Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Feb 15, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #5,446 of 5,715
I am starting to explore the Vision Ears line-up more this year.

Based on my taste, which traditionally lends itself to more sub-bass boosted W-shaped signature, what should I look at trying first? I love dynamic bass and a more full/romantic presentation. Treble I am flexible on depending on what works best with the sound.

I tried the VE8 briefly years ago when it first came out and enjoyed it. Other than that I really do not have any experience with their products.

I will be going to Canjam Singapore, so I can audition directly with team VE.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #5,447 of 5,715
I am starting to explore the Vision Ears line-up more this year.

Based on my taste, which traditionally lends itself to more sub-bass boosted W-shaped signature, what should I look at trying first? I love dynamic bass and a more full/romantic presentation. Treble I am flexible on depending on what works best with the sound.

I tried the VE8 briefly years ago when it first came out and enjoyed it. Other than that I really do not have any experience with their products.

I will be going to Canjam Singapore, so I can audition directly with team VE.
Based on your description, the Phoenix was made for you. Excellent BA bass with neutral leaning romantic midrange. I am currently not aware of a VE IEM with dynamic driver for the bass that is a W shape. But you might as well try them all anyway as they are all quality.

Feb 15, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #5,448 of 5,715
Some VE beauty has arrived. Like the OG, beautifully constructed and the faceplate is quite striking in real life (IMO). Haven't had a lot of listening time, but as others have indicated, wider soundstage, greater resolution, and tighter bass seem to be the greatest differences from the OG. Yet it still maintains a lush and more analog appeal of the OG with a touch greater clarity. I do wish I still had the OG to a/b more specifically, but the LE really so far satisfies my particular taste.

Phonix LE and FT 2.jpg

Feb 26, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #5,450 of 5,715
Some VE beauty has arrived. Like the OG, beautifully constructed and the faceplate is quite striking in real life (IMO). Haven't had a lot of listening time, but as others have indicated, wider soundstage, greater resolution, and tighter bass seem to be the greatest differences from the OG. Yet it still maintains a lush and more analog appeal of the OG with a touch greater clarity. I do wish I still had the OG to a/b more specifically, but the LE really so far satisfies my particular taste.

Phonix LE and FT 2.jpg

As a Phonix fanboy I really need to hear this! The faceplate is indeed more beautiful and exotic.

Mar 6, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #5,451 of 5,715
The VE Phönix LE/OG with AK SP3K suit me better (as well as others...); better weight and note ventilation on the stock cable.
And if you change it :
IMG_2359.jpeg

With the EA Centurion, it goes much further. A "black background" which is permanently imposed, a restitution of each sound of each instrument until its fine extinction and clearly distinct from the others which are heard with the same precision while being superimposed.
Difficult to explain that one can at the same time "jump" from one instrument to another, follow it and come back to a very rich global listening; finally, I listen to basses with pleasure! And mediums or highs are at the same time audible and distinct; as for the voices, a precision, a clarity. A very beautiful improvement of the rendering.
A perfect pairing and a great discovery for my ears

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #5,453 of 5,715
Based on your description, the Phoenix was made for you. Excellent BA bass with neutral leaning romantic midrange. I am currently not aware of a VE IEM with dynamic driver for the bass that is a W shape. But you might as well try them all anyway as they are all quality.

I took the latter half of that recommendation and tried the Elysium, Phoenix and EXT at CanJam. I was considerably impressed by all 3, but would lead towards, the Elysium or Phoenix.
Elysium...for the interesting experience I've never really had of the DD being use for mids in a tribrid and being overall up my alley for preferences, but the Phoenix for being spot on with my most common choice. The Phoenix is also so well built, light, and comfy. Same for the EXT - perfect for folks with very small ears or canals that don't play nice with a lot of IEMs usually.

Phonix LE and FT 2.jpg

Wow, those are rare. Congrulations on the pick-up!

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #5,457 of 5,715
Dose anyone have the measurements of Phonix LE?

I'd be curious for this as well, compared to the original version if it is possible.

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #5,459 of 5,715
Just tried the demo, it sounded so different from the og(in a very good way)

Yeah, I only tried the LE when I first tried it at NYC. Made a big mistake in not doing both. That's what Singapore is for! xD

Mar 14, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #5,460 of 5,715

Users who are viewing this thread

Back