1964ears are supposed to include some technology so far used only in the higher end phones by them, whatever that means.

the VE6x1 look interesting too but the price is hard to swallow. If I would sell my Alpha Prime and Hifi M8 I could afford them as my only home/outdoor headphone. for that price they should be terrific enough to make me not miss the biggies. either way, I will audition all candidates in may at Schmutzler. but I would love to read some ve6x1 impressions if you have anything to tell :)

Guten morgen!!

So, I got a response for my email this morning from rene, and he said he's never heard of VE5 so far, and would request VE to get them the demo unit, which is not gonna happen in april, cause VE is busy preparing their stand in Frankfurt.

Do you mean ADEL technology? I guess you should check out the impressions from the head fi members, who got their A10 or A12 from kickstarter. 

I'd make sure to write my impression of the VE demo units. But regarding the pricing of the VE, I think it's okay considering it's made in germany
biggrin.gif
 and I'm really convinced of their build quality, and the other thing is I'd love to have at least one 'local product' in my CIEM line up 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #558 of 5,715
You shouldn't go wrong getting the VE6 if you have the spare cash. In fact, i bought mine without any demo- just a couple of emails with the VE folks.. And IMO, the demo and the actual CIEM sounded very different. Still enjoying my VE6X2 after a year. And with the German High End LGS silver cable since Feb took the SQ into another level. German precison + German engineering= wow.

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #559 of 5,715
Hi guys, for those questioning or wondering about the Vision-Ears VE5, I already have mine and I also own the Vision-Ears VE6 Xcontrol. I wrote a review of the Vision-Ears VE5 as best as I could here:
http://www.wheninmanila.com/vision-ears-ve5-custom-in-ear-monitors-brilliant-vocals/

I really hope it helps! It's a fantastic CIEM with a different approach to mids :D I really love it! A brilliant duo, the VE6 Xcontrol and the VE5

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #560 of 5,715
  Hi guys, for those questioning or wondering about the Vision-Ears VE5, I already have mine and I also own the Vision-Ears VE6 Xcontrol. I wrote a review of the Vision-Ears VE5 as best as I could here:
http://www.wheninmanila.com/vision-ears-ve5-custom-in-ear-monitors-brilliant-vocals/

I really hope it helps! It's a fantastic CIEM with a different approach to mids :D I really love it! A brilliant duo, the VE6 Xcontrol and the VE5

Good stuff!

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #561 of 5,715

Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to demoing the VE5 now, as it really sounds like my cup of tea with its brighter than neutral sound and focus on vocals. I'm relieved that it doesn't seem bass light. Is it very sensitive like the VE6? I found the VE6 generated a fair bit of hiss with certain sources.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #562 of 5,715

Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to demoing the VE5 now, as it really sounds like my cup of tea with its brighter than neutral sound and focus on vocals. I'm relieved that it doesn't seem bass light. Is it very sensitive like the VE6? I found the VE6 generated a fair bit of hiss with certain sources.

Nope, it's a bit more quiet than the VE6 :) I'm glad my review could help, cheers! :D really amazing vocals, very natural and detailed. A very different approach to vocals which is stellar

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #563 of 5,715

Could be the one you waiting for. Am also looking forward to a demo unit.

@alterstar, nice impression.

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #565 of 5,715
Rhines just announced a Rhines Stage 7, supposed to be a flat monitor, but still engaging. Quite interesting.

I wonder if this is an enhanced version of the Stage 4U (Unicorn). I spoke to one of the guys from Rhines a few months back and he seemed quite keen for the 4U to not just be a Japan and Taiwan exclusive. Personally, the 4U was my favourite of the Rhines lineup that I demoed.

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #568 of 5,715
Does anyone have VE2 or VE3? My UIEM(s) died this week, that's why i need rapid solution, and am gonna pull trigger on either one this week :D
Of course i'd demo them, but knowing that demos sometimes underperform, i'd be very happy to hear impressions from the owner

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #569 of 5,715
Does anyone have VE2 or VE3? My UIEM(s) died this week, that's why i need rapid solution, and am gonna pull trigger on either one this week :D
Of course i'd demo them, but knowing that demos sometimes underperform, i'd be very happy to hear impressions from the owner

Cheers!

I've demoed the VE2 and VE3. They have very different sound signatures. The VE2 has quite forward mids and an energetic sound. It's more of a "fun" CIEM. The VE3 is more analytical, neutral and "monitor" like.

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #570 of 5,715
I've demoed the VE2 and VE3. They have very different sound signatures. The VE2 has quite forward mids and an energetic sound. It's more of a "fun" CIEM. The VE3 is more analytical, neutral and "monitor" like.

it seems like I'd go with VE2. How is the soundstage of VE3 btw? And how forward is the mids of VE2? is the sound signature comparable to SE425? 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back