Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #436 of 5,715
The first diy modder of ibasso DX100 & hfiman hm-901
One of the first three people order of VE6 Xcontrol in Asia come from Taiwan(country on Earth)

I get my VE6 Xcontrol today

The first diy modder of ibasso DX100 & hfiman hm-901
One of the first three people order of VE6 Xcontrol in Asia come from Taiwan(country on Earth)

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #438 of 5,715

Congrats! LOL you are still tripping on that ****

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #439 of 5,715
Those look really nice. I had a short listen with the V4 and V6 Xcontrol at my local shop last week using only my iPhone 5 though.
Out of my iPhone, both sounded very good with V6 having a slightly wider soundstage. The switch is quite a cool feature and makes it very easy to compare between X1 and X2 without having to stop the music. For me though, I prefer a slightly warmer sound so X2 sounded too flat and boring too me. In X1 bass was a lot stronger while still sounding clean and tight. Very enjoyable.
I will have to go back and listen to them for a longer period of time though and with more appropriate gear in order to get a better impression.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #440 of 5,715
  Those look really nice. I had a short listen with the V4 and V6 Xcontrol at my local shop last week using only my iPhone 5 though.
Out of my iPhone, both sounded very good with V6 having a slightly wider soundstage. The switch is quite a cool feature and makes it very easy to compare between X1 and X2 without having to stop the music. For me though, I prefer a slightly warmer sound so X2 sounded too flat and boring too me. In X1 bass was a lot stronger while still sounding clean and tight. Very enjoyable.
I will have to go back and listen to them for a longer period of time though and with more appropriate gear in order to get a better impression.

Thanks for the feedback - may I ask what other CIEMs you own or have heard?

Cheers

The first diy modder of this post & some of my other recent posts.
One of the first three people to read this post that I'm posting here come from England (country on Earth)

Here's a helpful diagram:

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #441 of 5,715
lmao..........

One of the first three people to laugh at this post that I'm posting here come from England (country on Earth, but not my country)

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #442 of 5,715

Thanks for the feedback - may I ask what other CIEMs you own or have heard?

Cheers

The first diy modder of this post & some of my other recent posts.
One of the first three people to read this post that I'm posting here come from England (country on Earth)

I used to own the JH16 but I didn't like them at all. Too bright and analytical for me. Also extensively listened to the UM Merlin and should be getting my custom version next week. Other IEMs I listened to at the store were Shure SE535, Westone W40 and Fischer amps FA-4 XB. He has a lot more though so when I have time, I will try to have a longer listen and compare them to each other. 

I have to say I am a newbie though and I am quite bad at describing sound so take it for what it is. 
wink.gif

I am looking forward for you review and see whether our impressions match.

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #443 of 5,715
Sadly, I am unable to afford any new CIEMs at the moment, but I look forward to reading listening impressions of the VE6 from those who have an opportunity to demo or own them
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #449 of 5,715
So? any impressions?

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #450 of 5,715
No need for ear impressions these are demos. Mwahahhaha I love lame jokes. Just listened 2 mn. I think more neutral overall than Stage 4, closer to 3. Not sure which is X1 and X2 yet, but one is bassier, more 3d, with more air, and more forward sound, the other is a bit more neutral, less spacious. But that is ULTRA preliminary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back